IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

Bailey that idea just nearly made me throw up on my desk.

Is no one else excited for transfer deadline day? I'm thinking of taking my iPad to the pub and getting wasted to all the fun and games.

I've said it a couple if time; it's going to be a very busy day for us I reckon. I'm just hoping we don't sign a load of shite and manage to pull a big signing off.

I don't see why one of the LB'S hasn't been trained up to play on the right. It's the same game but from the other side and while I am sure it would be unusual to start with, considering we have 4 of the fuckers and no one else on the right it seems silly. Baines would be my pick every day.

As a left back myself I can assure you it's is really quite different. Same position skill set required but unless you are extremely comfortable on your weaker foot it's quite awkward. Passing angles with your left foot on the right are limited. Tackling someone running down the line ect ect.

As a left back myself I can assure you it's is really quite different. Same position skill set required but unless you are extremely comfortable on your weaker foot it's quite awkward. Passing angles with your left foot on the right are limited. Tackling someone running down the line ect ect.

I get the passing angles but I would hope that players who kick a ball every day of their lives would be at the very least competent with their wrong foot. I'm not expecting them to ping balls like Beckham.

In terms of tackling when I play at the back I prefer playing on the left as a right footer.

interesting. my guess at what his 3-4 is with Lukaku staying

GK

Striker

LW

ACM/Creative

i think we have enough defensive mids with barry, mccarthy, gana, gibson, davies, cleverley. that's 6 and i could see James leaving and 5 still being enough.

Given the fact that Bolasie and Koné are clear targets, left wing and centre back are two positions they're clearly still wanting to improve. Koeman has confirmed to the Echo that the centre forward position is another one they're looking at. That leaves just one spot, one where they're not sure whether they really need someone, but where they probably have someone in mind that they would love if he were to become available (that could be someone like Mata for example).

I get the passing angles but I would hope that players who kick a ball every day of their lives would be at the very least competent with their wrong foot. I'm not expecting them to ping balls like Beckham.

In terms of tackling when I play at the back I prefer playing on the left as a right footer.

Expecting a left footed player to perform adequately using his right or vice versa in a premier league game is unrealistic to say the least. I'm sure they canall kick a ball with their none football foot better than we can with our footballing one but at such a high level just being able to use it wont work.

Given the fact that Bolasie and Koné are clear targets, left wing and centre back are two positions they're clearly still wanting to improve. Koeman has confirmed to the Echo that the centre forward position is another one they're looking at. That leaves just one spot, one where they're not sure whether they really need someone, but where they probably have someone in mind that they would love if he were to become available (that could be someone like Mata for example).

According to Dominic King, they still want a centre forward and a goal keeper after Bolasie (left wing) and Koné (centre back).

Holgate or Lennon as backup at RB/RWB depending on the opposition and what's required.

I see a lot more clean sheets than last year, especially if we add Kone' for competition for spots and depth.

We have enough goals in the team to be a top 6 side, clean sheets was what cost us last year.

How different would our year of been if by the end of January, we hadn't thrown away so many 1-0 and 2-0 leads... Motivation would have been there, pushing toward top 4.

Get on Everton in fantasy prem for clean sheets!

Holgate or Lennon as backup at RB/RWB depending on the opposition and what's required.

I see a lot more clean sheets than last year, especially if we add Kone' for competition for spots and depth.

We have enough goals in the team to be a top 6 side, clean sheets was what cost us last year.

How different would our year of been if by the end of January, we hadn't thrown away so many 1-0 and 2-0 leads... Motivation would have been there, pushing toward top 4.

Get on Everton in fantasy prem for clean sheets!

I really thought we'd be past just having players fill in in positions rather than actually buy a player to play there tbh.

Assuming we get Kone and Bolasie in, I think we'd be a keeper away from a half-decent transfer window. All the rumours are Guardiola doesn't fancy Hart, I'd go all out for him, yes he has a mistake in him but he is also a match winner on his day.

Still think Lukaku will go, but with £65m we could get two strikers in and still have change for Mata. THAT, imo, would be a very good transfer window :)

Expecting a left footed player to perform adequately using his right or vice versa in a premier league game is unrealistic to say the least. I'm sure they canall kick a ball with their none football foot better than we can with our footballing one but at such a high level just being able to use it wont work.

It's not like they only have to use their right but I would expect them to be able to control the ball and play simple passes equally well off both feet. With wingers you wouldnt care and there are plenty of FB'S can play on the right and left. It seems strange for us to have such a surplus at LB and to only have one RB.

We need strikers. I like Geri up front but his finishing is woeful at times and having to look at the bench and bring on Arouna Kone, well we will leave it at that!

A striker is a must, whether Rom stays or goes.

When Geri was going off I wanted Lennon on and Mirallas played as the "striker". That's how useless Kone is.

Antonio Valencia on loan for me. Would suit that RWB position perfectly

McCarthy did really well; he's got the energy, passing and defensive ability to flourish in that role - maybe his positioning was a little off at times but more than happy with him at RWB.