IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

Amazing to have a player up top who has a footballing brain and technique.

It really does count for more than just goals - it takes the sting out the other team.

I hope he gets fitter and fitter. I still think he's a good 5 pound overweight. If he trims off a bit more and gets sharper then we are in business.

Sack sigurdson off and get a striker.

He needs to play the 10 for me- he was caught offside time and time again last night because he knows he'a he's lost his pace and needs to steal a yard when he's playing the striker.

A lot of players were, they played a high line and Everton tried to use the space, not always smartly.

Rooney is class, and can play multiple roles and positions in one game, it's would be an injustice to his ability and smarts to say he should play here or there.

He needs to play the 10 for me- he was caught offside time and time again last night because he knows he'a he's lost his pace and needs to steal a yard when he's playing the striker.

Agreed. Think we're going to have to play a diamond in midfield to squeeze him and Klaasen into the same side. God knows what we'll do with Siggy as well.

A lot of players were, they played a high line and Everton tried to use the space, not always smartly.

Rooney is class, and can play multiple roles and positions in one game, it's would be an injustice to his ability and smarts to say he should play here or there.

It's not an injustice at all it's about using him where he is most effective. He isn't quick enough to get in behind teams who play like they did last night (more than likely why they played it) so he was always trying to steal that yard. Someone like Vardy would have rinsed them last night.

He is most effective in the 10 these days, his football brain is superb his feet are still excellent as is his vision and ability to make us tick- it's not a critisism of him it's just the way it is now.

We need a quick striker imo- I still don't get why people think Sandro is rapid, He's not.

do we need a quick striker?

How often are goals scored from a striker having pace vs. the team passing at a higher tempo?

Kane isn't quick but has scored a shedload over the last few years, Aguero likewise - he's more about clever movement and lethal finishing. Lukaku for us - most of his goals came from the ball being played into the box.

Clever interplay and movement is key up front - we seen that with the goal last night.

i think the offsides was half ref, half he hasn't played regularly as a CF in years. just getting used to being the man up top at least that's how i see it. he's strong, good on the ball and will link up. klaassen, sandro, lookman and others aren't afraid to get in the box so he won't need to be the one and only target there.

So far so good. He scored up top last week, and got an assist this week. Over his career he's consistently showed he's a top class finished I'd not move him back unless he stops scoring.

11km he covered last night. Absolutely brilliant work ethic - anyone sense that he was a bit "irritated" when discussing that we were trying to hold on to the win?

I get the impression that he will be pretty direct with Koeman if he doesn't see things the same way.

I still think he's a few weeks away from being where we want him to be in terms of fitness

I personally think Rooney worked his nuts off, and later on in the second half dropped a bit deeper to try and fill the void left by our midfielders, and also when in possession tried to keep hold of the ball and pass it about to relieve the pressure, just that not many were on his wave length last night, and that why Koeman spoke so highly of him, because his football brain is so better than anyone else in the team.

Isn't it.boss to have someone gobby on the pitch again. He's at the ref every time he thinks we've had an unfair decision- speaking to him, explaining what happened and how it's wrong.

It's bossand i love it- we're finally standing up for ourselves.

Yeah it's been great. He's vocal, morgan is vocal, Pickford, Jags occasionally, good group.