IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/04/20/allardyce-on-funes

Awaits mob to spin it. How unbalanced people's views on Alladyce have been are embarrassing. Always thought Evertonians for the most part made judgement for themselves. 

Other than West Brom away and man city at home he's not done that much wrong. Signings wise he's been very successful bringing in two first team players. As for not playing youngsters he's on a short term contract, he's no incentive to use them. 

What's unbalanced about not liking watching us play shite negative football? And that's since he brought in his two 'very successful' forwards - it's been shite. But if you're happy to watch more of the same next season, fine, your expectation levels are just right for a team managed by Sam Allardyce. 

14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Always thought Evertonians for the most part made judgement for themselves.

We do; the fact that you're in a tiny minority (of one?) doesn't make the rest of us sheep, it just means we've made different individual judgements than you:).

9 minutes ago, nogs said:

What's unbalanced about not liking watching us play shite negative football? And that's since he brought in his two 'very successful' forwards - it's been shite. But if you're happy to watch more of the same next season, fine, your expectation levels are just right for a team managed by Sam Allardyce. 

He's using Koeman's and Walsh's team. I blame the players more than the manager. 

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We do; the fact that you're in a tiny minority (of one?) doesn't make the rest of us sheep, it just means we've made different individual judgements than you:).

All the comments get twisted. Like he says DCL 'should have scored but he'll learn' and it's turned into he bullies kids and is now leaving him out the team. 

28 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's using Koeman's and Walsh's team. I blame the players more than the manager. 

I think we've been here before. I agree the players aren't good enough but I don't think Allardyce has done nearly enough to get the best out of what we do have. 

36 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The players are not exempt from this by any stretch but ffs the man is a tactical buffoon. 

Shit players can go.... about 5 or 6 of them.  The rest can shape up or get out too.  Ultimately it takes the right manager to sift through that and Oxo cube ain't the man. 

40 minutes ago, pete0 said:

All the comments get twisted. Like he says DCL 'should have scored but he'll learn' and it's turned into he bullies kids and is now leaving him out the team. 

Twisted???  He highlights players who miss chances not purposely just one of those things....- never highlighted schneiderlein for abandoning duty did he?   Seems to have it in for the players who have a bit of something that could be perceived as a threat....  he's a fuckin tit who uses Everton players and staff as a means of celebrating or excusing himself. 

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Has he got himself a new sponsorship deal? Not even loyal to Bisto the bastard:mad:!

Bovril, bisto, Oxo.....(haf goes off and Google's gravy/beef stock names)...

Comes back disappointed unless anyonevaccepts paxo as a gravy brand?  I associate it with stuffing.... then again he probably goes through that too. 

8 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Twisted???  He highlights players who miss chances not purposely just one of those things....- never highlighted schneiderlein for abandoning duty did he?   Seems to have it in for the players who have a bit of something that could be perceived as a threat....  he's a fuckin tit who uses Everton players and staff as a means of celebrating or excusing himself. 

Case and point. 

Listen without a bias, and he's says he's young and it'll come with experience. Hardly hanging him out to dry. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Case and point. 

Listen without a bias, and he's says he's young and it'll come with experience. Hardly hanging him out to dry. 

Oh that old chestnut..... "you look a bit lumpy in that dress love.... don't get too upset a couple of stone and you will look great in it. Now you stay in and I will go out with another bird till you shed the pounds.  In the meantime don't let what I said bother you too much"

29 minutes ago, Blueblood78 said:

In all my years of supporting the blues,i have never felt the urge to comment on any of these forums. I know i may or may not be slagged of by the regulars but i now need to to agree with the majority of people on this thread. I am now watching a team under sam that just look utterly clueless. Full stop. Over the years there has been ups & downs but always with a hint that something good may happen or somekind of excitement. Now, it is just dire. It pains me to say this but i dont even want to watch them at the moment under sam. As with the majority of blues it seems on here i hope sam has already cleared his desk. The next manager may or may not make us world beaters but hopefully at least give us something to start think about lifting 1 a cheek off the seat??

Welcome to the forum and a great first post, couldn't agree more.

What it comes down to is giving us a reason to cheer them on, to be proud to be an Evertonian again. Win lose or draw its the style, the effort the drive to win we want to see, that's what motivates us, makes us identify with them.

That's what Allardyce does not get, and why he has to go.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Team that finished 7th last season and even though unbalanced with 28 players he had enough options to make a successful team.

Besides a good coach would have improved them, had a plan and communicated that to the players.

But Allardce is not a good coach, he is a mr fix it for clubs facing relegation, nothing more, not suited to managing a club with aspirations of playing quality football and pushing for top 5/6.

Also he is an arrogant sod with all the personality of rat shit.

