IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

It looks like having to sell to buy at the moment.

What happened to our 100 million warchest? I'm a little concerned to be honest, we talk a good talk but when it comes down to it Stones has to leave before we spend a penny!

Hope I'm being a typical blue pessimist and we go on to buy a few diamonds over the next few weeks but I won't be holding my breath.

I don't believe in spending for the sakes of it but I could name a few players I'd like to see come in and IMPROVE what we have.

Edited by smeghead1

What happened to our 100 million warchest? I'm a little concerned to be honest, we talk a good talk but when it comes down to it Stones has to leave before we spend a penny!

Hope I'm being a typical blue pessimist and we go on to buy a few diamonds over the next few weeks but I won't be holding my breath.

I don't believe in spending for the sakes of it but I could name a few players I'd like to see come in and IMPROVE what we have.

has been mentioned before but i will post an article below:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/2015-16-premier-league-profit-sustainabiltyrules

the rules changed to stop teams from blowing all the new TV money on transfers and wages and turning into Portsmouth again. You can't spend a lot unless you are making more in profits. We made a profit from the Stones sale, so now we can spend the kitty. If we hadn't sold stones, the 20m usual kitty would have probably been all we could have spent.

has been mentioned before but i will post an article below:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/2015-16-premier-league-profit-sustainabiltyrules

the rules changed to stop teams from blowing all the new TV money on transfers and wages and turning into Portsmouth again. You can't spend a lot unless you are making more in profits. We made a profit from the Stones sale, so now we can spend the kitty. If we hadn't sold stones, the 20m usual kitty would have probably been all we could have spent.

So basically we need to do a Citeh and name Goodison the Moshiri stadium and let him sponsor his own club to the tune of x amount to allow us to spend the said sponsorship money?

I guess it's a building process. No European football to attract players, an old stadium and a shit last season. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'd say...

Bony

Bolasie

Williams

Kone

Stekelenberg

Represents a decent upgrade on last seasons squad. Perhaps not as exciting as one might have hoped but getting there.

Glaring need for a keeper still.

I guess it's a building process. No European football to attract players, an old stadium and a shit last season. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'd say...

Bony

Bolasie

Williams

Kone

stekelenberg

Represents a decent upgrade on last seasons squad. Perhaps not as exciting as one might have hoped but getting there.

Glaring need for a keeper still.

The bold doesn't read good to me at all! In fact it's got shite written all over it

Those who are disappointed have created their own expectations.

We all got carried away with fantasy football. We all let our imaginations run riot. Now reality is biting....it's someone else's fault!

Nobody from the club ever gave an actual figure available for transfers. There's not one quote available that says 'we'll have £100mill'. It was in the papers, and we took it.

I think it's a shame that some fans feel the way they do just now. At a time when our foundation is more solid than it has been for a very long time.

I kind of see what we are doing. We don't want to spend big money on so called big names and pay daft wages to them. So we get players that have proven themselves in the PL, who know that Everton is a step up in their career. The only aim this season is to push hard for the top 6. Realistically.

I admit some doubts have crept into my mind. But then a slap of reality sorts me out.

I still say we have made one of the biggest signings in Walsh.

If we can't trust/feel good/be optimistic about having a new investor, a proven man as DoF, a solid manager, proven talks of a new stadium...well then...I don't know!!!

Those who are disappointed have created their own expectations.

We all got carried away with fantasy football. We all let our imaginations run riot. Now reality is biting....it's someone else's fault!

Nobody from the club ever gave an actual figure available for transfers. There's not one quote available that says 'we'll have £100mill'. It was in the papers, and we took it.

I think it's a shame that some fans feel the way they do just now. At a time when our foundation is more solid than it has been for a very long time.

I kind of see what we are doing. We don't want to spend big money on so called big names and pay daft wages to them. So we get players that have proven themselves in the PL, who know that Everton is a step up in their career. The only aim this season is to push hard for the top 6. Realistically.

I admit some doubts have crept into my mind. But then a slap of reality sorts me out.

