IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:44, Elston Gunnn said:

Rooney likes to roam the pitch, and he seems to have enough energy left to be pretty effective doing so.  I doubt he has enough left to play, say, 3 matches in 8 days, but with proper rest, he’s still a creator and goalscorer.

For me, this means his role can’t be accurately reflected in any numerical formation.  In a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2, he could be listed as the 10, but Sigurdsson would be as or more likely to play in that area of the pitch.  Or, in a 4-2-3-1, he could be listed as a DM with Gana or McCarthy (.....), but he’d actually play in front of the actual single DM.  That DM - Gana is the obvious example - simply must stay back to help the back line.  (Gana, an anti-Rooney, is neither creator nor goalscorer.  He’s a disrupter, but when, Rooney-like, he roams, he sometimes disrupts his own team, in missing a tackle and allowing our already-porous defense less help.)

Too many numbers and too many references to DM, I almost threw up. Let him do what he wants and pick ten other players.

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:24, pete0 said:

You should have him DM as well as he drops back to pick up the ball... Whilst a certain coward shys away from it. 

I think that would technically make him a Deep Lying Playmaker rather than DM as his duties are more about what he does with the ball than winning it back, making the Defensive parts of DM redundant.

Or alternatively, its just fucking midfield!

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I think that would technically make him a Deep Lying Playmaker rather than DM as his duties are more about what he does with the ball than winning it back, making the Defensive parts of DM redundant.

Similar to KBD role at city? Except with less running.

1 hour ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Similar to KBD role at city? Except with less running.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Plus we don' have the ball anywhere near as much so while KDB isn' really tested, Rooney will be!

Please don't do that guys, write the name, then I won't have to check the Man City site and feel a real numpty when I realise who you're talking about:unsure:.

47 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Please don't do that guys, write the name, then I won't have to check the Man City site and feel a real numpty when I realise who you're talking about:unsure:.

Ha

Cant even blame auto correct as it changes it to KEN. Let's just call him Ken for my convenience? 

15 hours ago, StevO said:

Too many numbers and too many references to DM, I almost threw up.

If numbers and letters are causing you to throw up, this season is wreaking havoc on your constitution.  Maybe you need an extra helping of Weetabix.

15 hours ago, StevO said:

I think that would technically make him a Deep Lying Playmaker rather than DM....

I accept your friendly amendment.  I see Rooney’s role, then, as DLP, which is more precise than DM or FM.  (If these letters make you nauseous, again, Weetabix.  Perhaps the organic or protein versions.  Or maybe banana or chocolate.  Speedy recovery!)

2 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

If numbers and letters are causing you to throw up, this season is wreaking havoc on your constitution.  Maybe you need an extra helping of Weetabix.

I accept your friendly amendment.  I see Rooney’s role, then, as DLP, which is more precise than DM or FM.  (If these letters make you nauseous, again, Weetabix.  Perhaps the organic or protein versions.  Or maybe banana or chocolate.  Speedy recovery!)

Haha I’ll give Weetabix a try

ill still look forward to seeing Wayne play in midfield and hope to keep my breakfast down on derby day

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

@MikeO  wont be happy with all those abbreviations!

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Does it matter how many are penalties? That was a massive pressure pen today and he rattled it in- you cannot buy his experience and quality.

When we got that late penalty against Brighton I said there was no one else I’d rather be stepping up to take that. Not even Baines. And the same goes for today. 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

When we got that late penalty against Brighton I said there was no one else I’d rather be stepping up to take that. Not even Baines. And the same goes for today. 

I would've been confident with either of them on both occasions; it was the Rom ones and the Mirallas debacle that caused distress.