Koeman got rid of our most important player Barry, and Walsh spent all summer looking for a replacement for Lukaku. Neither addressed the defence either. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Explain his snide barbs about lookman?

I don't know why everyone raves about him and act like he's a victim. He's behind Vlasic so wouldn't get much game time here. The club wanted him to drop down a level and play regularly to develop his game and then come back and be in the fold. Instead he refused and chose to sit on a bench in Germany gearing up his next move. Yea let's blame bemoan the club who gave him his big break and are trying to get him out on loan to play every week. 

28 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Koeman got rid of our most important player Barry, and Walsh spent all summer looking for a replacement for Lukaku. Neither addressed the defence either. 

I don't know why everyone raves about him and act like he's a victim. He's behind Vlasic so wouldn't get much game time here. The club wanted him to drop down a level and play regularly to develop his game and then come back and be in the fold. Instead he refused and chose to sit on a bench in Germany gearing up his next move. Yea let's blame bemoan the club who gave him his big break and are trying to get him out on loan to play every week. 

Barry was not our most important player, he was a valuable squad member but outclassed when confronted with pacy skillful players as his legs had gone.

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

I don't think playing 15 times for us, mostly from the bench, constitutes 'a big break'. He's played half as many games for Leipzig, and I think I'm right in saying mainly in league games, whereas he was used in a few Cup games for us. I see no problem in good young players being hungry to play at the highest possible level, which is why Lookman chose Leipzig over Derby.

There are both football and financial reasons to give highly rated youngsters like Lookman a fair crack. For football reasons, ask Chelsea fans if they wish De Bruyne or Lukaku had been managed better a few years ago. And that's a team that was winning trophies, not the depths of mediocrity we're plumbing. Financially, the more you play youngsters the more they're worth. If Lookman had had 20 Prem appearances under his belt this season, he's probably worth £25m + because the club can say look, he's shown he can handle it at senior level. At moment we'd do well to make a small profit on him if he wants to leave because he's still an unknown quantity. 

8 hours ago, London Blue said:

Barry was not our most important player, he was a valuable squad member but outclassed when confronted with pacy skillful players as his legs had gone.

We've lost the midfield battle nearly every game this season starting from Stoke at home, Allen and Fletcher tore them apart and should have been a warning to get someone else is. Barry is hugely missed. He took a yellow most games but at least they never got past him, seriously I've never watched a team get done through the middle as much as us, it's embarrassing. 

35 minutes ago, nogs said:

I don't think playing 15 times for us, mostly from the bench, constitutes 'a big break'. He's played half as many games for Leipzig, and I think I'm right in saying mainly in league games, whereas he was used in a few Cup games for us. I see no problem in good young players being hungry to play at the highest possible level, which is why Lookman chose Leipzig over Derby.

There are both football and financial reasons to give highly rated youngsters like Lookman a fair crack. For football reasons, ask Chelsea fans if they wish De Bruyne or Lukaku had been managed better a few years ago. And that's a team that was winning trophies, not the depths of mediocrity we're plumbing. Financially, the more you play youngsters the more they're worth. If Lookman had had 20 Prem appearances under his belt this season, he's probably worth £25m + because the club can say look, he's shown he can handle it at senior level. At moment we'd do well to make a small profit on him if he wants to leave because he's still an unknown quantity. 

He's played over 45 minutes twice from 10 games. Played no part in their big games and mostly only started because they were saving their big players for cup games. He's missed the big games completely Bayern and Dortmund. So the teams he's getting minus against are championship level. He'd have learned a lot more playing 90 and battling for the play offs with Derby. 

PeteO.... why are prattling on about us not replacing Barry or lukaku as an excuse for this excuse of a mistake of a manager? Barry took a yellow card most games? Isn't that something he did cos he was caught out by pace/position?.... something you slate gana for.

Since allardyce came in we have had:- Coleman back, Baines back (huge upgrade on Kenny and cuco).... we spent near £30m on tosun, £20m on Walcott, bolassie has come back.  Yet here he is having us play some of the most shockingly bad, negative and disjointed football I've ever seen... 

I understand you like to take the opposite view just for the sake of it but seriously get a grip.  This excuse of a manager is taking the piss out of our club.... getting his media chums to take potshots at us and you don't give a toss.

Any manager is all about getting results that either keep the club in the general position they except to be or better and then maybe a 10/20% improvement. Bobby Martinez first season was a great example. he took us on again by abut 20%. While playing good football. These managers then get sacked when they fall below those standards for a long time. Moyes was given a lot of leeway because the club had no money and when he was good he did really well and when he was bad will still stayed in the division. I used to love watching Everton on TV and sporadically live and even up to last season with Koeman who I never thought fully got the club I was still genuinely excited at every kickoff. Even with Sam first 5-6 games he was getting results but since then the complete Apathy of the man and how it has bled into the rest of the club has made me Hate him as a person but also hate the club for not changing him.

