IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

By my making, excluding youth players/non proven players this is our main squad this season:

GK: Robles

DL: Baines, Oviedo

DR: Coleman

DC: Jagielka, Funes Mori,Stones

DM: Barry, McCarthey, Besic, Gibson

CM: Barkley, Cleverly

LM: Deulofeu, Lennon

RM: Mirallas

ST: Lukaku, Kone

If we have a rumoured budget of 100 million, we should be looking to bring in a couple of "signings of intent".

Realistically we need a first team goalkeeper, a back up for RB, an experienced CB, a first team DM, a back up for RM, and a first team striker to push for Roms spot, proving he stays and a starting AMC.

I'd like to see us spend the majority of the of the money on a goalkeeper, a deep playmaker, a right winger and an attacking midfielder, preferably someone with a low centre of gravity to give us a different options to Barkley and a striker. Hopefully the rest of the positions can be filled with players who are experienced and are avaliable for free or on the cheap, just to fill in the gaps.

The only worry I have is upsetting the squads balance in the dressing room with too many signings.

Any thoughts on my thoery gents?

I've said it elsewhere a few times, but bring no more than 3-4 players in during the summer, maybe 1 big signing in January, and add the rest next summer. There are so many examples of 7-8 players coming in and the team then failing to achieve (see United and Liverpool as recent examples)

Edited by Matt

Hopefully Koeman can get some of our players back to their best, Mirallas, Coleman and Baines all seemed to suffer under Martinez and McCarthy also went downhill after a great first season. Im also hoping a new fitness regime will help too as Geri always seemed gassed after 60 mins.

hate using this phrase but all could be like 'new signings' under Koeman.

Schneiderlin & Mata are the ones i could see happening. Rodriguez certainly not.

I also think RK will go back to Southampto for a former player, maybe Van Dijk? Forster?

Forster has signed a new contract apparently so although it's possible it's unlikely. Van Dijk would be a class signing.

Nothing wrong with having a go for Rodriguez. Exact player we should be targeting. I think we are a year off him though. Big season this year, European footy, new stadium plans and him playing the same role for real and we could nab him.