IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

It worked wonders. Your wee soldier jumped straight into the pot.

Like a moth to a flame. Bit of drama does the place good now and again anyway if you ask me it gets the board moving.

On that note I've noticed a distinct lack of posting activity from MikeO these days.

Mike you slacker :shaking fist:

Like a moth to a flame. Bit of drama does the place good now and again anyway if you ask me it gets the board moving.

On that note I've noticed a distinct lack of posting activity from MikeO these days.

Mike you slacker :shaking fist:

Mike is a considered poster. He only gets involved when he has something worthwhile to say. So when he speaks we should all listen... And then ignore the fucker.

Would be happy to see how Stek gets on between the sticks until at least Jan.

I'm my books I still think we need a CB,a CAM and cover for RB and CF in order to have a sustainable squad. I'd however be content with a CB and CF for this moment in time.

What worries me however, is that we've been promised money for transfers and at this moment in time Farhad has made money rather than spent it. I'd like to see a signing of intent, however difficult it may be it's what we need to do to make our mark on this season and show other clubs we mean business. Look at United, they're one to fear now because of their committed spending (I understand we can't attract the same players, but you get my drift).

What worries me however, is that we've been promised money for transfers and at this moment in time Farhad has made money rather than spent it. I'd like to see a signing of intent, however difficult it may be it's what we need to do to make our mark on this season and show other clubs we mean business. Look at United, they're one to fear now because of their committed spending (I understand we can't attract the same players, but you get my drift).

You see, I'm chilling in bed, been off for a week, first day back tomorrow. I said to myself 'Don't go on TT...'

This sort of illogical thinking is what worries me. No sooner do we have a new part owner, the shit starts to spill out. Farhad has not made any money at all. I would say that the club is evenly balanced at the moment in income vs expenditure on transfers. Don't forget that we would have paid a good amount for Walsh and Koeman, both were tied down on long contracts.

Watch what happens this week. We are going to spend money. Koeman said in his pre WBA interview that he has told the club to take its time so that he can assess the squad and the youth players. Moshiri in his only recent public statement has said that BK is working on bringing players in and that Walsh and Koeman have his full support.

The problem is not Moshiri. The problem is the reality of finding out what level of player is willing to come to the club right now. BK, Walsh and Koeman will be going hard at it.

Take a step back and just see the bigger picture.

You see, I'm chilling in bed, been off for a week, first day back tomorrow. I said to myself 'Don't go on TT...'

This sort of illogical thinking is what worries me. No sooner do we have a new part owner, the shit starts to spill out. Farhad has not made any money at all. I would say that the club is evenly balanced at the moment in income vs expenditure on transfers. Don't forget that we would have paid a good amount for Walsh and Koeman, both were tied down on long contracts.

Watch what happens this week. We are going to spend money. Koeman said in his pre WBA interview that he has told the club to take its time so that he can assess the squad and the youth players. Moshiri in his only recent public statement has said that BK is working on bringing players in and that Walsh and Koeman have his full support.

The problem is not Moshiri. The problem is the reality of finding out what level of player is willing to come to the club right now. BK, Walsh and Koeman will be going hard at it.

Take a step back and just see the bigger picture.

I never once said Moshiri is the problem, that's illogical. I implied that it worries me we haven't really made a signing of intent, but instead lost a very important player in John Stones.

I'm all for the club going forward, I just want us to strike some fear in other teams.

I never once said Moshiri is the problem, that's illogical. I implied that it worries me we haven't really made a signing of intent, but instead lost a very important player in John Stones.

I'm all for the club going forward, I just want us to strike some fear in other teams.

Come back in 10 days when the window is closed and see how you feel then.

I personally can see great progress already and am excited by what I believe is about to happen in next 10 days and season ahead.

First time I've seen that post :lol:,

I suppose he had to talk some sense eventually :P.

Lol I agree though.

Stones 47.5-7.5 sell on = 40m

Gana - 7.5

Bolasie - 22

Williams - 9

Stek - free

Koeman - 5 in compensation

Walsh - 2 in compensation

Total 45.5

So we've spent all the stones money and some. Not to mention the wages (koeman Walsh new lads) are way more than we are used to. So we've spent about 5m of the kitty which is usually 20m (for summer, 10m for winter).

Should still be bringing in a GK and striker I'd imagine another 30m at least spent there. Which would put us past the kitty into farhad wallet.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I'd wait till the end of the window before outliing this.

We have also freed up wages from 5 senior players moving on (Osman, Hibbert, Pienar, Howard and Stones).

If we can get the right players I think we'll get another 2 or 3 in before the window closes.

I'm less bothered about how much we spend and much more bothered about the players themselves.

I don't care how many numbers we spend.

The important thing is that we have a stronger squad at the end of the window then when it started.

I already feel that we are stronger.

Another one or two players that can contribute, either in the first team or,putting pressure on our first team players to perform, and I will be very happy.

4 from 6, carry this on and we can win the league!

I'm saying in recent history it's about 20m summer 10m winter. Or the year we got romelu 30m total.

That 100m line was fabricated by journalists I think the money moshiri puts into the club will be for stadium and paying off debts and the like.

It should be far more than £20m even without Moshiri. I didn't mention the £100m.

I see where you're coming from now. You're saying with the increAsed TV money there should be a bigger kitty. I won't argue there, wait and see till the end of the window.

I was originally getting a bit tetchy with us only looking like spending once we'd got the Stones money in, but after knowing Koeman told them to take it slow so he could assess things I'm not so worried now. Like I keep saying, I think Deadline Day (and leading up to it) are going to be quite busy for us. I'm just hoping that they can manage to pull a biggie out of the bag, but I think that's going to be difficult despite us having the money.

I agree with those who say let's wait and see.

I'm not expecting a 'marquee' signing as such. But I am expecting a few more players that fit in. If there is anything close to a 'marquee' signing, that's a bonus.

We're being very calculated I think.

i agree newts, must have been the muesli you had for breakfast, been posting some good stuff lately :)

koeman and walsh are both experienced in the premier league, they know exactly who they want and will make it happen. it's both of their first year and they want to make an impression.