IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

We've no one to blame but ourselves again. We leave it too late every bloody time. Where was this marquee signing? We need a back up striker desperately!

We sold Stones for £47.5 million and spent £12 million on Williams, £7.1 million on Gueye, £750,000 on Stekelenburg and about £30 million on Bolasie which roughly comes to a total spend of £50 million shall we say? So after selling Stones we've spent £2.5 million.... Very underwhelming and a standard transfer window for Evertonians!

We've no one to blame but ourselves again. We leave it too late every bloody time. Where was this marquee signing? We need a back up striker desperately!

We sold Stones for £47.5 million and spent £12 million on Williams, £7.1 million on Gueye, £750,000 on Stekelenburg and about £30 million on Bolasie which roughly comes to a total spend of £50 million shall we say? So after selling Stones we've spent £2.5 million.... Very underwhelming and a standard transfer window for Evertonians!

we owed barnsley 7.5m from stones. so we've spent 10m plus the fees we paid for walsh and koeman.

we owed barnsley 7.5m from stones. so we've spent 10m plus the fees we paid for walsh and koeman.

Maybe so but still disappointing after the takeover and the promised funds...

Sissoko rejected us apparently. Sounds a right dick as he ignored any contact from us after everything was sorted.

Edited by Geth

I'd rather we buy no one at all then get Valencia. He quite clearly isn't going to a first team winger regular.

Not so bothered about Sissoko either.

If it's crap window then it is what it is. Move on and save the money to go at it January when we can reset and go for proper mainstream targets, not our 6th or 7th choices.

I know we're supposed to be freaking out right now, but we've done relatively good business this window, all things considered. Yes, some of the names we were linked with would've been great. But, we can't force them to come here or force their clubs to sell. And, for those players who were very available, the money valuation compared to their ability makes for some expensive bullshit. We've signed some solid players for some solid bargains (bar Bolasie for the price we paid). If we don't blow our money in the summer, it leaves us with more in January, where we might really need it, after four months of assessing where the squad is at. We will be in a better position financially than the clubs who reached during this window. So, it's not all shit.

I know we're supposed to be freaking out right now, but we've done relatively good business this window, all things considered. Yes, some of the names we were linked with would've been great. But, we can't force them to come here or force their clubs to sell. And, for those players who were very available, the money valuation compared to their ability makes for some expensive bullshit. We've signed some solid players for some solid bargains (bar Bolasie for the price we paid). If we don't blow our money in the summer, it leaves us with more in January, where we might really need it, after four months of assessing where the squad is at. We will be in a better position financially than the clubs who reached during this window. So, it's not all shit.

I agree with this. I also don't really rate Sissoko so I'm not upset that we probably aren't getting him. Some perspective is important. We've signed three key contributors who have been pretty good so far. That's a lot more than nothing.

i agree. the targets weren't there, give it a go in january.