IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Looks like we could get gyokeres now. Coventry lost. 

Just arrived home after a 900-mile drive and read your message that Coventry lost. That meant Lutron won, so I rushed to read the news about it - only to read my distant cousin collapsed on the field after eight minutes. Thank goodness he was well enough in a hospital bed to celebrate their win. 

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Just arrived home after a 900-mile drive and read your message that Coventry lost. That meant Lutron won, so I rushed to read the news about it - only to read my distant cousin collapsed on the field after eight minutes. Thank goodness he was well enough in a hospital bed to celebrate their win. 

Lockyer obviously- he’s been brilliant for them this season. Pretty sure he made Championship team of the season too.

Fingers crossed on a healthy recovery - the videos of him after the game in hospital with his family looked encouraging.

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t help feeling he’s entering last chance saloon with his hammies, if he has another season with injuries like he has the last 2 then I really fear for his future. Let’s hope this Munich clinic can put him back together properly this time, Christ knows we need him to be able to play 30 plus games next season. 

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I can’t help feeling he’s entering last chance saloon with his hammies, if he has another season with injuries like he has the last 2 then I really fear for his future. Let’s hope this Munich clinic can put him back together properly this time, Christ knows we need him to be able to play 30 plus games next season. 

I'm already fearing for it. I have little to no faith he won't be plagued by injuries for the rest of his career. I pray that isn't the case, but his history isn't very kind. 

15 hours ago, Palfy said:

It wasn't his hamstring that was the original injury.

21 hours ago, Palfy said:

I get what you’re saying……..

But Iwobi is shit.

• 2 weeks later...

22/23. 17 appearances. 598 minutes. 2 goals. Equates to £8,695.00 a minute, 21/22 very similar good money if you can get it. The problem is he’s still our best striker but another season like the last 2 and he stands a real chance of going the same way as Mina who was arguably our best CD. Next season is definitely make or break for him a huge season for himself and the club, and if he bombs are we financial going to be in a position to replace him. Everything crossed that this is the season he finally gets his body and mind back together. 

26 minutes ago, RPG said:

I hope you are right but I am not at all confident.

To be honest neither am I, some physios will look for ways of trying to protect a persistent injury, by making changes to a player’s game, if you tried to change how DCL played his game then he possibly wouldn’t have a game worth having. 

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

To be honest neither am I, some physios will look for ways of trying to protect a persistent injury, by making changes to a player’s game, if you tried to change how DCL played his game then he possibly wouldn’t have a game worth having. 

He seems to be over the persistent injury that was his thigh and kept him out for the months long absence. Since he returned he's had groin and hamstring injuries, and you'd expect him to pick up niggles like that after such a long lay-off.

He's been doing work over in Germany since the end of the season in order to sort those niggles out, so hopefully come pre-season he's strong and ready to go.

4 hours ago, StevO said:

What’s the £8,695 per minute Palfy? 

£5,200,000 a year in wages divided by 598 minutes played in PL I hope gives a cost of £8,695 a minute. I know he would have contributed a few more minutes in cup games and and also done a fair bit of training, but for PL contribution that’s not a lot of minutes but a huge amount of money. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

£5,200,000 a year in wages divided by 598 minutes played in PL I hope gives a cost of £8,695 a minute. I know he would have contributed a few more minutes in cup games and and also done a fair bit of training, but for PL contribution that’s not a lot of minutes but a huge amount of money. 

Oh ok, I wondered what you were on about then. 
Could add that same calculation to half of the squad, it wouldn’t make pretty reading. 

Just now, StevO said:

Oh ok, I wondered what you were on about then. 
Could add that same calculation to half of the squad, it wouldn’t make pretty reading. 

I know mate it wouldn’t, he’s our best striker by a mile we need him to get fit and stay fit or he just becomes an expense that offers no return. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, that's fucking great news! It's just what we need: Our only striker turning up on a Saturday afternoon, all blurry-eyed, barely able to keep them open, mechanically trudging onto the pitch like some kind of footballing automaton, staring blankly into the mass of faces in the Gwladys Street end as he wonders whether he really exists anymore; the the line between dream and reality dissolving to a hallucinatory haze because he hasn't slept in like 17 days. FFS!

And yet, something tells me he'd still be a better option than Maupay. 🤔

🤣

In all seriousness, congratulations and good luck to the lad.