IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

On 19/09/2017 at 08:22, Bill said:

Yeah, this for me too. Rooney was caught  before he passed because on may occasions there was nobody near him to pass to.   Left on his own for too long and people wonder why he drops deep. ?  But he tried hard and never gave up that's all you can ask of any player.

Davies was his usual self,  full of energy and always looking to go forward, he also has fair bit of skill in him.  We better get him sorted with a new improved contract because the big boys are going to come and pinch him off us.

More to the point.... why did koeman sub him?  Joke. 

27 minutes ago, MikeO said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41340671

Not sure I agree with that, you get justice/punishment from the court, I don't see that it's the place of the employer to get involved; don't think it'd happen in many other walks of life.

Because it reflects on the employer and costs them, becomes an internal disciplinary thing. A colleague of mine was done for drink driving, he left "by mutual consent" a few months later

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because it reflects on the employer and costs them, becomes an internal disciplinary thing. A colleague of mine was done for drink driving, he left "by mutual consent" a few months later

Can see the point you're making but it's just a bit of a grey area for me, your employer isn't your mum and under most circumstances cases like this wouldn't attract national media attention. I can't remember the tabloids going to town on Rubes when he got done for speeding for example. If it was something like wife battering or child abuse then you bin the player/employee obviously; so for me it's either a case of a sack-able offence or not. If it's not worth contract termination you let the courts decide.

Did your colleague get their wages docked? I highly doubt it, in fact I wouldn't have thought it was legal. I'd have thought if it was "mutual consent" a few months on it was more likely an ongoing drink problem, or the possibility that the guy couldn't get to work efficiently without wheels.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Can see the point you're making but it's just a bit of a grey area for me, your employer isn't your mum and under most circumstances cases like this wouldn't attract national media attention. I can't remember the tabloids going to town on Rubes when he got done for speeding for example. If it was something like wife battering or child abuse then you bin the player/employee obviously; so for me it's either a case of a sack-able offence or not. If it's not worth contract termination you let the courts decide.

Did your colleague get their wages docked? I highly doubt it, in fact I wouldn't have thought it was legal. I'd have thought if it was "mutual consent" a few months on it was more likely an ongoing drink problem, or the possibility that the guy couldn't get to work efficiently without wheels.

No, he got pushed out and lost his job, partly because he'd been ill for a while and was getting paid whilst not working. I think this was the final straw for them, and nothing to do with mobility since we can work from home if we want.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, he got pushed out and lost his job, partly because he'd been ill for a while and was getting paid whilst not working. I think this was the final straw for them, and nothing to do with mobility since we can work from home if we want.

In which case the company was out of order for me. nobody should lose their job for being properly ill. Heard many stories in recent years from cancer patients; some have brilliant employers who give them massive support and some have employers who'll do whatever they can to get them off the payroll.

Just now, MikeO said:

In which case the company was out of order for me. nobody should lose their job for being properly ill. Heard many stories in recent years from cancer patients; some have brilliant employers who give them massive support and some have employers who'll do whatever they can to get them off the payroll.

Hey, I'm getting demoted coming first of January because of a reshuffle (though those who aren't changing contract won't be, despite us doing the same job still). Nothing really surprises me at the moment

Whether you like it or not, Rooney is currently the face of our club. Its him that gets shown on Sky, its him mainly in the pressers and God knows how many shirts have sold on the back of his return, not to mention all the image rights stuff.

I would be pretty certain that he will have a "commercial" clause in his contract as he is dragging the clubs name down with him.

It doesnt apply to most of us on here because we dont mean anything to the general public but with Rooney its completely different. I'm actually a bit disappointed that we have only fined him. Money means nothing to him. Make him go round all the local schools/charities/hospitals etc (on top of the fine).

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Whether you like it or not, Rooney is currently the face of our club. Its him that gets shown on Sky, its him mainly in the pressers and God knows how many shirts have sold on the back of his return, not to mention all the image rights stuff.

I would be pretty certain that he will have a "commercial" clause in his contract as he is dragging the clubs name down with him.

It doesnt apply to most of us on here because we dont mean anything to the general public but with Rooney its completely different. I'm actually a bit disappointed that we have only fined him. Money means nothing to him. Make him go round all the local schools/charities/hospitals etc (on top of the fine).

He will be, but 100 hours is kinda meaningless too

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Interesting comment today on the BBC blog...

"For years it was Rooney. Now it's Pogba. Utd always seem to have a marquee player who unbalances the side and creates more problems than they solve. Utd look much better in the games since Pogba's been out."

Very odd comment considering he's got a medals falling out of his ears from helping that side win everything possible. 

21 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Think the team Fergie left was a poisoned chalice, but I'd not say Rooney was one of the ones that stayed too long. 

Not for me. The side won the league by 11 points or something crazy and whilst I think they did need to make some big signings, that's what United have always done. (And any team)

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Not for me. The side won the league by 11 points or something crazy and whilst I think they did need to make some big signings, that's what United have always done. (And any team)

Think that must shows how influential Fergie was on the referees. Plus the likes of Rio wouldn't dare rock the boat under him. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

That's horse shit Pete. You don't win the league because of pressure on refs.

They had all the same team plus two of the best players from the season before. Mata and Fellaini. Moyes is no Fergie but he's not that shit to take winners to 7th all on us own. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Do you forgot how many games they won where there was 2 minutes stoppage and the goal came at 6 minutes stoppage?  Seemed like every week was fergie squeekie bum time.  Not the only reason but it helped a lot.

Add to that how many times the ref kept his hands in his pocket for them. Rio last man wins united a free kick more often than not. Barely conceded a pen until Fergie left. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Is he on four for the season so far? If he can get into double figures then I’ll be happy with him. 

I think he try’s a bit too hard sometimes.

Yep. He should try just hanging around the penalty box and smashing the ball into the back of the net.