I still say we have made one of the biggest signings in Walsh.

If we can't trust/feel good/be optimistic about having a new investor, a proven man as DoF, a solid manager, proven talks of a new stadium...well then...I don't know!!!

The problem is we are going to spend big money and more than likely pay daft wages but we're going to do it to get bang average players.

The problem is we are going to spend big money and more than likely pay daft wages but we're going to do it to get bang average players.

Are we? Gueye was £7mill. Williams supposedly £12mill. Bony is reported to be £15mill...although that's pure speculation at this point. The only real scary fee is for Bolasie. But again, that's here say.

Obviously fees in general have ballooned. As have wages. But that will be the same for all clubs, it's not unique to Everton.

We'll see. I just think some of the 'emotions' are out of proportion with the situation and have been created by ourselves. If you know what I mean.

Are we? Gueye was £7mill. Williams supposedly £12mill. Bony is reported to be £15mill...although that's pure speculation at this point. The only real scary fee is for Bolasie. But again, that's here say.

Obviously fees in general have ballooned. As have wages. But that will be the same for all clubs, it's not unique to Everton.

We'll see. I just think some of the 'emotions' are out of proportion with the situation and have been created by ourselves. If you know what I mean.

I was fine with Gueye. Williams I'm against as I do think 12m is too much as he's no more than average and leaving his prime. I put a lot more trust in Voetbal International than I do in The Sun and they're saying Bony will be closer to £25m. Up to £30m for Yannick Bolasie is so crazy it's actually unbelievable. He had 20 key passes last season, which puts him at the same level as James McArthur and Alan Hutton, but below Craig Gardner, Lucas Leiva, Daley Blind, Lee Cattermole, Glenn Whelan. Aaron Lennon had 23 key passes in 3/4th of the minutes Bolasie played, Gerard Deulofeu had 26 in 681 minutes less than Bolasie... He's actually well-below average in terms of efficiency.

I was fine with Gueye. Williams I'm against as I do think 12m is too much as he's no more than average and leaving his prime. I put a lot more trust in Voetbal International than I do in The Sun and they're saying Bony will be closer to £25m. Up to £30m for Yannick Bolasie is so crazy it's actually unbelievable. He had 20 key passes last season, which puts him at the same level as James McArthur and Alan Hutton, but below Craig Gardner, Lucas Leiva, Daley Blind, Lee Cattermole, Glenn Whelan. Aaron Lennon had 23 key passes in 3/4th of the minutes Bolasie played, Gerard Deulofeu had 26 in 681 minutes less than Bolasie... He's actually well-below average in terms of efficiency.

Add about 18 million for Lamine Koné as well probably.

The bold doesn't read good to me at all! In fact it's got shite written all over it

Williams is far from Shite and just what we need. Kone also looks like a beast and is rated very highly at Sunderland. Koeman seems to want to make us hard to beat and breakdown and im happy with that. Its not gonna be an overnight transition, we aren't an attractive proposition for high level players at the minute, this will take time.

We just have to trust that 2 proven talent spotters, in Koeman and Walsh, know more than we do! Well, in terms of how they will fit into the squad.

They won't get every transfer right, but they have a very good track record.

The moves we've made so far this summer...Koeman and Walsh included, are not bad at all. OK, compared to our own self made expectations of signing 'big name' players/managers, it may be disappointing. But in terms of adding strength to the squad overall, the names being linked aren't to be sniffed at.

Realistically this season, we are only looking to climb up the table to a more respectful position of say 6th at most, 8th minimum. Then build further on that. That's where my mind is at anyway. And I am OK with that this season.

The players we have brought are all upgrades.

We are steadily building a better squad than we had last year.

Bolasie isn't a below average player in any stretch of the imagination.

30 is too much, but them again so is 96, or 46 or 65.

Stats should be banned from football fans.

We have been here so many times, and still we all have Fifa brains.

I will wait until I see these players play for us and then judge the old fashioned way.....if we win, they ate good, if we lose I'll blame them for third world starvation.

