IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/13/sam-allardyce-wayne-rooney-experience-should-be-dropping-deeper

Does he not realise that when Rooney drops deeper he's literally sitting on the CB's toes for most of the game because of his shit, negative tactics? That makes it a bit harder to chip in with goals.

The more this fella speaks the more I want to punch him in the face over and over. I dread press conference time because I just know he's going to talk a load of shite.

Expecting a 30 something to get from defending his own 18 yard box, into the opposition 18 yard box and then back to defend our 18 yard box just isn'tt going to happen.  I sometimes feel like it has got to the stage where he is going fishing with these comments to reel us in!

8 hours ago, Paddock said:

Rooney has been decent this season, he’s scored some important goals, kept a cool head at Anfield with the pen and has given 110% in every game he has played . His passing at times has been atrocious and games have passed him by but all in all I’m glad he was here this season.

So am I and I was vehemently against his return.

5 hours ago, Paddock said:

Rooney has been decent this season, he’s scored some important goals, kept a cool head at Anfield with the pen and has given 110% in every game he has played . His passing at times has been atrocious and games have passed him by but all in all I’m glad he was here this season.

So am I, I think he’s been great in the dressing room as well.  We don’t see or hear about it, but I’m sure he’s taking young guys under his wing and being a leader in there.

On 11/04/2018 at 00:12, Cornish Steve said:

Based on how we set up against Arsenal, his approach to stats appears to be to read the paper in which his chips were wrapped, see who beat a team we're about to play, and then try to implement their strategy - regardless of context, our strengths versus theirs, and what our opponents' strategy might be this time around.

Sorry for the cynicism re Crooked Sam. I know it irritates some, but he does nothing but reinforce my opinion from Day One.

Steve, I  disagree.  I think Fat Sam is a lot worse than you make out.

Whenever he speaks and comments on players, how happy he is with the score after a draw or win with a boring football it makes me think that how Everton did even climb to this position with this mentality. It's a miracle. It is a prophet-like miracle, he may declare his prophecy soon...

This ignorance, this hollow ego... It is unbelievable.

Regarding Rooney, I don't think he can handle MC position anymore or maybe he can but depends on the opposition match-up from game-to-game but he may still be useful as an AMC or by coming up from the bench. Looks like, he only wants to play as a central midfielder, neither ok with coming up from the bench or playing in another position.

honestly @Sir McGiven it has nothing to do with the club, it has everything to do with the owner.  bill would have never appointed him.  it was all moshiri and his cronies (walsh).  hopefully he realizes how much this has damaged the club and fanbase and will never make such a boneheaded decision again.

12 hours ago, Paddock said:

Spot on Pad

On 16/04/2018 at 15:08, markjazzbassist said:

honestly @Sir McGiven it has nothing to do with the club, it has everything to do with the owner.  bill would have never appointed him.  it was all moshiri and his cronies (walsh).  hopefully he realizes how much this has damaged the club and fanbase and will never make such a boneheaded decision again.

How do you know Bill wouldn’t have appointed him?

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

He has class.  We all heard the rumors he wanted unsy to stay on full time till the end of the season.  He’s known sam for years, could have gotten him when moyes left.  Never was even an option.

I’m not convinced to be honest. The club was in panic. I see no reason why Bill couldn’t convince Moshiri if he was that against it. 

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He has class.  We all heard the rumors he wanted unsy to stay on full time till the end of the season.  He’s known sam for years, could have gotten him when moyes left.  Never was even an option.

For gods sake, Bill wanted to appoint Gary fucking Megson at some point.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

For gods sake, Bill wanted to appoint Gary fucking Megson at some point.

He also wanted to bring moyes back by all accounts.  Kenwright struck lucky with moyes first time round.... that's about the only thing he' got right. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rooney's gotta go. Though I was initially against him coming back, it was a decent homecoming, but like all athletic homecomings when the player is in the twilight of their career, it needs to be short-lived.

We can't keep shoehorning him into lineups. He doesn't have a position where he excels anymore.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Keep him around the team. We need that sort of experienced, influential character around the dressing room, and coming on as a sub when chasin a game wouldn’t be the worst idea. 

I don't think he will be settling for the bench, do you? As long as he is ok with it, it is a good choice to keep him IMO.

48 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

I don't think he will be settling for the bench, do you? As long as he is ok with it, it is a good choice to keep him IMO.

I think he might, just being a boyhood Blue. He’d basically only really get a gig in the US or China, but I’m not sure he’d go for that final payday 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think he might, just being a boyhood Blue. He’d basically only really get a gig in the US or China, but I’m not sure he’d go for that final payday 

I think he can be tempted by a US club but don't think he'll see himself in China.

Well, his experience priceless for Everton and he can inspire another generation at the club. I do think it is a good idea to keep him as a sub too.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

2 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

I think he can be tempted by a US club but don't think he'll see himself in China.

Well, his experience priceless for Everton and he can inspire another generation at the club. I do think it is a good idea to keep him as a sub too.

I don't think he'd do well in the MLS. It's a very physical league (albeit not the most technical). With his legs being gone I don't see him having any success there. Take Gerrard for example.

8 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I don't think he'd do well in the MLS. It's a very physical league (albeit not the most technical). With his legs being gone I don't see him having any success there. Take Gerrard for example.

Well, with those legs he can only play in Qatar or U.A.E. but you know, modern country, a good contract can be offered as well. That's why. LA's sunny days maybe :)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2018/05/08/wayne-rooney-in-serious-talks-about-joining-d-c-united/

Talks between Rooney’s representatives and the MLS side accelerated in recent weeks, and one person familiar with the negotiations said D.C. has a 50 percent chance of acquiring him during the MLS transfer and trade window, which will open July 10.