IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

56 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

The dude's played 5 games in the last month and a half after being out for 4 months. If he's still playing like this after a run of 10 games, then we can have a go at him.

He's basically been out the entire season and we're slagging him off like he's Rondon-level. This fanbase amazes me sometimes 😂

I’m certainly not saying that, but we are going to need everyone on it against City and he is really struggling at the moment. So much so that he may as well not even be on the pitch.

I don’t say to drop him lightly because he’s always been someone I’ve backed and rate highly.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

For me he’s completely lost his focus and has started to believe the hype.   He is at his best as a hard working striker.  He’s not doing enough, he’s not a natural goal scorer. 

Unfortunately agree Haf. He's been out and is not match fit. Changes at the club and him being linked with a move away. Regrettably I don't think his heart is into Everton's future.

FFS as Dunlop says the lad has been out for 4 months, it’s going to take him time to get back up to speed. Anyone ever heard of match fitness?

He has changed his game and been told to play within the lines of the 18 yard box, if we don’t get the ball into the 18 yard box then it’s pretty bloody obvious he is going to be ineffective 

Give him the service and I’m sure he will still produce the goods 

9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

FFS as Dunlop says the lad has been out for 4 months, it’s going to take him time to get back up to speed. Anyone ever heard of match fitness?

He has changed his game and been told to play within the lines of the 18 yard box, if we don’t get the ball into the 18 yard box then it’s pretty bloody obvious he is going to be ineffective 

Give him the service and I’m sure he will still produce the goods 

Even when getting chances he has a poor conversion rate for me. Misses far too many chances 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I don’t know what’s wrong with him but I wouldn’t use match fitness as an excuse, he’s been back in the team since Jan 4th played 5 games and had 1.5 months of training and still looked very very poor and even disinterested which I find the most concerning. 

As stated he’s more interested in showing his body off, taking his bobble out and shaking his hair in front of the crowd…. Maybe that’s what he’s after the L’Oréal advert. He could wear a skirt too. 

Genuinely though he looks very very disinterested 

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The bad new for you fellas is that he is still by far our best CF

I would say that’s bad news at the moment for everyone concerned with Everton, if our best CF lacks the ability to score or create for others and even play any part in games, then for a team in our position that doesn’t bode well for the next couple of months. Not just aimed at DCL but we need to stop making excuses for players who aren’t stepping up to challenges in front of us, even Rondon would be an improvement on the DCL of late and that’s saying something. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I would say that’s bad news at the moment for everyone concerned with Everton, if our best CF lacks the ability to score or create for others and even play any part in games, then for a team in our position that doesn’t bode well for the next couple of months. Not just aimed at DCL but we need to stop making excuses for players who aren’t stepping up to challenges in front of us, even Rondon would be an improvement on the DCL of late and that’s saying something. 

Nah I’m not having that at all!

Honestly think people are being far too quick to write off DCL. He has been out for 4 months, that’s longer than the gap between seasons and he’s had no preseason period to get up to speed.

What version of DCL do the knockers want to see anyway? Do they want the workhorse version who never stops running and is chasing back and running down the channels but never getting on the end of things or do they want the predator who plays within the width of the 18 yard box and scores goals?

If it’s the latter then he needs to be given time to get his sharpness/ match fitness back but even more importantly he needs to be given service

4 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Everton fans strike again, just a week after being told by Ben Foster that we're one of the worst fanbases in the league due to getting on players backs there's folk out there giving shit to DCL, who's been out for months with injury and is only 24 years old. 

Honestly, some of our "fans" absolutely boil my piss. The Ben Foster comments were absolutely on the money and I've been saying it for years.

Who’s been giving him shit?  No need to abuse him at all. 

i would sell him for the money touted as I don’t think he is a finisher or has that same hunger we seen pre England debut. 

26 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Social media muppets.

28 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Social media muppets.

he hasn't. Some people are sharing the opinion he was shit and they would sell him etc, some arguing the counter- he's not getting abuse.  Ronaldo gets the same opinions etc shared about him

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Everton fans strike again, just a week after being told by Ben Foster that we're one of the worst fanbases in the league due to getting on players backs there's folk out there giving shit to DCL, who's been out for months with injury and is only 24 years old. 

Honestly, some of our "fans" absolutely boil my piss. The Ben Foster comments were absolutely on the money and I've been saying it for years.

What have you been impressed with in the last 1.5 months since his return, I’ve seen nothing but I’ll be interested in what you’ve seen in his last 5 games which makes my critique of him irrelevant. Ben Foster was talking about the home support at Goodison and how the fans get on the team’s back if things aren’t going there way, not internet posts that can’t be heard in game time. 

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What have you been impressed with in the last 1.5 months since his return, I’ve seen nothing but I’ll be interested in what you’ve seen in his last 5 games which makes my critique of him irrelevant. Ben Foster was talking about the home support at Goodison and how the fans get on the team’s back if things aren’t going there way, not internet posts that can’t be heard in game time. 

To answer your question.
The things none of our other players can do, wins aerial challenges, brings other players into the game, provides an outlet when needed, would have scored the first against Leeds if nothing for the challenge from the defender, thankfully Seamus got his head to to and scored, so that’s an assist.

If we don’t get decent balls into the box he’s always going to struggle to score.

2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

To answer your question.
The things none of our other players can do, wins aerial challenges, brings other players into the game, provides an outlet when needed, would have scored the first against Leeds if nothing for the challenge from the defender, thankfully Seamus got his head to to and scored, so that’s an assist.

If we don’t get decent balls into the box he’s always going to struggle to score.

But he’s not doing the hard yards anymore.  He made himself a niche forward by doing that but then focused on operating in the box…… he’s doing neither at the moment and wasn’t before injury. 

I firmly believe he wanted a love to arsenal, he does not look engaged at all. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

But he’s not doing the hard yards anymore.  He made himself a niche forward by doing that but then focused on operating in the box…… he’s doing neither at the moment and wasn’t before injury. 

I firmly believe he wanted a love to arsenal, he does not look engaged at all. 

He scored three goals in three games before the injury so don’t think that’s too bad to be honest