IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

The only factual part is that the season starts in 7 days.

The rest is opinion and/or assumption.

The window shuts on 31st August. I trust and believe that there is work going on to identify and purchase players that we need based on the observations of 2 very knowledgeable and experienced men.

To be honest, I've never been someone to think that everything has to be in place by kick off. I've always looked at the end of the window. Generally, a lot of business happens in that final week of the summer window.

So what are you trying to say? It's your opinion that we don't need the players I have aforementioned?

Granted it is opinion, but we need to strengthen, and that's an opinion in the same way that "mcgeady and kone need to leave" is an opinion, yes, it's not a fact... but it pretty much is.

I think he has already demonstrated that he is more than willing to get the cheque book out, the trouble is convincing top players to sign for a midtable side when they have offers on the table from bigger and better clubs

On the basis of what? No I don't see Koeman, Walsh and Gueye as "major" investment. He's yet to get the cheque book out IMO.

Keep finding myself coming in here to say I'm dissapointed. The expectations were so high this season and right now it's been a very very poor transfer window for us. Moshiri needs to get the cheque book out because we're looking shite on so many levels.

Think expectations are lower than they have been for years. For first time in I don't know how long, I don't expect us to challenge for Europe. We don't look near good enough.

It is going to be up to Koeman to prove himself as a manager. Can he make the best of what we have, and overachieve so we do snatch a European place next season? Maybe aided by a couple of shrewd Walsh signings, and a couple of kids proving themselves? That's the best we can hope for, then next summer invest the Moshiri/Stones/Lukaku cash with the carrot of European football.

I'd be amazed if we made a marquee signing now this summer. We're a midtable team whose 'stars' want out which plays bang average football. Koeman's first job is changing that perception on the pitch.

Edited by nogs

How can you hope for a "bang average" side to play such football Nog's? That's what the transfer windows are for to improve your side we've no excuses not to improve this side just playing in this league with the money available would be enough to attract a vast majority of players as we've seen you don't need household names to improve

My expectations certainly aren't lower and I've not met many who's are if anything much higher, we've a new investor a better manager amongst other things in the pipeline we should be aiming to improve on last season as a minimum as any side should and the way I see it we'll struggle to do that the only plus thus far is the sides that finished around mid table haven't brought many in yet

It's been disappointing for me so far and I don't think that will change during this coming week

Us fans want transfers done by 13th August but the reality is that the window is open until 31st August and sometimes the best deals aren't available until later. The club's job is to have the best squad possible for a 38 game league season and hopefully 2 busy cup runs - rushing players that may not be priority for the sake of the first 3 games may work short term but long term I'd prefer us to get the right players in even if it's 31st August.

Any 'marquee' signing will more than likely happen late in the window as they'll probably need replacing first at their current club and they'll probably hold out to see if any better placed clubs are in for them as we're not the most illustrious option based on recent seasons unfortunately.

Oh come on MC is that really a serious question?

How about the ground move, would that not be considered a major investment?

That's yet to happen Dunc and there's very little concrete evidence it will anytime soon, I'm not saying it won't as I'm sure it will but we are treading ground we've stomped for many a year atm

I'm concerned about now, I know it can all change over the coming week and as C says the majority is generally done in the last day or so but it is worrying

The likes of Wijnaldum Musa Mandana Janssen Kapustka would all have improved us at a relatively small cost and bar the bright lights of London and a decent side in Janssen's case I'm sure we could have brought those types of players in if we'd have acted soon enough

I know that they might not have had any interest in those players it's just an example of players available that aren't regarded as high end making us unattractive as some that we could possibly of brought in

We have looked relatively poor in pre season haven't really added any significant quality and I just can't see us adding three or four decent players which is what we need

Oh come on MC is that really a serious question?

How about the ground move, would that not be considered a major investment?

Seen it all before. Won't believe a thing until the first brick is laid. He's yet to do any major investment.

How can you hope for a "bang average" side to play such football Nog's? That's what the transfer windows are for to improve your side we've no excuses not to improve this side just playing in this league with the money available would be enough to attract a vast majority of players as we've seen you don't need household names to improve

My expectations certainly aren't lower and I've not met many who's are if anything much higher, we've a new investor a better manager amongst other things in the pipeline we should be aiming to improve on last season as a minimum as any side should and the way I see it we'll struggle to do that the only plus thus far is the sides that finished around mid table haven't brought many in yet

It's been disappointing for me so far and I don't think that will change during this coming week

How do you know Koeman is a better manager? I'll repeat - we will struggle to attract top players because of where Martinez left us, which is an average-looking side. Everyone has money now. We cannot rely on the transfer market now - our hopes have to be on Koeman proving he is better than Martinez and getting better out of this group of players. Until I see evidence, I'm not got to let myself get overly optimistic. What killed me with the Martinez was letting myself believe we were on the verge. Edited by nogs

How do you know Koeman is a better manager? I'll repeat - we will struggle to attract top players because of where Martinez left us, which is an average-looking side. Everyone has money now. We cannot rely on the transfer market now - our hopes have to be on Koeman proving he is better than Martinez and getting better out of this group of players. Until I see evidence, I'm not got to let myself get overly optimistic. What killed me with the Martinez was letting myself believe we were on the verge.

