IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

On 9/1/2017 at 09:29, Paddock said:

He's a divi but the cries of throw him in jail- he should be sacked are WAY over the top. He should just be punished like any normal person.

Imagine walking into your work on a Monday morning after being caught and your boss taking your wages off you or sacking you- you'd be furious. He should be no different nor should any footballer. Just because they have money doesn't mean the punishment should change.

That's true; however, sports heroes need to realize they are role models for millions of kids. Like it or not, they have a responsibility not to behave like this. It goes with the territory.

42 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

That's true; however, sports heroes need to realize they are role models for millions of kids. Like it or not, they have a responsibility not to behave like this. It goes with the territory.

my hero was Alex Young so why did I turn out to be a huge arse?

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

That's irrelevant in the eyes of the law- there is nothing in British law and I doubt there will be in his contract to say if he gets caught breaking the law he should get any harsher penalty than I would. Just because he's a footballer doesn't mean you can just move the goal posts and send him to jail or fine him wages from his job.

He's a fucking idiot, you'd think he would know better at his age and experience, you can understand (bit certainly not condone) to a degree a young 19 year old inexperienced player being caught up in all the madness that comes with being a superstar and doing something like this- but at his age there is absolutely no excuse.

that being said he just needs punishing and everyone needs to move on. Fuck me when Firmino got caught the headlines after it were "THE DRINKS ARE ON ME" on the back pages along with "FIRMINO PUTS IT ALL BEHIND HIM AND STARS IN LIVERPOOL WIN" 

fucking disgusting but that's the British tabloids for you and also the reason I point blank refuse to read the shitty rags.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

That's irrelevant in the eyes of the law- there is nothing in British law and I doubt there will be in his contract to say if he gets caught breaking the law he should get any harsher penalty than I would. Just because he's a footballer doesn't mean you can just move the goal posts and send him to jail or fine him wages from his job.

He's a fucking idiot, you'd think he would know better at his age and experience, you can understand (bit certainly not condone) to a degree a young 19 year old inexperienced player being caught up in all the madness that comes with being a superstar and doing something like this- but at his age there is absolutely no excuse.

that being said he just needs punishing and everyone needs to move on. Fuck me when Firmino got caught the headlines after it were "THE DRINKS ARE ON ME" on the back pages along with "FIRMINO PUTS IT ALL BEHIND HIM AND STARS IN LIVERPOOL WIN" 

fucking disgusting but that's the British tabloids for you and also the reason I point blank refuse to read the shitty rags.

this is 100% true,

if the lad is becoming an alcoholic then he needs help, if he isn't he needs a kick up the arse,  and at the moment, that is all.  and Murdoch's Minions can go fuck off and take the shit stained arse wipe of a paper with them.

9 hours ago, Paddock said:

I think there's a case for an increased fine, always thought that. If Wayne gets fined £3000 he has a look down the back of his sofa, if you or me get fined £3000 (whatever the offence may be) it's a tough hit; well it is for me and I'm guessing it would be for you too. Think income could be taken into account, as in "fined equivalent of two months wages", that wouldn't be unreasonable.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I think there's a case for an increased fine, always thought that. If Wayne gets fined £3000 he has a look down the back of his sofa, if you or me get fined £3000 (whatever the offence may be) it's a tough hit; well it is for me and I'm guessing it would be for you too. Think income could be taken into account, as in "fined equivalent of two months wages", that wouldn't be unreasonable.

That's reasonable IF they do that to everyone. If I earn 40 grand a year and you earn 15 then I should get fined more by that way of thinking.

19 minutes ago, Paddock said:

That's reasonable IF they do that to everyone. If I earn 40 grand a year and you earn 15 then I should get fined more by that way of thinking.

Yeah I was suggesting that apply to everyone, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

I got fined £30 for speeding on my moped when I was sixteen, income at the time was about £10 a week working part time in a petrol station on 50p an hour. It was a fortune!

