• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

I’m guessing, perhaps wildly and intuitively, that Koeman may have until the evening of Sunday, Nov. 5, after the Watford match at Goodison.  A 2-week international  break follows Watford, so that strikes me as a logical decision-moment.

A draw, and certainly 2, from our next 3 matches - all away - will give him until Watford.  If he lasts that long, 3 points against Watford will be a must. 

This wild guess will be ... um ... invalid if in any of the 3 upcoming away matches our play is dispirited, confused, lethargic.  And I concede in advance that it may be optimistic to think our play will by Wednesday be other than lacking in inspiration and competence.

22 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’m guessing, perhaps wildly and intuitively, that Koeman may have until the evening of Sunday, Nov. 5, after the Watford match at Goodison.  A 2-week international  break follows Watford, so that strikes me as a logical decision-moment.

A draw, and certainly 2, from our next 3 matches - all away - will give him until Watford.  If he lasts that long, 3 points against Watford will be a must. 

This wild guess will be ... um ... invalid if in any of the 3 upcoming away matches our play is dispirited, confused, lethargic.  And I concede in advance that it may be optimistic to think our play will by Wednesday be other than lacking in inspiration and competence.

Too little too late if we wait that long.

I think the Chelsea game will be his last imo 

Give someone half a chance against Leicester and hopefully a lift for the Lyon game 

We look genuine relegation fodder atm watching the likes of Watford Huddersfield and co they have far more organisation and drive... Fucking horrendous considering  that most of us thought we'd actually have a good shot at the top six 

23 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

I think the Chelsea game will be his last imo 

Give someone half a chance against Leicester and hopefully a lift for the Lyon game 

We look genuine relegation fodder atm watching the likes of Watford Huddersfield and co they have far more organisation and drive... Fucking horrendous considering  that most of us thought we'd actually have a good shot at the top six 

Call me delusional, but in the summer I was thinking top FOUR. Boy was I wrong. 

1 minute ago, chalkpie said:

Call me delusional, but in the summer I was thinking top FOUR. Boy was I wrong. 

I wasnt particularly impressed last season but I also thought that with his own players in, no more excuses,  and we can really push on and punish any side in that top 6 that goes off the boil. 

It turns out that it's our turn to go off the boil!

I think many did,  top four was slightly out of reach imo but top six was at the time was a realistic shout... What do we know eh 😂

Fucking abysmal I've not seen a side of ours give up so easily in my memory, devoid of pretty much anything we've come to be known for over the years 

Honest question...have we lined up with the same formation and same players 2 games in a row this season?

There's another big problem for me now - we rested several players against Lyon (and just about threw the towel in on the Europa), then said players come in and we get mauled at home against Arsenal.

I don't think Koeman knows what to do next. The players look lost. The only good thing for me is that you can see it is hurting them. You can see the likes of Sigurdsson really trying to make it happen.

The pundits say Koeman has been here before with Soton and got out of it. He's done it with us and got out of it. These long runs of crap performances and results, but why does he keep getting into this situation in the first place?

At the moment, I can't see what we are going to do. We play the 'big' teams and get mauled through skill and quick play, we play the 'lesser' teams and get done on industry and organisation.

When you have dealt every card and shown a different hand in every game only to get the same result, your fucked.

When players go hiding and there confidence is shot the manager is fucked end of. We need to get someone else in, not because he's clueless but he doesn't have anywhere else to turn. They need to hear a new voice.

33 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Honest question...have we lined up with the same formation and same players 2 games in a row this season?

There's another big problem for me now - we rested several players against Lyon (and just about threw the towel in on the Europa), then said players come in and we get mauled at home against Arsenal.

I don't think Koeman knows what to do next. The players look lost. The only good thing for me is that you can see it is hurting them. You can see the likes of Sigurdsson really trying to make it happen.

The pundits say Koeman has been here before with Soton and got out of it. He's done it with us and got out of it. These long runs of crap performances and results, but why does he keep getting into this situation in the first place?

At the moment, I can't see what we are going to do. We play the 'big' teams and get mauled through skill and quick play, we play the 'lesser' teams and get done on industry and organisation.

No.... he's made it up as he goes along.

All this lukaku bullshit makes me laugh....  one player has gone who knew more about football than this fat headed melt ever knew - GARETH BARRY.

YES if we were creating chances, then I'd say lukaku.

After Barry we miss Barkley. Just because the lad gave us far more than he was credited for.

I never realised how good Barry was....

So far this season, I've held back the strength of my feelings. Justifiably maybe, my criticism of Koeman last year was interpreted by some as sour grapes since I supported Martinez for so long. Honestly, though, I was expressing how I felt, and I was not impressed. At the end of the Martinez era, he could have won every game 10-0 but it wouldn't have mattered; the tide had turned with both players and supporters: He simply had to go. That point has most certainly been reached now for Koeman: Without doubt, he's lost completely the confidence of both players and supporters. It has to be a matter of days now; I suspect the axe will fall after the Chelsea game.

I really don't get it, though. Koeman was a brilliant player. His credentials for building a team from the defence up are second-to-none. He's played for and against some of the world's top teams. Moreover, he's a very ambitious man who, frankly, believes he's destined to manage Barcelona and is too good to be at Everton. His failure at Everton, which is pretty much complete, will surely be the death knell to his hopes of returning to Camp Nou. His reputation, for me at least, is on a par with David Moyes - toxic - with each striving for the title of loser-in-chief.

