IGNORED

Europa League 2017-2018

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/08/03/blues-to-learn-playoff-foes-on-friday

I've only ever heard of Utrecht and Red Star Belgrade. Doesn't seem to be a very scary draw thanks to us being seeded.

What concerns me is not the list of teams: it's the dates - right before playing City and Chelsea.

Edited by Cornish Steve

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/08/03/blues-to-learn-playoff-foes-on-friday

I've only ever heard of Utrecht and Red Star Belgrade. Doesn't seem to be a very scary draw thanks to us being seeded.

Have you never heard of Hadjuk Split or AEK Athens?

Rosenborg have been in Champions league many many times and have managed to beat a lot of bigger teams.

Dont want to face them tbh.

Östersund should be an easy team to beat but they did knock out Galatasaray in the last round.

No easy draws

Utrecht would be my preferred opposition. Only 45 minutes away to Schiphol and then another 45 to get to Utrecht. Koeman might still keep an eye on Dutch football, if not Klaassen will know enough knowledge to help the team. Doubt we have much information on the rest of the fans, and they're all a lot further to get to.

What concerns me is not the list of teams: it's the dates - right before playing City and Chelsea.

The Chelsea away match will be moved to Sun Aug 27, or if we're lucky to Mon or Tues 28/29. But this will be a very difficult stretch. Here's a quick list of our August fixtures.

Sun 6 - Sevilla (H)

Sat 12 - Stoke (H)

Thurs 17 - Hajduk Split (H)

Mon 21 - Man City (A)

Thurs 24 - Hajduk Split (A)

Sun/Mon/Tues 27-29 - Chelsea (A)

Travel exhaustion will not be a problem from now through the City match. But playing in Croatia a mere 3 days after City will be a major problem, so we need to take a 2-goal lead into that second leg, preferably 2-0 or 3-0. Our chances away to Chelsea at the end of this stretch look slim right now, especially if that match is moved only to Sun Aug 27. I'd say that Chelsea match is the least important of our next six matches, even including the Sevilla friendly.

They were knocked out by Maccabi Tel Aviv at the same stage last season.

Decent draw and a great country to go to (by all accounts). Fingers crossed on a decent allocation (enough for me to qualify anyway) at the 35,000 stadium.

My brother's just come back from Croatia, loved it.

Historically a big club but we should be OK.

I've watched Hajduk the round before this, as they won against my country club Levski. Not a spectacular team. Poor finishing although they have a big №9, but very weak at converting chances. Probably we have to assign Keane to mark tight the big guy, put heavy pressure in the midfield and we will be fine.

I've watched Hajduk the round before this, as they won against my country club Levski. Not a spectacular team. Poor finishing although they have a big №9, but very weak at converting chances. Probably we have to assign Keane to mark tight the big guy, put heavy pressure in the midfield and we will be fine.

As long as we don't play a back 3 I'll be happy!

You're from Bulgaria? I didn't realize that. Your English is pretty darn good.