IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

1 hour ago, nogs said:

I'd still like to see what he could do in a decent side playing half decent football. He came back into a shit storm which was not his fault. Noticeable that his form dipped second half of the season as like most of our players he struggled to make sense of fat heads non-football. Think it'd be a shame for him to leave on this note myself, he'd still score goals for us. 

He should have come back a few seasons ago. Imagine him in Martinez's first sesason.

1 hour ago, nogs said:

I'd still like to see what he could do in a decent side playing half decent football. He came back into a shit storm which was not his fault. Noticeable that his form dipped second half of the season as like most of our players he struggled to make sense of fat heads non-football. Think it'd be a shame for him to leave on this note myself, he'd still score goals for us. 

this is a mirror to my way of thinking too

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s his and the clubs business and business isn’t an emotional commitment but being a supporter or fan is, so him and the club can sort the business out between themselves and he can still be a fan, what ever the result of there negotiations are. 

I agree, I wouldnt begrudge him wanting to play football where he can but if this furious comment has come from his camp (it isnt going to be the club) then that would take the piss. He came back to lead this club to "glory" but ultimately he has proven that he isnt good enough at this level any more (in midfield). 

Id still have him up front as the back up option for Cenk as he can still score goals but sadly he doesnt have the mobility to play in a high tempo midfield.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I agree, I wouldnt begrudge him wanting to play football where he can but if this furious comment has come from his camp (it isnt going to be the club) then that would take the piss. He came back to lead this club to "glory" but ultimately he has proven that he isnt good enough at this level any more (in midfield). 

Id still have him up front as the back up option for Cenk as he can still score goals but sadly he doesnt have the mobility to play in a high tempo midfield.

Personally I agree with you that his days in the premiership are over it comes to everyone at sometime, I was more trying to defend that what happens between the club and himself can't take away that he is a born and bred Evertonian and still a fan.

On 12/06/2018 at 13:33, nogs said:

We saw that in the previous season playing for Man U and it wasn’t great. There’s a reason they let him come to us on a free.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I really have a feeling he's going to struggle in MLS. I think the CSL would've been a better fit, but it's hard to turn down living in the USA over China(I guess).

Love it tonka completely impartial on the USA China thing 😂, but your right he probably will struggle don't think he will handle the pace and lacks the fitness.

Just now, Palfy said:

Love it tonka completely impartial on the USA China thing 😂, but your right he probably will struggle don't think he will handle the pace and lacks the fitness.

Definitely! Technically he'll be sound, but MLS is a lot of back and forth with very rough challenges. I'll be pulling for him, but I just hope he doesn't burn out a la Gerrard.

5 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Don’t understand on what basis anyone can say this. I’m quite happy he’s gone.

The amount of goals he's scored in his career. He's scored 208 in the league and I can't remember many being thanks to his pace. His bext season was when he replaced van nistelrooy and was instructed to stay in the box. 

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The amount of goals he's scored in his career. He's scored 208 in the league and I can't remember many being thanks to his pace. His bext season was when he replaced van nistelrooy and was instructed to stay in the box. 

It's not all about pace.  The legs "going" is more than just pace.... it's sharpness, the ability to do what the brain is telling them to do.

At the money he was on it was daft to keep him.  He spent too much of the games trying to be the main man.  He looks very very old on the pitch - like a 35 year old. 

Pity he never looked after himself - look at Ronaldo still physically competing. Rooney had far more natural talent than Ronaldo. 

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

It's not all about pace.  The legs "going" is more than just pace.... it's sharpness, the ability to do what the brain is telling them to do.

At the money he was on it was daft to keep him.  He spent too much of the games trying to be the main man.  He looks very very old on the pitch - like a 35 year old. 

Pity he never looked after himself - look at Ronaldo still physically competing. Rooney had far more natural talent than Ronaldo. 

He's got one of the fastest football brains in the game to make up for the lack of legs. Get the ball to him in the box and he'll bag more than most, he's a natural goalscorer. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He's got one of the fastest football brains in the game to make up for the lack of legs. Get the ball to him in the box and he'll bag more than most, he's a natural goalscorer. 

His football brain is fast.... unfortunately his legs don't listen to the brain as sharply as they used to.  Got caught flat footed so often last season.  If it was all about football brains then Fowler would still be playing. 

He's a spent force.  It's a sad reality. You could see the decline 3 years ago... ale, fags, kebabs...