I was on the forum shouting for the heads of all of our managers when results were bad so I don't want to be a hyprocrite but I wish we had given bobby more time to turn it round and maybe supported him better with some defensive coaches. I always thought during and since the Moyes days we weren't like the other clubs changing managers at the drop of a hat and I want Sam gone today, but the next guy needs more time to get it right and we need to push more of the youth and not spunk 25mil on loads of players in the summer. I would rather keep the current squad letting go the obvious dross and but 2-3 40 mil level players than 11 between 10-25 mil. The next manager should not be calling it  clear out it should be keeping the core and buying a couple first team players to have an impact.

IN terms of who the coach is I am not sure taking the latest flash in the plan as I see Fonseca is the right thing to do. I would like someone who knows bit about everyone and come to build a legacy. Like Jose and chelsea or wenger or even moyes at everton. Just because we are richer i doesn't mean every summer have to buy a wholeness team.

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

PeteO.... why are prattling on about us not replacing Barry or lukaku as an excuse for this excuse of a mistake of a manager? Barry took a yellow card most games? Isn't that something he did cos he was caught out by pace/position?.... something you slate gana for.

Since allardyce came in we have had:- Coleman back, Baines back (huge upgrade on Kenny and cuco).... we spent near £30m on tosun, £20m on Walcott, bolassie has come back.  Yet here he is having us play some of the most shockingly bad, negative and disjointed football I've ever seen... 

I understand you like to take the opposite view just for the sake of it but seriously get a grip.  This excuse of a manager is taking the piss out of our club.... getting his media chums to take potshots at us and you don't give a toss.

Barry was always goalside and many yellows were for his teammates. Gana mostly because he's out of position and needless. Yea, great comparison same on all fours there... 

Explain why we concede so many chances without him? What's changed from last season? The central midfield is dogshit. No team in the league would swap their midfield 2 for ours. 

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Barry was always goalside and many yellows were for his teammates. Gana mostly because he's out of position and needless. Yea, great comparison same on all fours there... 

Explain why we concede so many chances without him? What's changed from last season? The central midfield is dogshit. No team in the league would swap their midfield 2 for ours. 

will you stop going on about Gareth fuckin Barry! Great player, underrated blah blah blah.... the person some fans used to ptlraise to try and make themselves look like footballing officianados till they switched to Michael Carrick.

The fact of the matter is this - allardyce has had the best of our options this season and makes us look the worst.  He should ditch schneiderlein and play benginame so putting that to one side what's excuse for the rest of his fuck ups?  

Leggy Rooney playing against quick one touch quality midfielders.... most of us on here pointed this out whilst you were telling all and sundry how Rooney's performance against mighty BHA proved how shit Gana is..... not quite.  Most of us realised that Rooney is a playable luxury in midfield against shit sides.... gana is a necessary element against the better teams when he's not carrying schneiderlein....(of course your dislike for gana means that you will make him the scapegoat instead of the lazy arsed prick)

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Barry hasn't exactly helped West Brom this year... 

At the start of the season most clubs below the top 6 would have happily had our midfield. On paper it had what you needed. A shield and steady hand in Schneiderlin, Gana breaking up play and getting from box to box and Klaassen, the ex-Ajax captain who could also play box to box but with the quality to score and create. After that you still had the young talent of Davies and even Ross at that point with McCarthy to come back too. That is as many options as any team below us could wish for. 

The season has played out in a very unexpected way. Even those that weren't enamoured by Koeman wouldn' have expected this. Schneiderlin has fallen off a cliff, Gueye is the same as always, Davies hasn't improved, Klaassen has barely seen the pitch, Ross has gone and McCarthy did great when he did come in but then suffered that terrible injury. If you had predicted all of that, you would have a point, but I'm pretty sure you didn't.  For one reason or another, things just haven' worked out and the only positive is that we know which players we can rely on and which ones we can'.  

Barry hasn' exactly covered himself in glory this season. He has been heavily involved in the worst side in the league which have actually improved since he has been out of the side. He had the infamous taxi incident and earlier this month he was out clubbing the day before his teammates had a big game. Barry had as many bookings playing alongside McCarthy as he did alongside Gana and I would strongly argue that Koeman asking him to cover too much ground was as a big of a reason for the number of bookings last season with his aging legs than anything else. As you know I don' necessarily disagree with some of your thoughts on Gana but everything you have suggested is only a tiny reason among many others for what has happened this season. 

