IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

Guest rusty747

I get the feeling that Moshiri might be kicking some ass over this latest cock up. He is obviously very aware of the 'value of the Everton brand' and ths is the sort of balls up that can only devalue the brand.

Guest rusty747

What balls up Rusty? Delaying squad numbers 24 hours is hardly a major issue.

I think Moshiri would have liked the bulk of his transfer business done ahead of squad numbers being released. Not easy I grant you but with only one new signing so far and the certainty that we will have to sign at least two more players who will be regular starters, plus the possibility that Stones and/or Lukaku may leave and will also need replacing, there is an awful lot of uncertainty and spare squad numbers up for grabs.

I think Moshiri would have liked the bulk of his transfer business done ahead of squad numbers being released. Not easy I grant you but with only one new signing so far and the certainty that we will have to sign at least two more players who will be regular starters, plus the possibility that Stones and/or Lukaku may leave and will also need replacing, there is an awful lot of uncertainty and spare squad numbers up for grabs.

if he wanted the majority of his signings in, he should've got the manager and DoF sorted quicker.

I don't think he cares though

I don't understand the panic. Sure, it would be nice if everything worked out to where we could accomplish our summer business early enough for new players to do their preseason here. But, oh well. The club isn't simply going to implode because the summer transfer window didn't move quickly enough for the fans to be happy. The club made some major structural changes this summer, so to expect everything to just magically happen is naive.

So chaps, 12 days and counting - who's feeling chipper about the new season and this exciting new squad we have?

My panick stems from the friendlys.

People were saying were playing a high pressure game etc and I honestly couldn't see the difference from when Martinez was in charge.

It's very early and his style might take time. But I didn't exactly see players playing for thier positions.

Gerry was good in spells again St very poor opposition.

Mirralas was...well other than a freekick he was Mirralas.

Ross was again uninspiring. One good goal, one softly bit trickier and not much else to offer.

Defence......Everton.

Results......Everton.

Feeling......Everton.

August 2014 - I felt genuinely optimistic then. Didn't really turn out as planned that one...

The only shred of comfort I'm taking from transfers is that Man U have been trying to sign Pogba since before they let him join Juve. The whole market is like treacle.

My panick stems from the friendlys.

People were saying were playing a high pressure game etc and I honestly couldn't see the difference from when Martinez was in charge.

It's very early and his style might take time. But I didn't exactly see players playing for thier positions.

Not to minimize the friendlies, but they're basically glorified fitness tests. That's true this year more than ever. New manager, new style, old manager's players, no new players, etc. As a fan, it helps to see some improvement and results. But, the manager is looking for whatever he's looking for out there (probably to see how well players can follow instructions from training, at the moment). We aren't seeing our best XI being told to go out there and win and being given a game plan to do so. The players are also battling in training every day. We don't get to see that.

Not to minimize the friendlies, but they're basically glorified fitness tests. That's true this year more than ever. New manager, new style, old manager's players, no new players, etc. As a fan, it helps to see some improvement and results. But, the manager is looking for whatever he's looking for out there (probably to see how well players can follow instructions from training, at the moment). We aren't seeing our best XI being told to go out there and win and being given a game plan to do so. The players are also battling in training every day. We don't get to see that.

I think the worry is focused the style of play.

It is early season, true, but we will be working on Koeman's instructions day in day out in preparation for the season. Our defining hasn't improved at all, either in play or from dead ball situations, going forward is a little more direct and purposeful which is nice to see, but going forward was never really the biggest problem for us.

We need to strengthen the longer you leave it the longer it'll take for new players to click and the longer we will suffer.

Where is this Marque signing that was mentioned??? The sort of signing that was going to show the intent that this sleeping giant of a club has awoken?????

I wasn't worried a couple of weeks ago but now with it looking like Stones and Rom are off with only 11 days until the Spurs game.

Like every Everton fan with half a brain knows- we need a bloody keeper!!!!! The 2 we have are not starters.

If Stones and Rom go we will bring in over £100 million. Plus the funds promised less Gueye's transfer fee.

Really think we need to start pulling our fingers out regarding players in. We have been crap in our last 2 friendlies ( and yes I do read into friendlies with players performances).

I'm still excited about this season and am 100% behind Koeman. Just a little more concerned/ nervous now than a couple of weeks ago.

Marque signings please Mr Koeman. Not another squad player in an over filled position that no other club are interested in.

Show us fans that intent promised.

Edited by milesey05

Where is this Marque signing that was mentioned??? The sort of signing that was going to show the intent that this sleeping giant of a club has awoken?????

I wasn't worried a couple of weeks ago but now with it looking like Stones and Rom are off with only 11 days until the Spurs game.

Like every Everton fan with half a brain knows- we need a bloody keeper!!!!! The 2 we have are not starters.

If Stones and Rom go we will bring in over £100 million. Plus the funds promised less Gueye's transfer fee.

Really think we need to start pulling our fingers out regarding players in. We have been crap in our last 2 friendlies ( and yes I do read into friendlies with players performances).

I'm still excited about this season and am 100% behind Koeman. Just a little more concerned/ nervous now than a couple of weeks ago.

Marque signings please Mr Koeman. Not another squad player in an over filled position that no other club are interested in.

Show us fans that intent promised.

I'm hoping the 'Marque' signing is progressing in the background in the same way Pogba seems to be dragging over at Man Utd Edited by mogsy

I also don't think we're an attractive prospect to internationals outside of the Premier League.

So I do think we're struggling to get the targets we want. Not helped by the consecutive below top 10 finishes.

We'll get some more in, the odd exciting one(!).

I liked the article posted by Mark(?) about the slow progression to success, rather than the Man City model (which worked back in the day before everyone got rich).