1 hour ago, johnh said:

The Court options are:

6 months prison

5k fine

Driving ban (plus points on license)

The driving ban is applied in most cases.  (Not sure if the fine is an alternative to prison or the Court has an option to apply both).

Driving ban is universal John, everybody gets one if they're driving. You can potentially not get one if you're guilty of the lesser charge of "Being in charge of a vehicle while above the legal limit or unfit through drink" which can include situations like sleeping off a session on the back seat with the keys in your pocket, makes you drunk in charge rather than DUI. And the fine is unlimited for "Driving or attempting to drive while above the legal limit or unfit through drink", not limited to £5k.

https://www.gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties

I was obviously wrong when I said earlier to MJB that community service wasn't an option because Kirsty Gallacher just got "100 hours of unpaid community work" as part of her penalty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41146248

8 hours ago, barryj said:

My worry now is how the obvious relationship issues following this will effect him mentally. Still he's been there before and got through it. Some people never learn. 

No worry there, they're as both as bad as each other. Wayne is just stupid enough to get caught. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Driving ban is universal John, everybody gets one if they're driving. You can potentially not get one if you're guilty of the lesser charge of "Being in charge of a vehicle while above the legal limit or unfit through drink" which can include situations like sleeping off a session on the back seat with the keys in your pocket, makes you drunk in charge rather than DUI. And the fine is unlimited for "Driving or attempting to drive while above the legal limit or unfit through drink", not limited to £5k.

https://www.gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties

I was obviously wrong when I said earlier to MJB that community service wasn't an option because Kirsty Gallacher just got "100 hours of unpaid community work" as part of her penalty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41146248

She got a 2 year driving ban - If Rooney has got previous? they will throw the book at him.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Yeah I was suggesting that apply to everyone, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

I got fined £30 for speeding on my moped when I was sixteen, income at the time was about £10 a week working part time in a petrol station on 50p an hour. It was a fortune!

Without getting too much into detail, I owned a few taxis a long time ago, one of the drivers got 30 parking tickets in 30 days- he was a wrong-un and told me he had moved into the house and was waiting on the parking permit and he'd sorted it and not to worry- a lot happened after that but they ended up over 7 grand in total it went to court and even though I could prove they weren't mine it still fell at my door. The court took £98 a week from my wages, they never gave me a chance to say I had a family, to fill out a form to show what my outgoings were- none of that was an option. Because I earned over a certain amount a week they took a certain % of my wages and I was powerless to atop it- if I worked overtime, the same percentage came out of my take home pay.

it was fucking horrendous and they could have easily sent another man in to suicide because he couldn't pay his bills after the money was taken.

Horrible.... just horrible

31 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Without getting too much into detail, I owned a few taxis a long time ago, one of the drivers got 30 parking tickets in 30 days- he was a wrong-un and told me he had moved into the house and was waiting on the parking permit and he'd sorted it and not to worry- a lot happened after that but they ended up over 7 grand in total it went to court and even though I could prove they weren't mine it still fell at my door. The court took £98 a week from my wages, they never gave me a chance to say I had a family, to fill out a form to show what my outgoings were- none of that was an option. Because I earned over a certain amount a week they took a certain % of my wages and I was powerless to atop it- if I worked overtime, the same percentage came out of my take home pay.

it was fucking horrendous and they could have easily sent another man in to suicide because he couldn't pay his bills after the money was taken.

That makes me feel a fair bit angry

8 hours ago, hafnia said:

Horrible.... just horrible

That makes me feel a fair bit angry

It was unbelievable- no means form no nothing. I remember the court clark or whoever it is who talks to you being an absolute arrogant prick in the magistrates and point blank refusing to look at all the paperwork I had and telling me to go and get a solicitor and to take it to crown courtif I thought I could "prove" it- he then looked at me and said " at least you work, that's something I suppose" I was fucking furious- I bit back that yes I do and if you look I probably earn more than you do with a smirk- that was that, £98 a week. I was fortunate enough to have some money behind me in savings and my wife has a good job. I just worked 7 day weeks so my wages paid it off- I also remember getting my christmas bonus from work and them taking just on £400 out my wages 3 weeks before christmas.

