IGNORED

Haf's Humble Pie

Cornish Steve

I'd be happy for the admins to delete it if they believe it's appropriate to do so. In the game thread, it was suggested that a consistent run of form from Lukaku was justify a thread with this title: I'm working on the theory that the reverse is true: If we create this thread, then Lukaku will produce a consistent run of form. Plus, Haf is a good sport - as already indicated by his messages in this thread.

I'm good with it... it's not like I haven't put myself out there with my strong opinions of him.

More than anything I was happy with Koeman's response..... basically he didn't have to work for the goals, which is fine because they were finished expertly but he's more or less saying that he has his eyes on him

I'm good with it... it's not like I haven't put myself out there with my strong opinions of him.

More than anything I was happy with Koeman's response..... basically he didn't have to work for the goals, which is fine because they were finished expertly but he's more or less saying that he has his eyes on him

Haf I enjoy your contributions and credit for sticking to your guns and accepting the banter (most times ?) when it comes your way.

On Rom he had a great second half and it shows if you get the ball into him in the right areas he will score.

Haf I enjoy your contributions and credit for sticking to your guns and accepting the banter (most times ) when it comes your way.

On Rom he had a great second half and it shows if you get the ball into him in the right areas he will score.

I read his body language well - you can actually tell when he's interested. There is a purpose in what he does.

Carragher had it right, there is no reason he should be a 1 or 2 out of 10 player...... yes he isn't going to score hat tricks every week but the levels he was offering was unacceptable. He should be 7/10 player minimum - the game is focused around him and he should be using his considerable size and athleticism so much better. There is no way he should get bullied.

Last night he had it on a plate - and he did well. Other weeks the goals will not be so easy to come by and Koeman alluded to that in his post match interview.

I am very very interested to see how Koeman manages him.... he has broken the seal, no going back now. Romelu needs to look at how swiftly Barkley was taken off, it could have been him. Koeman isn't suffering fools and I don't know if anyone else agrees but Arouna Kone looks rejuvenated..... there is a clear improvement in his mobility and balance. We need him to be in a place where he can replace Rom to keep him on his game.

Let's enjoy him this year.

Strange body language in his hat trick.

Made a heart to the camera and retracted it as fast as possible and looked down.

I think the young lad has been hurt by all the criticism.

He has had a big dose of reality this summer. Everything that he and his brigade said from March onwards was derailing - it created an attention on him that needed him to put in some big performances in the fa cup semi and the euros and he fluffed his lines.

To an extent he has had to return with his tail between his legs - none of the romelu chants that greeted him previously... he's had a new manager that seems very reluctant to suffer fools - who seems to want things from his striker that I like to see.

Its up to him now... do the talking on the pitch, earn the move that he wants.... not talk about it to the press