IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

Selling a player that will be a superstar in the future for a solid option right now isn't necessarily an "upgrade".

He's a better centre half right now but stones could be one of the best in the world in a few seasons.

An upgrade would have been buying Williams and keeping stones.

I agree Aiden. Keeping Stones and getting Williams would have been ideal.

You're a hard one to please!!!

I'm impatient Newty thats my problem!

I see us laying the foundations, I suppose I'm just upset that we've waited for Stones to go before we've started any real business.

I've seen players this transfer window go to other clubs in the EPL when we could have been in for them. If Stones had of gone earlier would we have had a chance?

I'm impatient Newty thats my problem!

I see us laying the foundations, I suppose I'm just upset that we've waited for Stones to go before we've started any real business.

I've seen players this transfer window go to other clubs in the EPL when we could have been in for them. If Stones had of gone earlier would we have had a chance?

Impatient? More like an Inpatient at the mental hospital the way you're winding up!!! Ha.

Who knows what could or couldn't have happened. But we have got the ball rolling on a few decent signings that will make the squad stronger...IMO of course!!!

Impatient? More like an Inpatient at the mental hospital the way you're winding up!!! Ha.

Who knows what could or couldn't have happened. But we have got the ball rolling on a few decent signings that will make the squad stronger...IMO of course!!!

If Williams doesn't score a hat trick on his first outing I'm holding you personally responsible for pushing too much positivity into the community.

not that big a priority if he's planning 3 at the back

Why not? Coleman would still start when they go 3 at the back, so he needs cover. I'm afraid it's going to be Holgate though, I would rather see him go out on loan to someplace he'll play centre back if we're getting Koné as well.

As an attacking outlet on the RW rather than RB, where we have cover.

Who? That wing player is still going to have to drop into a line of five at the back when the opposition has the ball near the Everton box, etc. You'll almost exclusively find full backs playing that wing back role.

Koeman wants 3-4 more players.

Think that still puts us a little light. 6/7 for me.

GK

Backup RB

Defensive mid

Creative

Left Winger

Striker x 2

interesting. my guess at what his 3-4 is with Lukaku staying

GK

Striker

LW

ACM/Creative

i think we have enough defensive mids with barry, mccarthy, gana, gibson, davies, cleverley. that's 6 and i could see James leaving and 5 still being enough.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Three or four so let's say Kone and Bolasie are two of those (likely) if we had two more come in at the most by the sounds of it who would want what area covered?

A better Keeper? Creative player? Striker?

I think it's likely that a keeper is out of the question with him bringing in Steklenburg IMO I think he'll be first choice for the time being or competition to push Joel on, if that's the case a creative mid and a striker would see us fairly right for the time being although I'd have liked a better keeper brought in

Hypothetical I know but if we end the window with the likes of

Stekelenburg

Gueye

Williams

Kone

Bolasie

Mata

Bony

I'd be made up with that tbh

Three or four so let's say Kone and Bolasie are two of those (likely) if we had two more come in at the most by the sounds of it who would want what area covered?

I think it's likely that a keeper is out of the question with him bringing in Steklenburg IMO I think he'll be first choice for the time being or competition to push Joel on, if that's the case a creative mid and a striker would see us fairly right for the time being although I'd have liked a better keeper brought in

Stekelenburg

Gueye

Williams

Kone

Bolasie

Mata

Bony

I doubt we'll get Bony and Mata mate, I'd be absolutely delighted if we got that list though.

I doubt we'll get Bony and Mata mate, I'd be absolutely delighted if we got that list though.

I'm not convinced on Mata I can see us bringing in a lesser known but capable player I trust both Koeman and Walsh in that regard but I can see us going for Bony especially if the fee of £15m is true

Not everyone's choice but for £15m I don't think you'll find a better striker who knows the league will score goals given the games... Deeney for £30m or Bony for £15m just as an example of the market!

I'm not convinced on Mata I can see us bringing in a lesser known but capable player I trust both Koeman and Walsh in that regard but I can see us going for Bony especially if the fee of £15m is true

Not everyone's choice but for £15m I don't think you'll find a better striker who knows the league will score goals given the games... Deeney for £30m or Bony for £15m just as an example of the market!

I agree, for 15 mil I'd have him in a heart beat. Anythings better than Kone.

Stekelenburg

Gueye

Williams

Kone

Bolasie

Mata

Bony

The fact that so many of our fans would be over the moon with a list of signings like that is an indication of where we're at as a club right now IMO.

I don't see why one of the LB'S hasn't been trained up to play on the right. It's the same game but from the other side and while I am sure it would be unusual to start with, considering we have 4 of the fuckers and no one else on the right it seems silly. Baines would be my pick every day.

I don't see why one of the LB'S hasn't been trained up to play on the right. It's the same game but from the other side and while I am sure it would be unusual to start with, considering we have 4 of the fuckers and no one else on the right it seems silly. Baines would be my pick every day.

I remember the horror of Oviedo at RB. Let's not go there.