IGNORED

Ashley Williams

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Then does that mean we need to change the way we vote for MotM, because when I vote for a player I'm not thinking the rest were poor but you can only pick one, can we have an Olympic style vote were we pick Bronze, Silver, Gold and for good measure you can if you wish name the player you were most disappointed with, that way we may get a fairer reflection of more of the players over the whole season, what do people think.

We used to do something similar. It was decided it'd be better to keep it simple instead.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Then does that mean we need to change the way we vote for MotM, because when I vote for a player I'm not thinking the rest were poor but you can only pick one, can we have an Olympic style vote were we pick Bronze, Silver, Gold and for good measure you can if you wish name the player you were most disappointed with, that way we may get a fairer reflection of more of the players over the whole season, what do people think.

Think that would be a fairer way so that several who did play well get voted for, having said that I'm not sure if it would make it more difficult for Mike, it's already a fair bit of work for Mike as it is.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Think that would be a fairer way so that several who did play well get voted for, having said that I'm not sure if it would make it more difficult for Mike, it's already a fair bit of work for Mike as it is.

Your probably right Bill Mike's not commented so he must be thinking sod that I'm not getting involved with that amount of work, and to be fair he wouldn't have time he's always on holiday;):D

Out of the ten outfield players against Swansea eight of them received votes, the only two who didn't was Schneiderlin and Williams. I'm sure I seen somebody say he was back to his best. ;)

Sooner we buy a centre back in January the better we will be, also need a LB and a top striker.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Out of the ten outfield players against Swansea eight of them received votes, the only two who didn't was Schneiderlin and Williams. I'm sure I seen somebody say he was back to his best. ;)

Sooner we buy a centre back in January the better we will be, also need a LB and a top striker.

That's because his mistake for their goal was something you expect to see in the U11s, not from an international CB. I'd love to know how many goals conceded he has played a direct hand in this season. I'd guess it's pretty worrying. 

I'd also be equally interested to know how many minutes we've been in front with Schneiderlin on the pitch this season. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

That's because his mistake for their goal was something you expect to see in the U11s, not from an international CB. I'd love to know how many goals conceded he has played a direct hand in this season. I'd guess it's pretty worrying. 

I'd also be equally interested to know how many minutes we've been in front with Schneiderlin on the pitch this season. 

As bad as that goal was he was largely faultless for the other 89 mins. The thing I like most about him and Holgate is that they are aggressive. They want to be physical, get in front of the attacker and affect the game. 

Both Jags and Keane have been too passive. Instead of getting a toe in they have let the attacker turn or take a decent touch and you just can't do that. 

26 minutes ago, Bailey said:

As bad as that goal was he was largely faultless for the other 89 mins. The thing I like most about him and Holgate is that they are aggressive. They want to be physical, get in front of the attacker and affect the game. 

Both Jags and Keane have been too passive. Instead of getting a toe in they have let the attacker turn or take a decent touch and you just can't do that. 

Holgate and Williams make a good partnership, I have said before that Williams has said he has taken Holgate under his wing and really wants him to succeed. While they are working well together and Holgate is improving, why change it?

I would like to see Keane come in for Williams at some point this season at I think that partnership is the future.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Sadly at CB you can play fantastic for 90 minutes and undo it all with one howler that let's in a goal. Same for a keeper. And it's not an isolated incident either, he has done it all season. 

I'm half Welsh and I loved Williams the way he played going into Euro 2016 and at it. He played like a real leader. He's a mistake waiting to happen now. 

21 hours ago, nogs said:

Sadly at CB you can play fantastic for 90 minutes and undo it all with one howler that let's in a goal. Same for a keeper. And it's not an isolated incident either, he has done it all season. 

I'm half Welsh and I loved Williams the way he played going into Euro 2016 and at it. He played like a real leader. He's a mistake waiting to happen now. 

I agree with the first bit but no so much with the 2nd. Unfortunately mistakes happen, some lead to goals, some don't. Williams ballsed up once or twice in 4 or 5 games and we conceded yet Martina has messed up about 20 times and we have only conceded 1 because of it. 

Based on what I have seen in the last 10 games, Jags and Keane are more of a mistake waiting to happen than Williams and not only that, they are more passive. I said it before the West Ham game but him, Holgate and Kenny are 3 of our best back 4 and I think that has proven te be the case.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I agree with the first bit but no so much with the 2nd. Unfortunately mistakes happen, some lead to goals, some don't. Williams ballsed up once or twice in 4 or 5 games and we conceded yet Martina has messed up about 20 times and we have only conceded 1 because of it. 

Williams has made a lot more than one or two bad errors this season. 

• 2 months later...