Our defence is the biggest conundrum. Keane, Williams, and Martina are hand-picked players, but just look at them: They are devoid of confidence and making schoolboy errors. How can players known and trusted by one of the world's greatest defenders be doing so poorly? This is a mystery to me. Even if all else were failing, the defence ought to be playing well. Is it confidence? Is it tactics? The number of goals we've conceded this season is staggering. It's already approaching the number a Moyes team would expect to concede in a season. It's actually worse than Martinez's record, and defence was his Achilles Heel. Why oh why is the defence so poor? I really have no explanation.

Games are won and lost in midfield, so I do understand the focus on bringing in top midfielders. Unfortunately, though, they are also failing. Why? In this case, I think it's Koeman's tendency to think like a defender instead of using the midfield creatively. We need pace and width and the ability to create space. Instead, we're all chiefs and no Indians with players passing aimlessly because there is no pace or space or width. This can be turned around by a manager who's willing to turn the midfield loose, to trust them more. Martinez did this with Barkley; now we need someone to do this with Davies and Besic and (yes, I believe it would transform him) with Klaassen. Rooney's experience must be applied. Use his strengths and stop shoe-horning him into roles for which he's not meant.

IMO, we're not scoring goals because we're not playing creatively and therefore not supporting the forward line. Where is the width? Where is the pace? We have it but are not using it. Mirallas/Lookman and Vlasic should be starting every game. DC-L puts in the effort but needs confidence. He'll gain that once we start feeding him more chances and he scores more. He's an awesome player in the making. And look at the lesson of Niasse! I was about the only one not to write him off at the very start because his hunger to succeed has always been there. He's taught us a valuable lesson: desire to win is just as important as ability! When we have both, we'll turn this around big-time.

Just personal opinion, but we're missing the fire and aggression brought by McCarthy and Besic and, to some extent, by Coleman. McCarthy, when fit, should start every time over Schneiderlin (who I believe is perhaps the worst offender on the team right now - no direction, no creativity, and no desire). Besic, while rough around the edges, would add to the fire. Barkley, too, is a massive talent, and his absence (when not injured) is a travesty. I'm so glad he did not move to London; I choose to believe it's because he's looking beyond the Koeman era and wants to remain here.

So what will turn this around? (1) The excellent goalkeeping of Pickford (and please reinstall Robles as #2 and retire Steks). (2) The discipline in defence that David Moyes delivered time and again. (3) The freedom to be creative in midfield and attack, which was a hallmark of Martinez's first and very successful season. (4) A manager who knows and loves the club and for whom the players have total respect (and that would be Unsworth supported by another legend from the past, with Rooney implementing the manager's tactics on the pitch). I disagree with some when I suggest that we don't need new players right now, just the ability to get the best out of the players we have.

Moshiri this season implemented a spend-to-buy policy (mucked up a bit by the Barkley incident). Still, he must be relieved he's net-invested his financial resources on the new stadium and not on new players. Yes, we brought in a lot of talent, but that's thanks to Lukaku. I don't see Moshiri changing that tack for now. By the end of the season, though, the stadium should be on its way, and Moshiri can then focus on filling it with a passionate and growing base of supporters looking forward to seeing a passionate and capable team winning trophies on the field.

This isn't good for Koeman or us, this just isn't working for him and that's how it goes sometimes he's tried nearly every combination and formation going but nothing seems to be going his way, the way I see it the longer he stays the more he's going to hurt his own career as well as risking the club's future,  Moshiri needs to thank him for his services and relieve him of the managers post for the good of everyone concerned.

He's not likely to walk with his projected severance payment. It fire or fall for us now. I genuinely believe we're in big trouble.

Players don't look coached. They're not playing for the manager. Too many holes in the squad . Too much chopping and changing. Too many new players. It's a mess. We probably do need a 'man manager' to come in and pull these players together and give them something consistent to work with.

Let's be clear...... these players haven't been coached.

This fucker is doing a Walter Smith. His brother is his archie knox and if duncan ferguson hasnt kicked off about it then he can go with the lot.

This is abhorrent. Absolutely disgusting.

I want any players who have downed tools to get fucked off too.

Enough is enough. 

17 minutes ago, hafnia said:

No.... he's made it up as he goes along.

All this lukaku bullshit makes me laugh....  one player has gone who knew more about football than this fat headed melt ever knew - GARETH BARRY.

YES if we were creating chances, then I'd say lukaku.

After Barry we miss Barkley. Just because the lad gave us far more than he was credited for.

I never realised how good Barry was....

Barry disguised how little Koeman knows about organising a midfield.

I'd have got rid of the manager before Barry. Oozes class and would have been a massive influence/teacher for the younger players. 

5 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

Or like a sensible business would, include some performance based clauses. Good and bad.

"If you do not average a win % or average points per game by X date, you will lose the right for payment of the remaining contract value"

It's not hard.

Football seems to be the only job where you can do shit and still earn more money.

Haha, this is everton don't you know.

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Barry disguised how little Koeman knows about organising a midfield.

I'd have got rid of the manager before Barry. Oozes class and would have been a massive influence/teacher for the younger players. 

Bring Barry back as manager.