22 hours ago, Palfy said:

Blame Moshiri he's a fucking prick regardless of whether he's got money or not he can fuck off, because if he can't see the damage that fat cunt Allardyce is doing to this club then he's not a football man, so he can only be here to rape the club of money when the grounds built and the value of his shares rocket.

My old man always said never trust an Arab, mind you he was in the 2nd world war and they changed sides like changing their pants, but I'm beginning to get that feeling with Moshiri I don't trust him or his judgment.

😂😂😂..... for the thinking Evertonian !

If i was sam (& not at any point am i saying i resemble him in anyway as for 1 id need to be quite of few stone heavier) & i had any ounce of pride or point to prove. Because we are safe & for the next 4 games y doesnt he just tell the lads to go out & play with a bit of freedom. Give the players who lok like hav a bit of motivation & eagerness in training a run out & see wat happens.Better than goin for 0-0 draw. Roll on 5-0 win against newcastle?

6 minutes ago, hafnia said:

will you stop going on about Gareth fuckin Barry! Great player, underrated blah blah blah.... the person some fans used to ptlraise to try and make themselves look like footballing officianados till they switched to Michael Carrick.

The fact of the matter is this - allardyce has had the best of our options this season and makes us look the worst.  He should ditch schneiderlein and play benginame so putting that to one side what's excuse for the rest of his fuck ups?  

Leggy Rooney playing against quick one touch quality midfielders.... most of us on here pointed this out whilst you were telling all and sundry how Rooney's performance against mighty BHA proved how shit Gana is..... not quite.  Most of us realised that Rooney is a playable luxury in midfield against shit sides.... gana is a necessary element against the better teams when he's not carrying schneiderlein....(of course your dislike for gana means that you will make him the scapegoat instead of the lazy arsed prick)

Blah blah blah, little bit of strawman in, blah blah blah. Come back when you have an explanation instead waffling like a Conservative. 

Don't know why I'm bothering but pretty sure most on here admitted how great Barry was in the middle, he did have a wobble second season were his legs looked completely gone but then got back into form. Barry if anything carried Gana, Schneiderlin looks out of sorts as he's no Barry, he's not good enough to carry Gana most players aren't. No surprise Schneiderlin's best game, the derby, Gana was on the bench for the first hour. 

We're talking central midfield and Baningime has been available for all 3 managers. All could've played him. Alladyce is on a short term contract, less incentive to take the risk and play kids. As for the other positions Walsh and Koeman could have bought replacements it's not like they happened in the season other than Baines who is old and should have already BSK replaced. 

Don't know why you brought the Brighton game up? You gonna make some shit up and claim I said it again or you just going on a strawman tangent? 

Any how, struggling to see anything about why the midfield is sliced open every week or how Barry is out isn't the reason. Crack on. 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Barry hasn't exactly helped West Brom this year... 

At the start of the season most clubs below the top 6 would have happily had our midfield. On paper it had what you needed. A shield and steady hand in Schneiderlin, Gana breaking up play and getting from box to box and Klaassen, the ex-Ajax captain who could also play box to box but with the quality to score and create. After that you still had the young talent of Davies and even Ross at that point with McCarthy to come back too. That is as many options as any team below us could wish for. 

The season has played out in a very unexpected way. Even those that weren't enamoured by Koeman wouldn' have expected this. Schneiderlin has fallen off a cliff, Gueye is the same as always, Davies hasn't improved, Klaassen has barely seen the pitch, Ross has gone and McCarthy did great when he did come in but then suffered that terrible injury. If you had predicted all of that, you would have a point, but I'm pretty sure you didn't.  For one reason or another, things just haven' worked out and the only positive is that we know which players we can rely on and which ones we can'.  

Barry hasn' exactly covered himself in glory this season. He has been heavily involved in the worst side in the league which have actually improved since he has been out of the side. He had the infamous taxi incident and earlier this month he was out clubbing the day before his teammates had a big game. Barry had as many bookings playing alongside McCarthy as he did alongside Gana and I would strongly argue that Koeman asking him to cover too much ground was as a big of a reason for the number of bookings last season with his aging legs than anything else. As you know I don' necessarily disagree with some of your thoughts on Gana but everything you have suggested is only a tiny reason among many others for what has happened this season. 

He's nearly 40, he carried Gana last year, can't expect him to carry 10 more this.

He's only got 4 yellows compared to 10 last season albeit having played 2 games less. A lot of his yellows were covering for teammates. 

I don't think they would, at the start of the season I said Barry and Davies should be our starters as they're our best two. No comment on Barkley Klaassen as they are AMs. They're not the reason we're getting demolished through the middle every week. 

The midfield leaves huge gaps behind them. Rooney is at fault for giving the ball away easily or not having enough legs and then there's Schneiderlin the shithouse, but for the most part it's Gana as he's never goalside.