IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

I'd like a winger with a left foot

I guess it depends on whether Koeman is going to tweak or overhaul. Assuming Cleverley is Barkley's backup at AM, backup LW may turn out to be Oviedo. Under the tweak-scenario, I don't see LW as priority. But then I see Oviedo as having some promise at LW, whereas I assume many on TT think he's not EPL quality.

I guess it depends on whether Koeman is going to tweak or overhaul. Assuming Cleverley is Barkley's backup at AM, backup LW may turn out to be Oviedo. Under the tweak-scenario, I don't see LW as priority. But then I see Oviedo as having some promise at LW, whereas I assume many on TT think he's not EPL quality.

He is an nice bloke and can do a job at LB or LM but shouldn't be starting any games for us and if we want to move forward he would be one of the players we need to replace , even as a squad player

How can you want Coleman gone?

just not a fan. he can't cross a ball to save his life. the only thing he adds in attack is making a run or scoring on his own. he's just not great at linking up or slinging cross into boxes. i don't think he's exceptionally great as a defender either. i'd rather have a more stout defending RB if they can't cross, or have a better attacking RB if they can't defend. just my take.

The start of the season is nearing and our only signing is a back up keeper and off the field director of football.

Not ideal as we would all like to have seen 3/4 new top players settling in and getting a few friendlies under their belts.

I don't think we should panic as the faces will arrive but we have to remember we have the pull of a one legged prostitute.

11th for last 2 seasons with no offer of European football. We are/ were a club on the slide with mid table teams like Saints, West Ham and Stoke now thinking they're bigger clubs because they finished above us twice in the last 100 years.

I think a keeper and striker should be priority but apart from that we shouldn't panic buy.

I said at the end of last season we would have a new player in Mirallas under a new manager and so far he's Proved just that.

Gerry fit and firing- Ross 2 goals in friendlies- given the correct coaching will be like a new player. Stones if he stays might just realise he's can play a big part in a successful team.

Baines- fit and looking forward to linking up with Mirallas ( natural winger) not having to contend with Kone/ Ossie/ Cleverley.

Just named 4 players who IMO will be like new signings come August 13th.

Yes we could do with new faces but let's not forget we have very good players here already. We just didn't have a manager to get them playing the correct way.

The lack of transfers sucks at face value but when you think about it it's not that bad.

Clearly the plan was to get Walsh on board. Not going to make transfers before then so throw out mid-May to July 21. I'm sure everyone wishes it didn't drag until July 21 to get Walsh in but it did so let's move on.

Realistically that has left us without making a transfer for 6 days. Our transfer window started July 21, period. Koeman and Walsh spending some time getting on the same page. The new regime has been absolutely brilliant so far. Absolutely brilliant. If it takes until deadline day so be it. We should be able to beat WBA and Stoke with the current squad, Spurs is a coin flip.

We are light-years ahead of where we were in April.

It was the early talk of Mata that got me excited. That is the only one im disappointed about.

Koeman and his staff need time to evaluate, every player bar one or two looked average and unfit under Martinez and that will change under Koeman.

I think the likes of Mirallas, Coleman, Barkley and Geri will all benefit from a new regime.

A Quality first choice GK would be nice this week though!

to much shite about our youngsters on here, how is tom davies going to cope with some of the quality midfielders these top clubs have, are team on paper has a few good players and a few with good potential the rest would stuggle to get in the stoke team these days other than lukaku barkley gerry and mirallas whos going to come up with anything attack minded in our squad, how a few tweaks is enough considering a keeper is one of our main prioritys is a joke, we need a center midfielder more than any other position imo, we need a carvalho/witsel standard player asap because other than the koeman factor not impressed with are transfer activty whatsoever!

Pet hate is people saying the youngsters will come through and move us forward. You get a top notch youngster every five years if that. The rest fizzle out. Tom Davies did ok in the final game but far too early to expect anything but the odd cameo.

need a center midfielder more than any other position imo, !

Barry, Besic, McCarthy and Cleverly and one or two good youngsters, I don't think it's a position to cause us any panic. Would want a goalscoring forward, a good centre half, and a top goalie before worrying about the midfield.

Edited by Bill

Pet hate is people saying the youngsters will come through and move us forward. You get a top notch youngster every five years if that. The rest fizzle out. Tom Davies did ok in the final game but far too early to expect anything but the odd cameo.

I know, nobody ever won anything with kids.

Barry, Besic, McCarthy and Cleverly and one or two good youngsters, I don't think it's a position to cause us any panic. Would want a goalscoring forward, a good centre half, and a top goalie before worrying about the midfield.

What you just wrote makes me panic more.

It may have already come up but I'm getting fed up of agents saying we are interested in signing their players in order to get an improved deal for them.

The amount of players were being linked with and who "have a change of heart" and sign a new deal is really pissing me off at the minute.

Sorry if this has already been posted but it's doing my head in!!

At the end of the day, the transfer window as a whole is not really taking off like it usually does by now.

I think most PL clubs are being quoted daft prices for players and are resistant to pay up.

Bar the usual Top 4 (& the annual Liverpool give away!), there's nothing too extravagant going on.