IGNORED

Ashley Williams

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

He has dropped off a cliff this year. Maybe something to do with coming back from the summer looking like a hippo? Heads not in the game anymore.

This for me. Looks like his legs have gone. 

Last season he wasn't as great as I hoped but he was solid. Signs were there that his legs were going (couldn't jump, cutting the lane of the runner when a younger defender would have easily got to the ball first) and he should have been replaced over the summer. 

I'm arsed about how shit he is but I'm more arsed about his head down stomping about like Eminem listening to lyrics with headphones on.

He needs to get out that team and fast cause he's making mori look like a master class.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you have taken any notice of my previous posts on Mr Williams, I consistently said I didn't want him from the start.

A_ because he was over 30 when we bought him and B_ because I didn't think much of him before and have always called him Mr Average.

So to answer your question Blue I would probably give him a  5/10 mark.

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think you have taken any notice of my previous posts on Mr Williams, I consistently said I didn't want him from the start.

A_ because he was over 30 when we bought him and B_ because I didn't think much of him before and have always called him Mr Average.

So to answer your question Blue I would probably give him a  5/10 mark.

I have read your posts and taken notice of them I just disagree with them.

I think it odd to mark a player down just because you did not want them to join our club, or because he is over 30. If the saying "if you are good enough you are old enough" holds true then surely if your "good enough you're young enough" is also true.

Our defense shipped less goals last season Williams joined and he played the most games of any center back. He is strong, reads the game well and is a good header and tackler of the ball. He is not lightning quick and his passing is average, he has the occasional brain fart, but not too often. He is good a blocking and intercepting.

In my opinion he is a good player a 7/10 player and I have given my reasons why.

I just wanted to know yours.

59 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I think it odd to mark a player down just because you did not want them to join our club, or because he is over 30. If the saying "if you are good enough you are old enough" holds true then surely if your "good enough you're young enough" is also true.

Our defense shipped less goals last season Williams joined and he played the most games of any center back. He is strong, reads the game well and is a good header and tackler of the ball. He is not lightning quick and his passing is average, he has the occasional brain fart, but not too often. He is good a blocking and intercepting.

In my opinion he is a good player a 7/10 player and I have given my reasons why.

That's because Koeman came here and played four midfielders protecting the back four.

one of the reasons he fell out with Barkley was because he couldn't tackle to save his life so he was no protection at all and that wasn't good for Koeman.

I appreciate you have your opinion Blue, it's just not the same as mine.

No problem.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

That's because Koeman came here and played four midfielders protecting the back four.

one of the reasons he fell out with Barkley was because he couldn't tackle to save his life so he was no protection at all and that wasn't good for Koeman.

I appreciate you have your opinion Blue, it's just not the same as mine.

No problem.

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

He certainly hasn't been a 7/10 player this season. What you've got to remember is young players tend to improve older players go down hill. 

27 minutes ago, MC11 said:

He certainly hasn't been a 7/10 player this season. What you've got to remember is young players tend to improve older players go down hill. 

Yep I agree he along with the rest of the defense have been slow to start the season, I thought he played well the last couple of games tho.

He is 33 not 53, he is probably in his last season with us but his fundamentals are ok. 

On 9/24/2017 at 18:16, MC11 said:

1 year older.  Looks to have gained weight and lost fitness over the summer.  For someone who is paid to be in shape, he is not doing himself any favors.