IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

this is going to be great, he will get to spend more time with the youngsters on the international break and more time with koeman to learn about his vision. plus he will get plenty of rest to stay healthy and be fit for the entire season.

really smart decision, he does seem to want to go out in a blaze of glory with everton which is endearing

Completely agree. Rooney has been made the scapegoat for England's failures. He has done his bit for the country now it is time for him to bow out and enjoy the rest of his playing career.

There will always be a scape goat, England fans are fickle as fuck. Southgate, Beckham, Rooney... this is why I couldn't give a shit about international football (plus its boring as fuck). I'll support England in a major finals but other than that they can fuck off. Glad Rooney has retired, means less chance of him getting injured in competitive games, means all his focus is now on Everton and his growing family. Hope none of our players are called up to these friendlies. Although Keane is likely to be.

There will always be a scape goat, England fans are fickle as fuck. Southgate, Beckham, Rooney... this is why I couldn't give a shit about international football (plus its boring as fuck). I'll support England in a major finals but other than that they can fuck off. Glad Rooney has retired, means less chance of him getting injured in competitive games, means all his focus is now on Everton and his growing family. Hope none of our players are called up to these friendlies. Although Keane is likely to be.

Aren't they qualifiers?

He's always needed a run of games to hit top form. Fortunately we haven't been punished by his mistakes but as he gets match sharp I still believe he will do a stellar job for us.

Yep he does, but he has played about 7 or 8 games now so he isnt going to be far off.

Sadly this ties in with rumours that he has become very fond of his ale.

What an irresponsible idiot. He earns enough money to have a chauffeur or dump his car anywhere.

this for me a million times over. i don't know why every big time athlete doesn't have a professional driver. fuck if i made any money that's the first thing i would buy, screw the mansion or cars. i'd hire a driver so i could do whatever i wanted and not have to worry about getting arrested.

rooney of all people has millions upon millions.

He's a divi but the cries of throw him in jail- he should be sacked are WAY over the top. He should just be punished like any normal person.

Imagine walking into your work on a Monday morning after being caught and your boss taking your wages off you or sacking you- you'd be furious. He should be no different nor should any footballer. Just because they have money doesn't mean the punishment should change.