IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

12 hours ago, Matt said:

For me personally, I don't understand national pride and never cared about England, Euros (1 exception when I met my wife) or WC really. Never have, never will.  

I’ve no sense of patriotism, but I was born here so if I’m going to support a national team it’s got to be England. I’d hate a World Cup to happen and not feel involved so I’d always be supporting England. If there are Everton players in the England team then even more so (whilst hoping they don’t get injured). 

18 hours ago, Matt said:

For me personally, I don't understand national pride and never cared about England, Euros (1 exception when I met my wife) or WC really. Never have, never will.  

Do you mean all things or just football when you say you don’t understand national pride? I personally do care about me country and I am proud to be English although I do confess the actions of some leaves a sour taste in my mouth at times, for me national pride isn’t measured by supporting a national sports team. Ukrainians for me epitomise what a sense of national pride means, to defend with your life freely your country when it would be easier to walk away shows what it means to love and be proud of your country, and for your actions to make it a better place. For me if your country offers you freedom and security and a sense of belonging and a place where your children have an opportunity to become what they want, and the opportunity to speak out and change injustices, and acknowledge it’s historical failings and try to improve by it’s mistakes, then I’m proud to be an individual of that country and rejoice in telling the world where I’m from. But like you’re self my sense of pride doesn’t manifest itself in a sports team it for me goes far deeper than that. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Do you mean all things or just football when you say you don’t understand national pride? I personally do care about me country and I am proud to be English although I do confess the actions of some leaves a sour taste in my mouth at times, for me national pride isn’t measured by supporting a national sports team. Ukrainians for me epitomise what a sense of national pride means, to defend with your life freely your country when it would be easier to walk away shows what it means to love and be proud of your country, and for your actions to make it a better place. For me if your country offers you freedom and security and a sense of belonging and a place where your children have an opportunity to become what they want, and the opportunity to speak out and change injustices, and acknowledge it’s historical failings and try to improve by it’s mistakes, then I’m proud to be an individual of that country and rejoice in telling the world where I’m from. But like you’re self my sense of pride doesn’t manifest itself in a sports team it for me goes far deeper than that. 

Don't particularly feel anything for the country in general. Didn't in Switzerland either really, even if I love it there. I don't get the idea of pride of a flag, team, monarch etc. Just doesn't click for me.

8 hours ago, StevO said:

I’ve no sense of patriotism, but I was born here so if I’m going to support a national team it’s got to be England. I’d hate a World Cup to happen and not feel involved so I’d always be supporting England. If there are Everton players in the England team then even more so (whilst hoping they don’t get injured). 

I'll be boycotting this one like I did with the Russian one so no one for me to support anyway :lol:

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Don't particularly feel anything for the country in general. Didn't in Switzerland either really, even if I love it there. I don't get the idea of pride of a flag, team, monarch etc. Just doesn't click for me.

If you don’t get that emotional connection it’s understandable you wouldn’t get that feeling. At least you’re saving yourself from constantly being disappointed 😄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Garth Crooks put him in his team of the week (how could he not?) but still has a dig, grade A dick.

Pickford looks in good form at the moment and he was outstanding against Liverpool but that's when I start to get very nervous about his performances. If he can retain this level of consistency then Everton and England will benefit enormously. Sadly, however, I can't help feeling there's always a mistake in Pickford especially when he's been playing well.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Garth Crooks put him in his team of the week (how could he not?) but still has a dig, grade A dick.

Pickford looks in good form at the moment and he was outstanding against Liverpool but that's when I start to get very nervous about his performances. If he can retain this level of consistency then Everton and England will benefit enormously. Sadly, however, I can't help feeling there's always a mistake in Pickford especially when he's been playing well.

The stoned koala strikes again.