IGNORED

Watford (Away) Saturday December 10

markjazzbassist

Last 10 minutes just prove the players have got it in them - it is attitude and application we lack, and that comes from the manager. For 80 minutes we played like a team utterly without spirit, who didn't want to play for each other, the shirt or the manager. He can fuck off with his Champions League medals and big I am past, he's an average manager and I am seeing nothing to suggest he can turn this round. This is the worst I've seen Everton play since the Smith days.

Gutted don't know what to say, bar what I've been saying for weeks, the shit sisters have to go sorry for repeating myself feel totally destroyed.

Did anyone else notice at the end when he shook hands, he caught the camera on him and had the look of a beaten man who was caught in the headlights and hasn't got a clue what to do.

Absolute shite for 70 minutes again and then we make subs and things pick up.

People can go on about Koeman not having his players etc but there is no excuse for the side he picked today considering how he clearly expected them to play. McCarthy lost as an advanced midfielder (superb when dropped back), Lukaku, Gerry and Mirallas all feeding off aerial, directionless scraps when they want ball to feet, Barry expected to cover the massive gap between attack and defence alongside Gana and the back dropping deeper and deeper as they are constantly under the kosh as we cant keep the ball.

Koeman was scathing of Martinez and his set piece record and whilst its true that we haven't conceded as many, we are still giving away far too many chances and today we were as bad as we ever have been from them.

Looking back at the goals, Williams was terrible for that first goal. Didnt challenge Deeney in the air, and then didnt have a clue where Okaka was when the ball came in. Gueye could have helped but Williams could have snuffed that out twice.

Second goal, Coleman just doesnt do enough.

Third goal is a but more difficult, Barry lets Okaka get the run on him but as I look at it again, the shot is only just right of centre and Stek should make that save. It wasnt a bullet header, it was quick, but he is a PL keeper and he should be reacting to stop that in my opinion.

As I mentioned earlier, we looked a lot better when Ross, Valencia and finally Lennon came on. Gerry started getting some quality balls into the box, we had more players getting forward and then deeper we had McCarthy haring round retrieving the ball and starting another attack. We need to do that from the first minute. I wouldn't do it against Arsenal or Liverpool but I would go with Ross in centre mid and Gerry off Lukaku with Valencia and Mirallas as wingers because we looked a lot sharper, we found space and despite playing against a packed defence there were times when it looked as though we were counter attacking because we were getting them out of position.

Koeman really has to pull his finger out as this is not good enough at all. Koeman has a good record against Arsenal and Liverpool so I am holding onto that but fuck me, if we play the first 60 minutes like we have done in the last 2 games then we are going to get battered.

Koeman is still blaming the players in post match interview. Players are too passive, too reactive, not taking charge of games...

Well, Ronald... who the fricking fuck is training these players? Who is coaching them to be more proactive, aggressive, mentally strong, whatever the fuck you want to call it? What the hell are you being paid millions of pounds for??

Koeman is still blaming the players in post match interview. Players are too passive, too reactive, not taking charge of games...

Well, Ronald... who the fricking fuck is training these players? Who is coaching them to be more proactive, aggressive, mentally strong, whatever the fuck you want to call it? What the hell are you being paid millions of pounds for??

He also said that we were dominating the game when we scored.

We scored against the run of play and their goal was coming after the first 10 minutes.

Simple really, next time you buy a match ticket......just pay for the last ten minutes of the game.It seems like a fair arrangement.

Your only probably going to see 10 minutes of effort.

Maybe pay the players and manager for effort put in, that should see a few of them catching the bus to Goodison.

Boils down to the man in charge.

Watford out fort us out played us, except for short periods of the game.

Of course the players play a part. They didn't implement his SHITTY FUCKING PLAN well enough, I guess. You can't leave gaps like that between defense and attack, leave your wingers out wide, and expect aimless balls up to a striker to be picked up by a goddamn defensive midfield player. Shocking tactics.

Our full-backs look like shite warmed up defensively. Williams once again failing to impress. Mirallas and Deulofeu working hard but but that's about it. Barry played a beautiful ball for our goal but is being over ran at times. McCarthy has run a lot. Gana has worked hard, nothing new there! Rom has won a fair few flick-ons to no avail, finished his goal well in his right foot and has been alright, nothing more, nothing less.

It's all so meh.

