IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

for me Joel has proven himself. Each time he came in he made a big difference. I know he's error prone but who isn't? The lad needs a full season under his belt, I think he'll prove many wrong

I don't think he is, I've always thought he was quite solid with a lot of potential and rated him even when he was at Wigan.

No 'keeper is ever going to look good without a decent run out and without a decent defence in front of him. De Gea looked a joke for the first 3-4 months of his United career, from what I remember, but he blossomed as he settled. Joel was his understudy up to u21s (if I remember correctly) so there's a player in there. He's been given 42 starts over 3 seasons with us with the longest run last season in a team that leaked goals for fun and had the confidence of a deflated snail.

Completely agree that he needs game time. His shot stopping is excellent (bar that 1 free kick last season!) but his ability to claim the ball and dominate his area worry me a lot and that is the area that will improve most with games.

At the moment I dont think he is good enough to be our number 1 but at the same time I dont think he is any worse than Stekelenberg. I hope we do get a new number 1, even if it is on loan, and the Joel can go out on loan and get a full season under his belt.

Steve, we have money to spend. Why chose between an outfield player and goalkeeper? We can have both. We need to forget the mentality that we need to watch the pennies. Moshiri wants to throw money around to strengthen the squad.

Rich people are rich because they spend wisely. Few rich people I know throw money around. Ask any Uber driver which riders never tip!

Rich people are rich because they spend wisely. Few rich people I know throw money around. Ask any Uber driver which riders never tip!

Had to google Uber but the point is spot on. My second job as a kid was at a petrol station "pumping gas" (no do it yourself back then) and we did oil/water/tyre pressure checks as well; Rolls/Jags pulled in and asked for the works, never gave a tip. Knackered old Hillman Imp driver was far more likely to give you something.

Had to google Uber but the point is spot on. My second job as a kid was at a petrol station "pumping gas" (no do it yourself back then) and we did oil/water/tyre pressure checks as well; Rolls/Jags pulled in and asked for the works, never gave a tip. Knackered old Hillman Imp driver was far more likely to give you something.

which is another reason we should tax those bastards to death, greedy, not willing to share, no thanks.

Wow - you changed your tune on Moshiri. :huh::)

the tax rate in england is a lot higher than the US, he's paying his fair share. in the US the rich use loop holes to pay less in taxes than i do and i'm middle class. which proves my above point about them being greedy bastards even more.

Edited by markjazzbassist

the tax rate in england is a lot higher than the US, he's paying his fair share. in the US the rich use loop holes to pay less in taxes than i do and i'm middle class. which proves my above point about them being greedy bastards even more.

The mega rich all over the world also have resources like people who know how and where to move their money, what form to keep it in, and how to access it without paying a lick of taxes. Capital isn't fixed in place. You and I use regular old banks and invest at a small level within one country. Moshiri has "assets" throughout the world in several forms, and he can pay people to keep him losing very little in taxation.

The rich tend to be rich because of their networks, having the right last name or alma mater, and, well, because they started life at the top. We can always point to the Horatio Algers of the world as examples of meritocracy working and that social mobility is easy with a little hard work and frugality. But, generally, "self-made man" myths work to perpetuate a culture of blaming the poor for their own poverty rather than explain why the well-to-do are well-to-do.

(I'm gearing up to start teaching another 3 sections of Intro to Sociology next week hahaha)

The mega rich all over the world also have resources like people who know how and where to move their money, what form to keep it in, and how to access it without paying a lick of taxes. Capital isn't fixed in place. You and I use regular old banks and invest at a small level within one country. Moshiri has "assets" throughout the world in several forms, and he can pay people to keep him losing very little in taxation.

The rich tend to be rich because of their networks, having the right last name or alma mater, and, well, because they started life at the top. We can always point to the Horatio Algers of the world as examples of meritocracy working and that social mobility is easy with a little hard work and frugality. But, generally, "self-made man" myths work to perpetuate a culture of blaming the poor for their own poverty rather than explain why the well-to-do are well-to-do.

(I'm gearing up to start teaching another 3 sections of Intro to Sociology next week hahaha)

Preach brother preach, I'm with you

I would much rather them use charity as a loophole then pay more in taxes, regardless of intention. I trust the government far less with those tax dollars than anyone else

I would much rather them use charity as a loophole then pay more in taxes, regardless of intention. I trust the government far less with those tax dollars than anyone else

Problem is (and studies have shown this) that big money tends to flow to the same charities, usually ones run by other elites within the networks of the wealthy, rather than to causes where the money is sorely needed.