IGNORED

Ashley Williams

I suspect Koeman has been trying to test Mori to see whether he is up to the job, especially as Jags wasn't doing great and isn't going to get any better.

Mori is decent but he has had a run in the team and he hasn't done enough. He has 1 really good game and then has a terrible game. He just isn't consistent enough for a club challenging the top 4.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised we've heard nothing about his little incident in the derby. I thought he'd be in line for a definite retrospective ban.

Maybe they won't be dealing with incidents from those games until the mid-week fixtures have been played?

Maybe they gave us a pass since it was the derby? Yeah you're explanation is more likely

I'm surprised we've heard nothing about his little incident in the derby. I thought he'd be in line for a definite retrospective ban.

Maybe they won't be dealing with incidents from those games until the mid-week fixtures have been played?

I genuinely don't think he meant to tread on him. Certainly wasn't a stamp! He was off the floor and was planting his foot (not looking at the player). I didn't see much in this one.

Barkley on the other hand, should have been carded and retrospective could be an option.

I genuinely don't think he meant to tread on him. Certainly wasn't a stamp! He was off the floor and was planting his foot (not looking at the player). I didn't see much in this one.

Barkley on the other hand, should have been carded and retrospective could be an option.

But as the ref saw it and gave him a yellow I don't think further action can be taken can it? Agree with your Williams opinion.

Have to agree to disagree on that one. I think it was done on purpose.

But as the ref saw it and gave him a yellow I don't think further action can be taken can it? Agree with your Williams opinion.

They changed the system so that even if the ref sees incidents and deals with them the FA can still step in and impose a punishment.

Two thumbs up.

Can goes down from the slightest foul, like most of that lot. He'd have done more roles than Mane if Williams had stamped on him.

• 1 month later...

Pair him with a younger quicker upcoming CB. Keane, Mcquire, Gibson.

He's a quality player. Just wasn't at the races today and needs someone quick covering him.

I've spent most of the season just thinking he's a donkey. His good performances have been few and far between. I'd have Jags playing before him and he needs replacing too.

Our defence has improved on the past 2 seasons. Koeman's been a factor, Gueye's been a factor, Williams has been a factor. We need strengthening in defence but Williams still has a very important role to play (not only on the pitch) if we want to continue to improve.

I've spent most of the season just thinking he's a donkey. His good performances have been few and far between. I'd have Jags playing before him and he needs replacing too.

Statistically one of the best centre half's this season in the premier league.

He has his off days but so does everyone.

He works hard and reads the game well.

He's not flashy, so people underestimate him.

I've said it before but we need to sign four new defenders imo, one for each position.

Ye right! Sad to say it but Baines an Jags are finished! And as for williams he's done a job but any premier league defender can do the same job. Maybe because he hasn't been captain he hasn't really had the fire what you normally see from him when he played for Swansea an Wales. Seen no real commanding from him since he's been here. But to be fair to him he's had jag's as captain who's a fuckin pussy cat compared to him when it comes down to being a captain! I think he needs to be in control to see the best out of him. Its like he's lost his stripes an been demoted to privet from major. He's prob looking at Jag's team talks an thinking what the fook!

An on to Coleman because your saying four. Id say he's still one of or not the best right back in the league. We have missed him big time!

And mori well great leap like a mad salmon out of water! but his defending is scary

• 1 month later...

So what? As long as he's fit by the first game, I couldn't care how "big" he is at this moment in time.

Like boxers, they train (pre-season) for the start of the fight (league season). As long as he's fit and ready by then, I couldn't care. They're allowed holidays too you know.

So what? As long as he's fit by the first game, I couldn't care how "big" he is at this moment in time.

Like boxers, they train (pre-season) for the start of the fight (league season). As long as he's fit and ready by then, I couldn't care. They're allowed holidays too you know.

Our season starts in just over 2 weeks time and he doesn't exactly look as though he is going to be ready for it. Yes they are entitled to their holidays but they are paid enough money to sacrifice the odd kebab and have a duty to the club and themselves to keep fit over the summer

Our season starts in just over 2 weeks time and he doesn't exactly look as though he is going to be ready for it. Yes they are entitled to their holidays but they are paid enough money to sacrifice the odd kebab and have a duty to the club and themselves to keep fit over the summer

I'm sure he's still physically fit, it could just be an unfortunately timed photo? In 2 weeks, if he isn't as fit as you'd like, you should probably say something (to him) but until then, that's what pre-season is for.

And don't be fooled by physique, Deulofeu couldn't run for more than 20 minutes at a time.