IGNORED

Predict our result: 2017/2018 season

Cornish Steve

On 1/1/2018 at 14:23, MikeO said:

Oh Steve, you broke your own cardinal rule!

Three ten pointers (a record surely), though I'd rather you'd all have been wrong!

I never learn! Whenever I change my prediction at the last minute, my original prediction holds true! This must be the fourth time it's happened!

It's another manifestation of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. If I change my prediction, that brings about a reality in which my former prediction becomes true. If I think "aha, I'm going to change my prediction" but decide not to at the last moment, that alternative reality never happens and my prediction is wrong.

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I never learn! Whenever I change my prediction at the last minute, my original prediction holds true! This must be the fourth time it's happened!

It's another manifestation of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. If I change my prediction, that brings about a reality in which my former prediction becomes true. If I think "aha, I'm going to change my prediction" but decide not to at the last moment, that alternative reality never happens and my prediction is wrong.

How about predicting us to win then change it to us losing instead ;) 

Yes, there were FOUR 10-pointers this time around, which is something of a record. Despite our predictions being quite accurate, a majority scored zero points, which is also a record. Many congrats to chalkpie (who's now won 6 of 22 rounds), nyblue23, Peter H (who's won 5 of the rounds), and Romey.

As a result of four 10-pointers and many zeroes, there are quite a few changes in the overall standings. MikeO now leads alone for the season, but seven now score higher than TT Average (the 'wisdom of crowds' means it's quite difficult to beat that number). chalkpie and Peter H lead the chase. Despite dropping to fourth for the season, aaron maintains a healthy lead per prediction. In this category, Peter H has jumped ahead of MikeO for second place.

9asf2QM.png