It sounds almost crazy when I tell people about this- people say "30 tickets"??

He was shaked up with some bird over in Birkenhead (Price St to be exact) and was getting a ticket a day- by the time the first one come through the damage was already done- it wasn't until about 5 came through that I realised what he had been doing by then 30 of them were issued.

I've had some fuck ups driving cars for me but that prick to the absolute piss. He got 14 years not long after- got caught with 3.5 million pounds worth of heroin in his car in the car park of the Chapelbrook pub in Huyton so I couldn't even get my money back off him.

On 01/09/2017 at 19:17, MikeO said:

Given his previous I think we can have an educated guess, if it's the woman's car why isn't she driving it herself? Maybe she's over the limit which should rule out baby sitter (specially if the kids are on holiday with the wife). If he was sending someone home why not call them a cab if they were over? It doesn't look good.

But could be the woman hurt herself somehow and he thought he was under the limit after just a couple of drinks, the trial will tell.

I once drove a bloke to hospital (many many years ago) at closing time because he tripped over the steps leaving the pub and cracked his head open. Problem was...

1. I hadn't passed my driving test.

2. "His" car was actually one (a Ford Executive) that he'd stolen earlier in the day.

3. I was completely pissed.

Drove past a policeman who was waving at me after a mile or so and I realised I didn't have the lights on, went to a hospital with no casualty dept (as A&E was called then) so then had to drive several miles further to another hospital. He got stitched up eventually and asked if I could drive him home (about twelve miles away) when he revealed the car was stolen and I could keep it to get home :unsure:. Him, and his mate, were not the kind of people you said no to if you valued your teeth so I agreed and he told me that as a thank-you I could also keep the leather jacket that he'd stolen off a biker in the pub earlier. Got into the car and luckily it wouldn't start so him and his mate started searching the hospital car-park for another set of wheels to nick. As soon as they were a bit of a distance away from me I just legged it. Luckily never saw them again. Was seventeen at the time but it's a night I'll not forget.

Hahaha sounds like my teen years.

i was an absolute dick, but learnt a lesson each time and never did it again. I got lucky over the years and got away from the bad friends as soon as I could at a decent age. Learnt a lot of lessons though.

14 minutes ago, rubecula said:

does it bother you?

I know the question wasn't asked of me but I did some things in my youth that do still bother me; I like to think I've made some sort of amends by being a pretty decent bloke for the last forty odd years, but I did a few things which pop into my head on occasion that I'm still ashamed of. Won't go into detail but I'll just say say that there was never anything that would've landed me behind bars for more than a night in a police cell.

Just now, MikeO said:

I know the question wasn't asked of me but I did some things in my youth that do still bother me; I like to think I've made some sort of amends by being a pretty decent bloke for the last forty odd years, but I did a few things which pop into my head on occasion that I'm still ashamed of. Won't go into detail but I'll just say say that there was never anything that would've landed me behind bars for more than a night in a police cell.

pretty much the same here Mike, although a few things may have put me inside a tad longer, or even in my grave as a youngster, but I have tried really hard to be a nice guy. for about 50 years now.

24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I think we can all say the same mate.

55 minutes ago, rubecula said:

does it bother you?

Me?

yes mate. I wouldn't say I would change things as they made me what I am today. 

But I am still ashamed of some of my actions and the way I treated some people. The only difference between myself and some others was that I didn't get caught. 

I never broke into houses as I thought it was morally wrong, but I stole cars thinking it was different. Like I say... I was a dick! I fought in gangs. 

but I was also young when I walked away and decided to change my life. Since then I have made a lot of effort to be a different person and bring my children up differently. I hope I have succeeded, but that's for others to judge not me.

13 minutes ago, johnh said:

I must be a boring sod.  Apart from a few speeding fines, I have never done anything. Never been drunk, never smoked, never been in a fight. Exchanging knee high tackles and the odd elbow in the face on the football field is about it.:D

Not boring mate, just a better person.