IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

He's a divi but the cries of throw him in jail- he should be sacked are WAY over the top. He should just be punished like any normal person.

Imagine walking into your work on a Monday morning after being caught and your boss taking your wages off you or sacking you- you'd be furious. He should be no different nor should any footballer. Just because they have money doesn't mean the punishment should change.

agree. it will be community service i bet.

He was driving a VW Beetle!!! What the....!!! A Beetle? Must have been proper pissed and took the hairdressers car by mistake.

i read that too and laughed. i think he does so he doesn't stick out in traffic. everyone sees a ferrari parked and wants to see who's driving it, press/media converge. VW beetle parked out back? no one gives a shit. more anonymity that way. very clever i think.

i read that too and laughed. i think he does so he doesn't stick out in traffic. everyone sees a ferrari parked and wants to see who's driving it, press/media converge. VW beetle parked out back? no one gives a shit. more anonymity that way. very clever i think.

Not that clever as he got pulled by the police!! Haha!!

Wonder how many times he got away with it when he wore red?

That said if he's well over the limit he should be made an example of. If you have no control over a 2 tonne killing machine you should be getting more than a slap on the wrist.

Only weighs about 1.2 tonne so a slap should suffice.

agree. it will be community service i bet.

Won't be community service, it's not an option for DUI.

Severity depends on how much over the limit he was, minimum will be a year ban and a fine, if he was a lot over it could be longer ban/bigger fine and in exteme circumstances prison time (but he'd have to have been well pissed for that to happen).

https://www.gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties

Driving or attempting to drive while above the legal limit or unfit through drink

You may get:

• 6 months’ imprisonment
  • an unlimited fine
  • a driving ban for at least 1 year (3 years if convicted twice in 10 years)

He's a divi but the cries of throw him in jail- he should be sacked are WAY over the top. He should just be punished like any normal person.

Imagine walking into your work on a Monday morning after being caught and your boss taking your wages off you or sacking you- you'd be furious. He should be no different nor should any footballer. Just because they have money doesn't mean the punishment should change.

If a persons job had such a public responsibility with it then IMO they should be fined etc.

He represents the club on and off the pitch and he is dragging the clubs name through the gutter as well as his own.

It could be his brothers missus- the baby sitter etc just because he's driving her home doesn't mean he's smashing her.

Jesus

Given his previous I think we can have an educated guess, if it's the woman's car why isn't she driving it herself? Maybe she's over the limit which should rule out baby sitter (specially if the kids are on holiday with the wife). If he was sending someone home why not call them a cab if they were over? It doesn't look good.

But could be the woman hurt herself somehow and he thought he was under the limit after just a couple of drinks, the trial will tell.

I once drove a bloke to hospital (many many years ago) at closing time because he tripped over the steps leaving the pub and cracked his head open. Problem was...

1. I hadn't passed my driving test.

2. "His" car was actually one (a Ford Executive) that he'd stolen earlier in the day.

3. I was completely pissed.

Drove past a policeman who was waving at me after a mile or so and I realised I didn't have the lights on, went to a hospital with no casualty dept (as A&E was called then) so then had to drive several miles further to another hospital. He got stitched up eventually and asked if I could drive him home (about twelve miles away) when he revealed the car was stolen and I could keep it to get home :unsure:. Him, and his mate, were not the kind of people you said no to if you valued your teeth so I agreed and he told me that as a thank-you I could also keep the leather jacket that he'd stolen off a biker in the pub earlier. Got into the car and luckily it wouldn't start so him and his mate started searching the hospital car-park for another set of wheels to nick. As soon as they were a bit of a distance away from me I just legged it. Luckily never saw them again. Was seventeen at the time but it's a night I'll not forget.

Given his previous I think we can have an educated guess, if it's the woman's car why isn't she driving it herself? Maybe she's over the limit which should rule out baby sitter (specially if the kids are on holiday with the wife). If he was sending someone home why not call them a cab if they were over? It doesn't look good.

But could be the woman hurt herself somehow and he thought he was under the limit after just a couple of drinks, the trial will tell.

I once drove a bloke to hospital (many many years ago) at closing time because he tripped over the steps leaving the pub and cracked his head open. Problem was...

1. I hadn't passed my driving test.

2. "His" car was actually one (a Ford Executive) that he'd stolen earlier in the day.

3. I was completely pissed.

Drove past a policeman who was waving at me after a mile or so and I realised I didn't have the lights on, went to a hospital with no casualty dept (as A&E was called then) so then had to drive several miles further to another hospital. He got stitched up eventually and asked if I could drive him home (about twelve miles away) when he revealed the car was stolen and I could keep it to get home :unsure:. Him, and his mate, were not the kind of people you said no to if you valued your teeth so I agreed and he told me that as a thank-you I could also keep the leather jacket that he'd stolen off a biker in the pub earlier. Got into the car and luckily it wouldn't start so him and his mate started searching the hospital car-park for another set of wheels to nick. As soon as they were a bit of a distance away from me I just legged it. Luckily never saw them again. Was seventeen at the time but it's a night I'll not forget.

That is quite the story to hold onto.

That is quite the story to hold onto.

Funny enough it was also the first date I had with my first "proper" gf, luckily she'd gone home before the fun started. I'd also had the biker (who I knew a bit and was a regular) ask me if I'd seen his jacket as we were sitting at the table he'd been at earlier but I obviously knew nothing about it. Would've been interesting if I'd have turned up wearing it a few days later :lol:.

Luckily would've been going home with you and getting the fun started :P

From memory I think she had to get the last bus, we had lots of fun to come :lol:. Lovely lovely girl who I stayed really close friends with even after we broke up after a couple of years; died from MS at twenty-nine sadly, tragic.