He can't be any worse Nog's surely hence the early presumption plus his stint at Southampton gives a good indication he knows what he's doing in this league

I hope I'm just being a smacked arse as many of us turn into this time of year, the 12 year old football fan in us breaks loose and we want want want and whine when it doesn't happen I just hope it doesn't come down to "seeing if he can get more out of what he has" it shouldn't come to that there is absolutely no reason why it should we have money and there's players available

I guess we shall see in the few weeks

That's yet to happen Dunc and there's very little concrete evidence it will anytime soon, I'm not saying it won't as I'm sure it will but we are treading ground we've stomped for many a year atm

I'm concerned about now, I know it can all change over the coming week and as C says the majority is generally done in the last day or so but it is worrying

The likes of Wijnaldum Musa Mandana Janssen Kapustka would all have improved us at a relatively small cost and bar the bright lights of London and a decent side in Janssen's case I'm sure we could have brought those types of players in if we'd have acted soon enough

I know that they might not have had any interest in those players it's just an example of players available that aren't regarded as high end making us unattractive as some that we could possibly of brought in

We have looked relatively poor in pre season haven't really added any significant quality and I just can't see us adding three or four decent players which is what we need

Would they though?

Wijnaldum had a very ordinary season,was massively overpriced and I don't think he is a step up on Barkley

I thought Janssen looked decent in the one and only game I have ever seen him play in ( against England) the rest I know absolutely nothing about to be honest,

I do Dunc

I wanted us to sign Wijnaldum not to displace Ross to play further forward or visa versa plus he can play out wide so is fairly versatile

Musa reminds me of a younger more modern Remy quick and tricky think he'll do very well given abit of adjustment time and he's a better option than Kone, Kapustka I'm only going off the Euro's tbh but he looks a real talent down the wing so he'd improve the squad or push for a place fairly quickly

Janssen is a much better option than Kone and would either push Rom or compliment him well if we changed our system and Mandana is a better keeper than Joel and Stickleback.. can't be arsed spelling his name ?

As said just examples though im just frustrated and I've already said it's the 12 year old footie fan coming out in me this time of year

I do Dunc

I wanted us to sign Wijnaldum not to displace Ross to play further forward or visa versa plus he can play out wide so is fairly versatile

Musa reminds me of a younger more modern Remy quick and tricky think he'll do very well given abit of adjustment time and he's a better option than Kone, Kapustka I'm only going off the Euro's tbh but he looks a real talent down the wing so he'd improve the squad or push for a place fairly quickly

Janssen is a much better option than Kone and would either push Rom or compliment him well if we changed our system and Mandana is a better keeper than Joel and Stickleback.. can't be arsed spelling his name

As said just examples though im just frustrated and I've already said it's the 12 year old footie fan coming out in me this time of year

As I said Ive only really seen Wijnaldum and I was honestly glad we didn't sign him, not at that price anyway

I have no opinion on the others because I know nothing about them but if Kone is the benchmark and we still haven't signed anyone by August 31st I would quite happily dust my boots down and save the club a fortune!

From the looks of the rumours we are currently trying to recruit a replacement for Stones and a replacement (major improvement) on Kone.

I'm hoping that we manage to get our replacement and let Stones go with Bony coming the other way this week. It's the kind of deal I can see going on and on until 31st which would be really detrimental to start of the season.

I bloody hate the transfer window and the way obvious deals all run and run until the last minute.

We seem to be linked with a few difference centre backs, I don't really know who would be the best option out of them but just hope we get on and sign one of them soon!

For me if we can't find a suitable replacement keeper right now then were ok for now.

Defense wise we can get by ok if we get a quality replacement for Stones (assuming he leaves)

Midfield I think we need a new player in the middle to go with Gana who can offer something going forward with a good pass.

Not sure how Mirrallas has got on but once we could do with an extra winger as backup at least.

A quality striker to replace Kone who can challenge Lukaku (who i don't think will leave)

We're probably in for an exciting deadline day aren't we? I can see there being a lot of movement for us, hopefully more ins than outs. But right now, I'm a bit pissed off with how it's going for us. There are wins to play for before deadline day, and it's annoying watching sides who were already better than us trying to improve their squads while we look a bit lost. I'm not for a second saying that I want any of the players that these clubs have signed, or even that those players will actually improve them, it's more about their proactiveness. We're just behind the 8 ball on this one and I don't like it. We had a lot of ground to make up in the first place and if we lose ground in those early games because of leaving our business late then I'm not going to be a happy bunny.

Based on the 'links' so far I'm hoping for the below by the end of the window (all if's buts maybes and wishful thinking). But aside from a RB it would leave us with a great squad.

In:

Draxler (75M)

Mata (35M)

Bony

Williams (15M)

Out:

Stones 35M

The dregs (we know who they are)

The Transfer Window (IMO) should been done and dusted a good week before the start of the season.

I have no issue with it being open the day after the season finishes, the week before it starts. That's the window, do your business out of season. Sack off the January transfer window too. Will make managers use/manage their squads better. Also make them scout the players more intensively, knowing they can't just buy a replacement in a few months time.

With the window finishing a week before the start the season, will allow the new players at least a week to train and adjust to their new clubs before being dropped straight into the action.

I think we need more players. This is what I would like and believe they are all possible.

In

Begovic £5m

Williams £15m

Indi £15m

Mata £25m

Coric £10m

Bony £15m

Bacca £30m

Out

Stones £50m

Naisse £3m

Kone £0m

Galloway Loan

Net Spend £62m

Edited by markiediow

I really think if we get the right signings we could have a boss season. Koeman is obviously addressing the right areas. We conceded too many stupid goals. He looks to have drafted in two proper defenders to play in a back 3 with Mori and a defensive midfielder who runs his bollocks off. For me that is the right thing to do and I'm well happy. I'd sell rom probably in the last week of the window when they are desperate. £65 mill plus begovic. Prior to that if we've already spent that dough plus the £10 mill left over from the stones deal on mata, bony, bolaise and another striker I'd be doing cartwheels.