IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

Now Walsh is onboard we will hopefully see some movement soon, I'm hoping the club wouldn't make any serious moves until a DOF was put into place it would be odd to start splashing the cash before bringing in a man to do that job along with the manager.... I'm hoping that's the logic anyway

Edited by EFC-Paul

24 hours to go...

It was a guess Steve, that's why it said "and it's purely a guess" but feel free to piss yourself to pull me up on it ?

On a seperate note to that, I think we're struggling to attract our targets I really do. The type of players we're after aren't keen to join a team with no european football who gfinished 11th two seasons running . Martinez legacy is going to take a while to shake off the fucking clown has made us a laughing stock and it seems even throwing silly money at contracts isn't enough.

It was a guess Steve, that's why it said "and it's purely a guess" but feel free to piss yourself to pull me up on it

On a seperate note to that, I think we're struggling to attract our targets I really do. The type of players we're after aren't keen to join a team with no european football who gfinished 11th two seasons running . Martinez legacy is going to take a while to shake off the fucking clown has made us a laughing stock and it seems even throwing silly money at contracts isn't enough.

thats why its important we keep lukaku, if ronnie has the same lineup as last year i think he could do better than 11th.

I think it's equally important that we are focusing efforts behind the scenes on selling, getting the wage bill down and creating a bit of headspace to recruit without breaching any PL barriers on FFP. I'm thinking along the lines of Kone, Niasse, Stones (if the money is as mad as has been suggested in the papers), McGeady, possibly McCarthy if we can get a chunk of the investment back.

Frustrating that no new signings have been made, or even appear close, but if by this time next week we've sold a couple of those names above then that would be a step forward.

IN: Sambou, Renshaw, Baxter, Stekelenberg

OUT: Howard, Osman, Hibbert, Pienaar

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS: Gibson, Dowell

The Euros are (finally) over. HERE COME THE SIGNINGS.

Or not. Be patient all, good things are coming.

IN: Stekelenberg

OUT: Howard, Osman, Pienaar, Hibbert

KIDS: Sambou, Renshaw, Hilton, Baxter

EXTENSIONS: Gibson Dowell

sorry pad i forgot that bobby sucked at managing because we called him bobby not because he was stubborn, chose shitty players, and had 8 year old tactics :yay:

I'll spell it out for you mate. IT'S TOO FUCKING FAMILIAR!! We'll have a statue of him at the Street End next season :shaking fist:

Alternatively tell me to fuck off and call him what you want :P

I'll spell it out for you mate. IT'S TOO FUCKING FAMILIAR!! We'll have a statue of him at the Street End next season :shaking fist:

Alternatively tell me to fuck off and call him what you want :P

fuck off mate, i call the shots around here. Ronny it is, now watch yourself before I start calling you paddy my irish bitch :rofl:

Although this article focuses on need for a #1 goalkeeper, this sentence early on caught my eye: "... this side probably just needs a few tweaks rather than a major overhaul."

(1) Would "a few tweaks" mean 2-3 new signings, and "major overhaul" mean something like 5-7?

(2) I'd like to hear some comments on the issue of "tweaks" v. "overhaul."

Although this article focuses on need for a #1 goalkeeper, this sentence early on caught my eye: "... this side probably just needs a few tweaks rather than a major overhaul."

(1) Would "a few tweaks" mean 2-3 new signings, and "major overhaul" mean something like 5-7?

(2) I'd like to hear some comments on the issue of "tweaks" v. "overhaul."

I do think that this squad needs an overhaul rather than tweaks. The author says that "Roberto Martinez arguably assembled the club's most talented group of individuals since their last title-winning season back in 1987" which I think (1) simply isn't true and (2) ignores that a lot of other midtable Premier League sides also have more talented squads than they did a couple of years ago. I think we're threadbare at the back and in goal and have a tonne of below-average players in midfield and up front.

I do think that this squad needs an overhaul rather than tweaks. The author says that "Roberto Martinez arguably assembled the club's most talented group of individuals since their last title-winning season back in 1987" which I think (1) simply isn't true and (2) ignores that a lot of other midtable Premier League sides also have more talented squads than they did a couple of years ago. I think we're threadbare at the back and in goal and have a tonne of below-average players in midfield and up front.

This.

Guest rusty747

Absolute mnimum signings are a new #1 'keeper, a quality centre mid and replacements for Stones and Lukaku if they leave.

With the right player next to him I can see Tom Davies having a stellar season, if introduced gradually.

Edited by rusty747

I don't know how no one ever seems to mention the wing position as in dire need of strengthening. We've got just three players for two positions (Deulofeu and Lennon for the right, Mirallas for the left).

I'm with you on this. I like Lennon, and I appreciate his hard work, but I don't want him starting games. We need at least one other winger to push for a starting spot, one who has more quality on the ball. It's possible that Dowell could step up, but I wouldn't want to rely solely upon a kid if we're hoping to challenge for a European spot. This is one of our most pressing needs, along with CDM, CB, GK and striker, regardless of who leaves the club.