IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If our problem was that we have a team of shit quality then this would be valid but we don’t. We actually have a lot of quality in this squad. We had a manager that couldn’t get the best out of them. Allardyce is good at getting shit players to play above themselves but that isn’t what we need. We just need someone who will use the quality we’ve got in the right way - play players in their natural and best positions, have a game plan that suits those players. 

Yes we may be in the relegation zone as of now but we don’t need a manager for survival, and we don’t need Sam Allardyce. 

This for me I know we are in a bad spot atm but the talk of survival is premature at best, 8 games in lads with loads of points to play for 

We have some great players who need confidence instilled and a proper system to play in then we will see our fortunes change 

You only have to look at the stats on the multiple systems and players Koeman has used to shoehorn players in the side to see we've been piss poorly managed

3 minutes ago, patto said:

At a dinner for Jags and Baines 10 year stint at the club a few weeks ago and there was a question and answer done by Barry Horn and Graham Stuart and I asked them the best manager they played under and they both said Joe Royle even though they both played under Howard Kendall  

But neither of them played in Kendall's first stint; luckily for them as they wouldn't have got a game.

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

I've been surprised by Ferguson in terms of wondering what his input is. Doesn't seem to be much!!!

Isnt he only a forwards coach? I don't think he has anything to do with tactics etc. I thought he was largely responsible for the development of Rom and also DCL. If so then he should be kept on.

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Tuchel supposedly has a difficult personality. We are a bit fragile to these types I think!

So are most good managers. If we are going to get  permanent replacement in we need to get the best person available and I think that is him.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Isnt he only a forwards coach? I don't think he has anything to do with tactics etc. I thought he was largely responsible for the development of Rom and also DCL. If so then he should be kept on.

So are most good managers. If we are going to get  permanent replacement in we need to get the best person available and I think that is him.

Maybe he is, maybe you're right. I think because of his rep, people like me are surprised when there is so little fight in the team, so little fire and yet he was full of It! Obviously he's grown and mellowed a fair bit.

RE Tuchel: He's a good read. Sounds good. Bit in and out of the game. But he lost his job partly because he lost the dressing room. So It's a cautionary one for me.

11 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Maybe he is, maybe you're right. I think because of his rep, people like me are surprised when there is so little fight in the team, so little fire and yet he was full of It! Obviously he's grown and mellowed a fair bit.

RE Tuchel: He's a good read. Sounds good. Bit in and out of the game. But he lost his job partly because he lost the dressing room. So It's a cautionary one for me.

You see him on the touchline still kicking every ball, so I really don't think there is any lack of passion from him. I think people expect him to have more of a say than he does. 

Re Tuchal, Mourinho lost the dressing room at Chelsea, Pep did at Bayern. It happens on occasions. 

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You see him on the touchline still kicking every ball, so I really don't think there is any lack of passion from him. I think people expect him to have more of a say than he does. 

Re Tuchal, Mourinho lost the dressing room at Chelsea, Pep did at Bayern. It happens on occasions. 

Very true again.

I think you need the results to match the personality. If not, then it's an easy pick off.

37 minutes ago, MikeO said:

1969 league cup final; showing your age Palfy mate (mind you so am I:lol:).

Cracking game that.

Shame we couldn't replicate it Sunday but your right great final.

Don still lives in Swindon and owns the Don Rodgers sport shop, he has for years supplied all the local clubs and leagues with there medals, shields and cups.

Can't see how we can go past Tuchel, seems to be the Goldilocks candidate.

Would also be nice to see how the team responds to Koeman's departure/Rhino's arrival before an appointment. It may be reported that Koeman never lost the dressing room but that could have been some manner of Stockholm Syndrome.

After all tha calls for his head and this replacement and that replacement I feel like we are kids in a sweet shop. Gone are the days when plucking a moyes esque from the lower leagues or bottom 6 is an option. Also I am not sure where I stand on a big name such as Jose or Carlo A. I wouldn't be upset with Sean Dyce as I agree with the positivity on him. But actually the fellar at Watford feels like the right thing for us. I can see him being as good as Jose in 5 years time.

Give Unsworth a chance. Why do we need a manager with a high profile rep?

why do we need a manager that has a proven record?

we want to find that next hidden gem to play for us, why not a manager to?

let Unsy have a go and see how he does. If he does well by Christmas, then give him the end of the season and the board can take a look at the plan he puts together, and decide if it’s something they can buy into.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Give Unsworth a chance. Why do we need a manager with a high profile rep?

why do we need a manager that has a proven record?

we want to find that next hidden gem to play for us, why not a manager to?

let Unsy have a go and see how he does. If he does well by Christmas, then give him the end of the season and the board can take a look at the plan he puts together, and decide if it’s something they can buy into.

Becsuse we are aiming for the top 4?

How many of those teams go for hidden gems and how many go for established managers?

It's just a thought provoking question.

Me personally, I'd be happy to give Unsworth a go. But fans will have to be patient. He'll make mistakes and chances are it will take that bit longer to establish ourselves.

But, with us fans being as fickle as we are, and with Unsworth being seen as 'one of us', he'll get more time and patience than the like of Dyche, Howie, Fat Sam etc etc.

55 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

You look at the current 'Sky Top 6', how many have succeeded by plucking from below?

Pochettino is the best example of this. Same kind of appointment we made in Martinez and Koeman but it’s proven much more successful for Spurs - it can work both ways but I get what you’re saying. 

51 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Me personally, I'd be happy to give Unsworth a go. But fans will have to be patient. He'll make mistakes and chances are it will take that bit longer to establish ourselves.

But, with us fans being as fickle as we are, and with Unsworth being seen as 'one of us', he'll get more time and patience than the like of Dyche, Howie, Fat Sam etc etc.

This 100%

Something about Dyche doesn't click for me. He's like Pulis, great organiser, great at making so so players into an effective team, but would he win anything? Howe would play the more incisive football but his problems are same as Martinez, not great defensively. 

No one jumps out for me so I'm happy to see if Unsworth has got what it takes. His main asset seems to be organisation, so give him till January to see what he can do. We might see a lift against Chelsea and Leicester, but we've been such a rabble this season it will take time for him to get them playing like a team again.