Let me restate what you just wrote: Players were demonstrating their strengths but were being asked to play in a way that minimizes those strengths. That's the main lesson for me today: the importance of coming up with a strategy that makes the most of the talent available. Right now, we're doing the opposite: forcing players into roles where others would be better. No wonder we're concluding that we need wholesale changes. But that's wrong! We have talent; we're simply choosing not to recognize it and maximize it. That comes down to the manager.

The abysmal passing is very disappointing. Our pass completion rate in recent years has been excellent - indeed, among the best in the league. What happened?

Absolute shite for 70 minutes again and then we make subs and things pick up.

People can go on about Koeman not having his players etc but there is no excuse for the side he picked today considering how he clearly expected them to play. McCarthy lost as an advanced midfielder (superb when dropped back), Lukaku, Gerry and Mirallas all feeding off aerial, directionless scraps when they want ball to feet, Barry expected to cover the massive gap between attack and defence alongside Gana and the back dropping deeper and deeper as they are constantly under the kosh as we cant keep the ball.

Koeman was scathing of Martinez and his set piece record and whilst its true that we haven't conceded as many, we are still giving away far too many chances and today we were as bad as we ever have been from them.

Looking back at the goals, Williams was terrible for that first goal. Didnt challenge Deeney in the air, and then didnt have a clue where Okaka was when the ball came in. Gueye could have helped but Williams could have snuffed that out twice.

Second goal, Coleman just doesnt do enough.

Third goal is a but more difficult, Barry lets Okaka get the run on him but as I look at it again, the shot is only just right of centre and Stek should make that save. It wasnt a bullet header, it was quick, but he is a PL keeper and he should be reacting to stop that in my opinion.

As I mentioned earlier, we looked a lot better when Ross, Valencia and finally Lennon came on. Gerry started getting some quality balls into the box, we had more players getting forward and then deeper we had McCarthy haring round retrieving the ball and starting another attack. We need to do that from the first minute. I wouldn't do it against Arsenal or Liverpool but I would go with Ross in centre mid and Gerry off Lukaku with Valencia and Mirallas as wingers because we looked a lot sharper, we found space and despite playing against a packed defence there were times when it looked as though we were counter attacking because we were getting them out of position.

Koeman really has to pull his finger out as this is not good enough at all. Koeman has a good record against Arsenal and Liverpool so I am holding onto that but fuck me, if we play the first 60 minutes like we have done in the last 2 games then we are going to get battered.

Agree on the third goal. The header was from 12 yards out and not a bullet header, goalie should have saved it.

Last 10 minutes just prove the players have got it in them - it is attitude and application we lack, and that comes from the manager. For 80 minutes we played like a team utterly without spirit, who didn't want to play for each other, the shirt or the manager. He can fuck off with his Champions League medals and big I am past, he's an average manager and I am seeing nothing to suggest he can turn this round. This is the worst I've seen Everton play since the Smith days.

The "attitude and application" are a result of asking players to do something that's not really on their docket. It must be immensely frustrating for them, knowing they can do so much better. Exhibit one: James McCarthy. Play to his strengths, and he makes a difference.

I'm really not one to call for a manager to go after less than half a season, but the mismatch in this case is obvious. As I see it, there are three options: (i) Bring David Unsworth in now and introduce a glimmer of hope for the derby; (ii) Bring David Unsworth in after a horrendous drubbing in the derby; (iii) stick with Ronald Koeman and look forward to a fight against relegation. Yes, I sound negative - which is against my character - but the current situation is dire.

I've seen this in business time and again. Bring in a chief executive with excellent credentials and see him/her fail big time because of a fundamental mismatch of company culture. The key is to spot this early on and recover the situation, otherwise everyone suffers and morale goes down the toilet. Koeman doesn't get Everton, and that isn't going to change.

Apologies for the flood of posts, had to watch the game on a delay.

Koeman is either a blind fool it a genius. I think I'm with most who have now concluded that he's a fool. There are so many obvious things he could do to change the system, but he can't see them out won't do them.

The other possibility is that he's trying to send Moshiri a message that he needs and expects a whole new team in January. I hope Moshiri doesn't fall for that.

It is clear that, half-way through the season, Koeman has no idea what his best tactics are or how the players fit in. He just seems to decide on a Saturday morning who will play and then lets them get on with it. That can be the only conclusion considering the number of changes he makes and the fact that the team he picks don't appear to know what they are supposed to be doing. It seems to differ from game to game. My heart sinks when the camera's go on him in the dug-out, 'clueless' is the only word that springs to mind.