The players we have brought are all upgrades.

We are steadily building a better squad than we had last year.

Bolasie isn't a below average player in any stretch of the imagination.

30 is too much, but them again so is 96, or 46 or 65.

Stats should be banned from football fans.

We have been here so many times, and still we all have Fifa brains.

I will wait until I see these players play for us and then judge the old fashioned way.....if we win, they ate good, if we lose I'll blame them for third world starvation.

Steklenburg isn't an upgrade, neither is Williams in the Long run, Bolasi isn't arguably better than Mirallas.

We're adding depth but we haven't "upgraded" anywhere apart from defensive midfield, and even that's hypothetical.

We need one major signing to excite us and push the team on. As mentioned we need Mata, Witsel, Hart etc, a big name. A statement of intent.

In years past we spent big on first team players and had dross on the bench barring one promising youngster. Finally we are buying bench players that can compete for starting spots and everyone is pissed we didn't get better starters. Players get injured and lose form regularly. It's a long campaign. With 4 proper wingers we don't have to worry about square pegs round holes. We've added steel which we desperately need in defensive midfield. We sold a "flash" player in stones and got a better defensive player who adds steel and leadership.

I really don't understand the nay Sayers. We've been 11 two years in a row and fired a manager. It's a rebuild and this looks great to me so far.

Steklenburg isn't an upgrade, neither is Williams in the Long run, Bolasi isn't arguably better than Mirallas.

We're adding depth but we haven't "upgraded" anywhere apart from defensive midfield, and even that's hypothetical.

We need one major signing to excite us and push the team on. As mentioned we need Mata, Witsel, Hart etc, a big name. A statement of intent.

I don't get that Aidan. Williams is a better centre half than we currently have, right now! Forget long run, we need to buy for now, not the future. We need the quick fixes at the moment, that bit of quality that can help us get back in the top six.

Bolasie isnt better than Mirallas, but is he better than Lennon?

Defensively Williams is much much better than Stones, lots of fans saying Stones will be amazing in the future but that isn't guaranteed! The signings we are making will make us a much more solid team and harder to beat. We've been push overs for 2 seasons now. Williams and Kone in defense sounds good to me.

I don't get that Aidan. Williams is a better centre half than we currently have, right now! Forget long run, we need to buy for now, not the future. We need the quick fixes at the moment, that bit of quality that can help us get back in the top six.

Selling a player that will be a superstar in the future for a solid option right now isn't necessarily an "upgrade".

He's a better centre half right now but stones could be one of the best in the world in a few seasons.

An upgrade would have been buying Williams and keeping stones.

Cant agree in the upgrades mate.

Stekkers is an upgrade on Robles for me.

Williams is one of the premiers top defenders...an upgrade for me.

Bolasie against Mirralas...hmm not sure. Both are hot and cold.

Gueye is very much an upgrade for me.

I do agree we need that signing that will add creativity to our middle.

Selling a player that will be a superstar in the future for a solid option right now isn't necessarily an "upgrade".

He's a better centre half right now but stones could be one of the best in the world in a few seasons.

You're a hard one to please!!!

Williams is a clear upgrade for me as he can actually defend now.

Cant agree in the upgrades mate.

Stekkers is an upgrade on Robles for me.

Williams is one of the premiers top defenders...an upgrade for me.

Bolasie against Mirralas...hmm not sure. Both are hot and cold.

Gueye is very much an upgrade for me.

I do agree we need that signing that will add creativity to our middle.

i'm with you mate, they've all been upgrades, bolasie will be as well seeing as we only have 3 wingers and he's better than mcgeady.

It's not about 'up-grades', it's about the players that Koeman needs to apply his aggressive, high pressure and more direct style of play. We need strong, direct, fast players, we need players with high stamina and we need leaders. The players we are signing fit this bill, the players outgoing either don't or haven't bought into Koeman's Everton.

The upgrade I think most of us we agree on is in the manager's seat and that's what will improve us more than any marquee signing.