IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

On the surface, it certainly looks like it.

As frustrating as it is, I don't think (for once) this is on Everton. I get the impression that it's the player's willingness to make the move to a club of our current standing.

To be fair, it's probably very busy behind the scenes.

It is, of course, a bit of an underwhelming feeling what we have done so far in the market.

But I see no reason to be overly disappointed beyond the natural feelings of a typical fan who likes to see new players coming in and money spent.

In reality, we have done some tough, time consuming, business in making 2 appointments well and truly against their previous clubs wishes.

We have 3 weeks until the window shuts. We currently have a squad which is capable of pushing hard for top 6...That's not saying this lot will finish top 6...it's saying exactly how it reads...they can push for it. We just need the right additions to push us on. I don't think the club is allowing itself to be bent over by agents and clubs. Which is great.

Koeman can judge our squad against a squad that finished 6th. Walsh can judge our squad against a squad that won the League. The judgements of these 2 needs to be trusted. And we need to trust that if they feel not much is needed, then not much is needed.

Decisions have been made on who is not wanted. See squad numbers. It's clear that everyone else is wanted inc. Lukaku and Stones. Time will tell what happens there. And what happens there might be the catalyst for what happens next.

Trust and patience is key.

Based on what though?

Based on the fact that the season starts in 7 days and we need a number 1 keeper, back up for coleman, rotation/starting centre half, a starting midfielder, a left footed winger and back up for Rom.

That's if Stones and Lukaku stay, and that's also the bare minimum we need too, that's 5 players.

Based on the fact that the season starts in 7 days and we need a number 1 keeper, back up for coleman, rotation/starting centre half, a starting midfielder, a left footed winger and back up for Rom.

That's if Stones and Lukaku stay, and that's also the bare minimum we need too, that's 5 players.

The only factual part is that the season starts in 7 days.

The rest is opinion and/or assumption.

The window shuts on 31st August. I trust and believe that there is work going on to identify and purchase players that we need based on the observations of 2 very knowledgeable and experienced men.

To be honest, I've never been someone to think that everything has to be in place by kick off. I've always looked at the end of the window. Generally, a lot of business happens in that final week of the summer window.

It is, of course, a bit of an underwhelming feeling what we have done so far in the market.

But I see no reason to be overly disappointed beyond the natural feelings of a typical fan who likes to see new players coming in and money spent.

In reality, we have done some tough, time consuming, business in making 2 appointments well and truly against their previous clubs wishes.

We have 3 weeks until the window shuts. We currently have a squad which is capable of pushing hard for top 6...That's not saying this lot will finish top 6...it's saying exactly how it reads...they can push for it. We just need the right additions to push us on. I don't think the club is allowing itself to be bent over by agents and clubs. Which is great.

Koeman can judge our squad against a squad that finished 6th. Walsh can judge our squad against a squad that won the League. The judgements of these 2 needs to be trusted. And we need to trust that if they feel not much is needed, then not much is needed.

Decisions have been made on who is not wanted. See squad numbers. It's clear that everyone else is wanted inc. Lukaku and Stones. Time will tell what happens there. And what happens there might be the catalyst for what happens next.

Trust and patience is key.

We are nowhere near a squad good enough to push for top 6, we're absolutely miles away from it.

Keep finding myself coming in here to say I'm dissapointed. The expectations were so high this season and right now it's been a very very poor transfer window for us. Moshiri needs to get the cheque book out because we're looking shite on so many levels.

I think it all boils down to the TV money this year. All clubs are flush with cash and the agents know this.

We enquire for a player and get quoted ridiculous fees. This leads to a cat and mouse game of players, clubs and agents all holding out for the best deal.

Utd still haven't signed Pogba, this despite it being "nailed on" all summer and as soon as he goes I think there will be a flurry of activity.

As usual the top clubs will take their pick of players and the likes of Everton will get to pick the scraps after that. Having more money just means we get the better scraps.

Personally I think the transfer window had descended into farce long ago. It should open at the end of the season and close at the start of the first game. Any player trading throughout the season should only be on a loan basis.

United have signed their other key players though. Not having Pogba before the first game isn't going to hit them that hard, we're crying out for a creative midfielder and a quality goalkeeper. We're desperate for players in those positions.

Keep finding myself coming in here to say I'm dissapointed. The expectations were so high this season and right now it's been a very very poor transfer window for us. Moshiri needs to get the cheque book out because we're looking shite on so many levels.

I think he has already demonstrated that he is more than willing to get the cheque book out, the trouble is convincing top players to sign for a midtable side when they have offers on the table from bigger and better clubs

Far from what I was expecting so far since Moshiri Koeman and albeit fairly recently Walsh came in

Wthout losing anyone we need a decent keeper a solid CB another central/creative mid and another striker as Kone is Championship quality

Friendlies or not some of the sides I've seen look well beyond ourselves quality and depth wise, we'll be left further behind yet again.

I understand some people saying this is a season to bed the foundations of something much bigger down the line but each passing season we say or expect such things the sides that already have said foundations in place move forward

We needed to add quality from the off of this window and rid ourselves of all the deadwood how Kone is still here makes my stomach turn, I know it's easier said than done attracting players but we've enough money and pull to bring in some of the players other sides have that would have improved us

I really hope we bring in some real quality and soon but I just can't see it

Edited by EFC-Paul