IGNORED

Ashley Williams

As a Welsh man I have to say Williams has been one of our most disappointing signings ever. Was a hero in Wales' run to the Euro semis, a fucking liability for us. Glad he's gone, but we really need a couple of CBs in now, I will cringe every time I see Keane's name on our team sheet because quite frankly he's worse than Williams. 

His legs had gone the season we bought him unfortunately. On paper he was what we needed but didn't live up to expectations. He hasn't been as bad as people made out though and did add some much needed bite. People have short memories he was probs out best defender in his first season (albeit in a defense that could hardly keep a clean sheet) and he's mentored Holgate well. That said he won't be missed and I'd happily see Jags and Keane follow him through the door. 

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

He’s out of contract as well after this season ( I think) so he’ll never wear the shirt again thank fuck.

Great news!

In that case it would be nice to break convention and move him into the general football and sport discussion now rather than wait a year. A forum exception for someone who has been an ‘exceptional’ player for us, in some unfortunate aspects.

Even if we don’t replace him, we’re stronger for him having gone.

6 hours ago, Baba said:

Great news!

In that case it would be nice to break convention and move him into the general football and sport discussion now rather than wait a year. A forum exception for someone who has been an ‘exceptional’ player for us, in some unfortunate aspects.

Even if we don’t replace him, we’re stronger for him having gone.

4 hours ago, Paddock said:

Can this not be lobbed out the Everton section now. His contract is defo up after this season so he’s as good as gone.

can it? Please????

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed get rid

We'll need to discuss in TT towers.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Oh fookin hell....this will take longer than Brexit.

Nah, democracy in action there; five people and a simple majority wins, normally me, Mark & Matt agree quick time and the lesser seen StevO and our esteemed invisible leader are outvoted before they notice the discussion;).

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Such a disappointment. His early career he looked so good, such a complete collapse and I assume all down to not being able to deal with a greater challenge.  

I think he may've physically gone a bit. See how out of shape he looked when he came for preseason last summer.