IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

The problem as mentioned is big names don't want to come.

Witsel clearly doesn't want to come.

Mata didn't want to come.

Koulibaly obviously isn't that keen either.

Why would they be? You can throw big wages at them but so can most teams who are in Europe and challenging for titles.

If those players don't want to join I don't want us to waste our time trying to force them in.

I fancy Lukaku won't leave, he's one of those players (and agents) who like to promote themselves for a transfer every window, if we accepted the offers that came in he'd leave but I think he'll be happy enough to get on with it if not. I don't see him making a formal transfer request. I really fancy Lukaku will do well under Koeman, he would certainly have to work a bit harder but he's always excelled when we've got the ball forward to him quickly and given him a chance to take on the defense at the half way line. From the sound of it this is something Koeman is keen on with quick balls forward from the full backs. Hopefully we get to see it.

For me the main position we need is another central midfielder who can hold position but create things. Having both Barry and McCarthy didn't really give us that. It's fine to have 2 midfielders who get stuck in and hold position and cover full backs to an extent but in a lot of cases last season they were a little redundant while we had a lot of possession. 1 of those players needs to have more about them to push forward, look for smart passes and open things up. Besic has a bit of that ability but I feel that's a position we need quality in. I'm guessing that was why we after Witsel but from what I've read I didn't get the impression he was someone that would do the great passing and opening things up kind of side of things. I may be wrong though.

Surprised to see Garbutt hasn't got a squad number, not sure how he did out on loan after his injury but I thought he looked very good the season before when he came in for Baines.

It's starting to come together now that koeman and Walsh are on board we got a solid number 2 in stekelenberg and a very solid Young DCM in Gueye. Just signed tom Davies to a 5 year deal I think that is great as well and shows that Ronny will play him and likes him.

Just need a couple more signings but Walsh just arrived so I'm not too worried. I think he's racing to get the players he wants signed and will do so before the end of the window.

I do think Koemans probably seen great things in the younger lads like Davies and I'm all for promoting youth if they are good enough which I think a few of them will be

If we keep Lukaku and sell Stones something along these lines and I'd be happy

Begovic - Very good keeper who would be cheap and still has his prime years ahead of him

Williams - Great leader and very solid defender just what we need

Insigne - would be a great attacking and creative outlet and wouldn't cost much £10/15m if that

Iheanacho - I think the lads talented big strong quick and uses his assets well, won't get much of a look in under Pep and wouldn't cost a fortune, worth a punt IMO

Edited by EFC-Paul

Iheanacho - I think the lads talented big strong quick and uses his assets well, won't get much of a look in under Pep and wouldn't cost a fortune, worth a punt IMO

I think he looks a top prospect and would love him here but can't see Citeh entertaining the thought of selling such a good prospect. Can see him getting a fair few opportunities as second fiddle to Aguero.

I think he looks a top prospect and would love him here but can't see Citeh entertaining the thought of selling such a good prospect. Can see him getting a fair few opportunities as second fiddle to Aguero.

I think Nolito will play second fiddle especially with bringing in Sane aswel I can see them playing one up front

Great young player though shame if he doesn't get the chance City and Chelsea ruin so many talented young players

Especially if you read up on how many loopholes City wentry through in order to get him (underaged).

Sane and Jesus are wingers. There's absolutely no way they'll let Iheanacho go as it stands, especially considering Aguero's tendency to pick up niggles.

Technically they are both regarded as wingers/forwards much like many modern players due to many sides playing a front three much like the Sterling's and Walcott's of the world

Either way that's just regurgitating my point city will play with one sole striker or a front three it's Pep's way and people seem to be forgetting they've brought in Nolito and Faupala who looks a real talent along with Sergio Sane and Jesus De Bruyne etc his chances are very slim

Edited by EFC-Paul

Looks like a "busy week" is turning out to be signing one player from a relegated club.

On the surface, it certainly looks like it.

As frustrating as it is, I don't think (for once) this is on Everton. I get the impression that it's the player's willingness to make the move to a club of our current standing.