IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Gutted about this. Big fan of the lad and what he can offer.

I know the articles just now talk about physiological issues, could be right. But I think it's more pyschological.

Dyche and Co need to find way without him as he isn't going to get up to playing much. But then he always has a threat in him...aka Crystal Palace.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Can't see regular 90 minutes though.

Unfortunately not. But fingers crossed 🤞 he seems to be our only real chance of getting some regular goals, as no one else seems capable of stepping up to the mark. And then Moshiri and his merry men (and woman) can sell him in the summer and go out and buy another couple of Maupay's. The cycle will never change with this owner and board. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Back training with the team today.

Be interesting to know what his challenges have been. If it’s mental it’s none of our business but I’m assuming his body has been completely out of kilter and has been analysed to the nth degree. 

it would be huge for us if he is able to come in and play in the way that he was as a target man, battling the centre halves, winning headers, holding up the ball, pressing etc. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

If he could get fit and play in the way Dyche wants he could be so good for us, it’s like how we play is built perfectly for him at his best. I really hope he can make it back. 

Me too, the crosses from Mcneil and the corner routines would definitely be to his liking.  I think Garner delivers a nice ball too. 

8 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Dyche and co won't rush him back in, we can be sure of that.

And so they shouldn’t no good has come of it in the past and won’t in the future. I believe Dyche and DCL have already had the conversation with DCL saying his problems are being made worse by coming back to early when not quite 100%. 

This will be massive for us in the run in. If he comes back in and stays fit, it will be talismanic. 
The last five matches I have been watching thinking Dom would have loved that cross.

McNeil loves to fire in a cross. Garners free kick the other night was begging for a forward to be on the pitch. Even Iwobi’s crosses to know one was a space where a CF should have been. It’s like we’re playing as of Dom is there….. just need to slot him in now.

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

And so they shouldn’t no good has come of it in the past and won’t in the future. I believe Dyche and DCL have already had the conversation with DCL saying his problems are being made worse by coming back to early when not quite 100%. 

You've changed your tune. A couple of weeks ago you were saying you thought they would rush him back and play him as soon as, even though Dyche had already said he'd be doing the opposite to that and was already displaying that :lol:.

40 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Get him back for the majority of our remaining games and we comfortably stay up. There's not a doubt in my mind about that.

Dyche definitely has the right approach with his return.

Agreed.  We badly missed him today, Leicester have had Harvey Barnes injured and Maddison deactivate his twitter account after getting stick.  Their fans are totally despondent.

if we can beat Fulham and get a result at Leicester with teams beating forest as they should then I’m extremely confident. 

45 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Agreed.  We badly missed him today, Leicester have had Harvey Barnes injured and Maddison deactivate his twitter account after getting stick.  Their fans are totally despondent.

if we can beat Fulham and get a result at Leicester with teams beating forest as they should then I’m extremely confident. 

Fulham have looked rather inept in the 2 games since Mitro's suspension, so I'd say we actually have a chance

9 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Fulham have looked rather inept in the 2 games since Mitro's suspension, so I'd say we actually have a chance

Fulham haven’t won a point in their last 5 games their problems go further back than the last 2 games without Mitrovic. They are in free fall and hopefully we keep the momentum going for them. 

On 09/04/2023 at 15:15, Palfy said:

Fulham haven’t won a point in their last 5 games their problems go further back than the last 2 games without Mitrovic. They are in free fall and hopefully we keep the momentum going for them. 

Makes me more nervous to be honest, if there’s ever a team that needs a win or a striker looking for a landmark goal/break goal drought we seem to always oblige…