IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Which still doesn't justify Donnarumma winning it by any rationale I can think of, not saying Jordan should have, just that Donnarumma shouldn't.

Yup it's not a real thing....but if it was Jordan would have it.

Pickford was brilliant (Donnarumma too), but if there had been a golden gloves it should have gone to Sommer the Swiss keeper.

• 3 months later...

BBC article.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59295087

What are Southgate's key dilemmas?

"Jordan Pickford's place as England number one is, as usual, a source of debate, particularly given Aaron Ramsdale's outstanding form since his move to Arsenal.

One place where this is not a pressing matter for discussion is inside the England camp. Pickford had an outstanding Euros and is deservedly first-choice, as he has been for more than three years.

Southgate works on loyalty and the mantra that Pickford has never let him down. He has, in fact, done more than not let England down. He has kept 20 clean sheets in 43 appearances, has a 76.9% save ratio and - according to Opta stats - has yet to make an error leading to a goal in his England career."

So it's not actually one of his key dilemmas at all is it Mr McNumpty?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-pickford-pub-fight-police-26230637

needs to start picking his drinking venues a bit better..... a south tyneside pub in a minibus with his mates just after we played Newcastle.   

Its annoying that players cant enjoy a drink with friends but surely after the last time it happened he would be a bit wiser.

I do not like the attention he gets one bit. He shouldn't need to pick and choose where he goes but he seems to attract idiots.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-pickford-pub-fight-police-26230637

needs to start picking his drinking venues a bit better..... a south tyneside pub in a minibus with his mates just after we played Newcastle.   

Its annoying that players cant enjoy a drink with friends but surely after the last time it happened he would be a bit wiser.

I do not like the attention he gets one bit. He shouldn't need to pick and choose where he goes but he seems to attract idiots.

1) that's the Mirror quoting the s*n

2) the last altercation was a long time ago. 

3) players will always get grief. Says as much in that article, and it was his friends jumping in rather than him.

Can't see anything wrong with what he's done there at all. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Glad to see the quote say Jordan got out of there as soon as it kicked off. 

51 minutes ago, StevO said:

Glad to see the quote say Jordan got out of there as soon as it kicked off. 

yep -  there is no insinuation that he did anything wrong.  The fact is he attracts dickheads - an unfortunately he needs to pick his places to go better and maybe with a different crowd.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s crazy that anyone questions his number 1 status for England. 

For England he’s never been anything less than solid.   That was the frustration with a lot of our fans…. Gets involved in shit with opposition fans for us, although I think and hope that has dropped out of his game.

he is lucky that at times Southgate has ignored club form. 

Gets a lot of stick which has been deserved on occasions, but what I like about Jordan is that he’s identified the faults in his game - errors, concentration, letting fans get to him - and worked hard to cut them out.

Also, I love keepers where they have nothing to do for large parts of a game, but produce a breathtaking save from nowhere that makes you go ‘how did he do that’, and Jordan is one of those.

Of all the big value signings in the Moshiri era, he’s the only one that has justified his fee. Our league positions would be a lot worse without him.