IGNORED

Ashley Williams

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Nah, democracy in action there; five people and a simple majority wins, normally me, Mark & Matt agree quick time and the lesser seen StevO and our esteemed invisible leader are outvoted before they notice the discussion;).

Got my vote in before the more regulars. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Cruising the Med in September.... 14 nights. 🚢

Personally I can't think of more of a nightmare of a holiday than a cruise. I like to get out and explore where I am; on a cruise you've got nowhere to go except when you get landed at a port and queue to have a few hours walking in a group following a bronzed guide holding a stick with your prisoner guest number stuck to you like a kid on his first day at pre-school. Wife and I were sat in a beautiful church last year all quiet and contemplative when a group of cruisers and their guide (there was a ship in port) came and stood right in front of us, several trod on our feet and offered no apology. I wouldn't take one if offered it for free:shakingfist:.

That said hope you all have a nice time guys:P.

I had a great cruise in the Caribbean about six years ago. 

When we got off the boat we just went and did our own thing, as long as we were back before the boat left all was fine. 

Apart from trying to get Mrs Stevo on the boat and she suddenly had a fear of the sea, she was a nightmare. 

18 hours ago, StevO said:

I had a great cruise in the Caribbean about six years ago. 

When we got off the boat we just went and did our own thing, as long as we were back before the boat left all was fine. 

Apart from trying to get Mrs Stevo on the boat and she suddenly had a fear of the sea, she was a nightmare. 

why do they do that?

2 hours ago, rubecula said:

women suddenly develop irrational fears

Her indoors won't go on a plane, never been on one.   We went across the channel on a ferry in a gale, she won't go on a ship now.  We had a crash on the M1 once and now she won't go on long journeys in the car.  For years, when we went on holiday in the UK, I used to take the kids and luggage in the car, she went on the train!  She would always take one of the kids for company though.

11 hours ago, London Blue said:

Countries with more temperate climates are available. Iceland is amazing for a short break.

you know this, I know this, but you try telling her,  if you find a place she mentions midges  AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGH!

She wont go on a boating holiday in case I drive the boat into something (I gave up some time ago you realise, but this year I found a holiday she would like, so for this year for her birthday we will go to the exotic climes of the  Isle of Man)

edit  we are going by flying though, so if she likes it we may get to go further next year,  maybe even  Scotland:doh:

4 minutes ago, rubecula said:

you know this, I know this, but you try telling her,  if you find a place she mentions midges  AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGH!

She wont go on a boating holiday in case I drive the boat into something (I gave up some time ago you realise, but this year I found a holiday she would like, so for this year for her birthday we will go to the exotic climes of the  Isle of Man)

Small steps, this year the Isle of Man, next year the world!!

Seriously I would recommend Iceland, great people, great scenery, Northern Lights and some amazing food and drink - bloody expensive tho.

Just now, London Blue said:

Small steps, this year the Isle of Man, next year the world!!

Seriously I would recommend Iceland, great people, great scenery, Northern Lights and some amazing food and drink - bloody expensive tho.

let us see what she thinks of the IoM first  ;)