• Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Am I missing something?

Lookman?

Ok his form has dropped slightly but he has still been one of our most dangerous players.

Same as tom Davies, come out with a bang and next match solid but everything after that just average. Last match lookman kept going backwards and passing instead of going forwards and attacking. He nullified that whole left side. Also he got thrown off the ball a lot because es not that strong.

Ernesto Valverde is the bookies favourite followed by Jorge Sampaoli and Wenger.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/barcelona/next-permanent-manager

They may list Koeman fifth, but his odds are fourth or third pushing second favourite with several betting companies. 13/2 is significantly lower odds than Wenger at 9/1.

Edited by Cornish Steve

No way that Barca will pick Koeman at this time. He simply hasn't achieved enough as a manager yet. Too many out here that have superior management CV's.

I also wouldn't blame him if he did make that choice.

Pep? He only had working with Barcelona B on his CV (managerial cv that is). Look at Madrid, they hired Zidane in the same fashion, look how both turned out. They aren't arsed about what a CV says, its all about winning and playing the "Barcelona way".

Pep? He only had working with Barcelona B on his CV (managerial cv that is). Look at Madrid, they hired Zidane in the same fashion, look how both turned out. They aren't arsed about what a CV says, its all about winning and playing the "Barcelona way".

Good point but koeman one foray into la liga was a failure with Valencia. Pep was very successful with b team. Whole different style of football over there and koeman been away from it for a while. Sure he's got the Barca way and clout, no doubt. They could even make a case that managing small clubs in England helps his case (like Luis Enrique with celta). Just don't think timing is right.

Good point but koeman one foray into la liga was a failure with Valencia. Pep was very successful with b team. Whole different style of football over there and koeman been away from it for a while. Sure he's got the Barca way and clout, no doubt. They could even make a case that managing small clubs in England helps his case (like Luis Enrique with celta). Just don't think timing is right.

He did win the Copa Del Ray with Valencia....

Ever heard of tetrachromats? They can see colours the rest of us can't. For example, they can see which fruit in a grocery store is ripe and which is not.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/02/what-like-see-a-hundred-million-colors.html

Going completely off topic again!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04vn4z1?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=bbctwohighlights&intc_campaign=bbctwohighlights&intc_linkname=vidclip_incredmedmillioncolours_contentcard2

Yep. Both Pep and Zidane spent years behind the scenes of both clubs learning the way etc. Although Barca have more recent history at recruiting from within.

Every so often you can pull the odd name but look at the majority of managers they have had rather than the rare talented one from inside the club. More so Real.

It's a good point mind. Not quite changed my mind though!!!

I wasn't happy that he got it so very wrong last week and after seeing the line-up today I was a bit worried. But he got it spot on.

I was concerned at Jags partnering Williams because they're not the most mobile of pairs but they were rock solid. Barry starting after last weekends performance made my eyes widen but he was one of our best players.

I wasn't happy that he got it so very wrong last week and after seeing the line-up today I was a bit worried. But he got it spot on.

I was concerned at Jags partnering Williams because they're not the most mobile of pairs but they were rock solid. Barry starting after last weekends performance made my eyes widen but he was one of our best players.

I said exactly the same when we got in the ground, so did most around me but Barry and Jagielka played very well.

Tbh, I'm not entirely sure he did get it that wrong against Spurs, I think they're just a better side than us all over the pitch.

The Spurs lineup was far too defensive. Spurs are a good team but we set up to sit back and let them play.

If he'd have thrown two of Mirallas, Lookman or Valencia into the lineup it would have shown some intent to go and grab all three points.

I said exactly the same when we got in the ground, so did most around me but Barry and Jagielka played very well.

Tbh, I'm not entirely sure he did get it that wrong against Spurs, I think they're just a better side than us all over the pitch.

He really did though, Pad. If for no other reason than he made us extremely narrow against a side who have full-backs that absolutely love to get forward. The way we set up let them have free-reign. Baines had a nightmare against Walker because he was constantly being bombarded. Coleman got it to a lesser extent with Rose being missing. We needed to give them something to think about going the other way but we had nothing. I'm not even sure how he expected us to play on the counter because our fast players were sat on the bench :unsure:.

Edited by Romey 1878

I also think it looked too defensive against spurs. I struggle enough with the current system of only having 3 attacking players out there, never mind 2!!!

But it's getting us results. Its impossible to say if it would have made any difference against Spurs. But it might have shown a bit more confidence in ourselves as a team and the individual players.

I also think it looked too defensive against spurs. I struggle enough with the current system of only having 3 attacking players out there, never mind 2!!!

But it's getting us results. Its impossible to say if it would have made any difference against Spurs. But it might have shown a bit more confidence in ourselves as a team and the individual players.

The way I see it is we lost anyway, so we should have been a little more positive in our set-up.

That was always my problem with Moyes when he'd shit the bed. Time after time he'd set us up negatively and we'd inevitably lose. Sure there were the odd games when it'd pay off but more often than not we'd lose anyway.

I said before the Spurs game most fans can except a loss against a (so called better team) as long as everyone has gone out there and given their all to win the game, and that includes the manager it all started wrongly with Koeman's line up, to try and defend for ninety minutes against a team who have been scoring goals for fun was a decision which handed them the game.

Koeman's not a silly man, if most of us who are could see it wasn't the right tactic, I'm sure he has realised the same and we improve and move on.

The Spurs lineup was far too defensive. Spurs are a good team but we set up to sit back and let them play.

If he'd have thrown two of Mirallas, Lookman or Valencia into the lineup it would have shown some intent to go and grab all three points.

You would throw in 11 Mirallas's if that was possible.