IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Nothing too juicy, it may be bollocks but very very unlikely to be.  

put it this way……. Ffp, our liaising with the league over signings etc.  it makes absolutely no sense that we were allowed to spend on 2 full backs unless we were able to give assurances that we are selling an asset.  We couldn’t have sold him in January - I wish we did and somehow managed to get someone in. I know we tried but failed. 

Wasn’t the Digne money used as the funds to sign Mykolenko and Patterson, obviously I’m to not sure but that was my belief. If DCL goes then we will need to spend the money on a striker, but what a gamble that will be it’s got to be over a decade since we got that right. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Wasn’t the Digne money used as the funds to sign Mykolenko and Patterson, obviously I’m to not sure but that was my belief. If DCL goes then we will need to spend the money on a striker, but what a gamble that will be it’s got to be over a decade since we got that right. 

Yeah the Digne money more or less got recycled and without understanding the exact mechanism I’m pretty sure we are very very tight.   

we have to go to the pl to get the ok to make signings… I just think there is a definite agreement in place for dom. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah the Digne money more or less got recycled and without understanding the exact mechanism I’m pretty sure we are very very tight.   

we have to go to the pl to get the ok to make signings… I just think there is a definite agreement in place for dom. 

Is your understanding that we can’t use any money from sales until we have offset a percentage of our debt to please those monitoring FFP rules. 

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Is your understanding that we can’t use any money from sales until we have offset a percentage of our debt to please those monitoring FFP rules. 

Yeah, I think we need to involve the prem far more than I would like. 

hence the 1.5m spend or whatever it was in the summer.  

the board want absolutely running out the club. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

In other words, pure speculation - and/or wishing for.

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

In other words, pure speculation - and/or wishing for.

Have you not read my previous posts? I have been told by a couple of people who seem to always get their info spot on that he’s gone.

I think there is an agreement in place because of us being micromanaged with our transfers.  what do you want me to say “I know for definite he’s going because of ffp?”.   

On 11/04/2022 at 09:19, Shukes said:

My irritation mate is that I commented on certain moments I saw. You’ve then extended on that and are now coming back at me as I’m still talking about my original point.

And yes it is a “clever” thing to do. You’ve played at a decent level Haf, you know this is coached from bottom level to top. 
Can’t win the ball? Still jump. Not close enough to challenge? Still jump!

I get your upset with him, I want him to succeed, but even I’m starting to worry. And if I’m honest, if he left…. It wouldn’t be the end of the world for me. I commented that he had a bad game, and is off it. But I still back him as I feel he is working and trying. And I will give him credit when due, like setting up a chance for Richie on Saturday, or winning headers against arguably one of the best defensive headers of the ball in the premier league. Which before anyone says he didn’t…. I have BT coverage proving he did haha.

Haf, you’ve gone off him for your own reasons. I still back him for my own reasons. So I’m going to back off and say your reasons are fine.

Actually, the coaching is slightly more sophisticated. You are right that the coaching is to 'jump' even (particularly) if you can't get the ball but 'jump' fractionally early is the key.  This disrupts the timing of the opposition.

5 minutes ago, johnh said:

Actually, the coaching is slightly more sophisticated. You are right that the coaching is to 'jump' even (particularly) if you can't get the ball but 'jump' fractionally early is the key.  This disrupts the timing of the opposition.

yep and not like 2 seconds early. Baz on Toffeetv was specifically talking about this last night, it didnt make sense how early he was jumping.

11 hours ago, johnh said:

Exactly mate. Glad someone knows something about football. You should give Haf some tips 😉

17 hours ago, Shukes said:

Exactly mate. Glad someone knows something about football. You should give Haf some tips 😉

Did you miss the word ‘fractionally’ shukes?  Both myself and John are talking from the same page…. I think you need to understand the margins fella! 
fractionally means you are on the way up when you opponent is about to leave the floor, not on the way down as they are starting to jump. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Did you miss the word ‘fractionally’ shukes?  Both myself and John are talking from the same page…. I think you need to understand the margins fella! 
fractionally means you are on the way up when you opponent is about to leave the floor, not on the way down as they are starting to jump. 

You know he’s trying to wind you up right? He even put a wink on the end of his post. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Richarlison looked far better on the left of a front three, as soon as he moved centrally he disappeared. So this is  shame for that reason alone.

I agree Richy cannot play the target man, he just doesn’t win enough aerial challenges, might be time to give Rondon another chance, it remains painful that we dont have another other proven option.

1 hour ago, RPG said:

We could keep Richarlison on the left (where I agree he performs better) but that would probably mean Rondon in the middle.

I’ve no problem with giving Rondon ago but would prefer to see him introduced after around 60 minutes, but if needs must then good luck to him just hope his stamina levels are up to starting. 

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Unlikely, but he's had fifteen appearances; Tosun similarly probably most from the bench.

I think he had about 6 starts and and 7 as sub in the league, and Tosun had 24 starts and 26 as sub in the league, both shit to be fair.