IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

11 hours ago, Paddock said:

I haven’t got the tweet now as I was in work when I read it but apparently Sharpe has said live on radio that Allerdyces football isn’t good enough for Everton and you would like to think that a potential new manager would have been told to watch our last few games to see who he wants to keep/get rid of.

As a fan from across the pond, I was curious if the locals were feeling just as jaded as I was about Sam from miles away. Turns out it doesn't matter where you are tuning in from, or your level/years of expertise on the game, it's a perpetually utterly disappointing approach to matchday. 

I'm looking forward to a new appointment this summer, hopefully a real flip up, a bold tactician. Shame Tuchel has landed in Paris. Need someone who will embrace and bring the litany of youth players we have rising through the ranks to fruition. Brighter days ahead. 

2 hours ago, Karma Cop said:

As a fan from across the pond, I was curious if the locals were feeling just as jaded as I was about Sam from miles away. Turns out it doesn't matter where you are tuning in from, or your level/years of expertise on the game, it's a perpetually utterly disappointing approach to matchday. 

I'm looking forward to a new appointment this summer, hopefully a real flip up, a bold tactician. Shame Tuchel has landed in Paris. Need someone who will embrace and bring the litany of youth players we have rising through the ranks to fruition. Brighter days ahead. 

Tuchel would have been a perfect fit. The new tactical era of European football will be German Era IMO. It has started with Jupp Hynckes' Bayern and continued by Klopp on Dortmund but interrupted by Guardiola's Barça (still, it was a tactic perfected by Germans) now both Guardiola's and Klopp's approaches in the UK and Hyncknes' return to Bayern shows that "Gegenpress" or its variants will dominate the European football for a couple of years.

If I were the person who is going to pick a manager for Everton, I would celebrate Sam's departure first than would focus on promising German managers who have "the gegenpress" or its variants in his repertoire. On the other hand, they are disciplined, can get their hands dirty whenever needed.

But... You need a bunch of players who can adapt themselves to it. Stamina and pace are the key factors. So, I don't know, needs a lot of investment. Any manager with an attacking approach would work basically. Uhm, let's say any other manager whose skills, general football perspective %1 better than Sam's works for Everton.

I have never seen a manager who constantly blames individuals or the whole team when they lose a game and credits himself for the wins. His ego is bigger than his size.

3 hours ago, rubecula said:

before we get rid of the manager  let us at least have one lined up to replace him, not sure I could take another debacle in desperation.

You'd hope they have had more than enough time to have this sorted.

By now, minds are surely made up about Allardyce.

Please....no more embarrasment!

Unless the shower running our club give out 18 month deals to managers they want to keep and haven't been watching the football and listening to the shite that comes from this fellas gob then I expect them to be hot on their recruitment drive.

I expect a new manger to be announced pretty soon. 

10 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He’s going to say that being 5months into a 18month contract - he’ll probably try to milk us for every penny in the summer for ‘unfair dismissal’ as, in his opinion, he’s doing a great job. With the window opening so soon after the season, we need our new manager (wishful/hopeful thinking) in place before that window opens - or at least Brands or whoever will be in charge of transfer dealings/our long term vision.

I'm at the point of barely even taking notice of match days. I know the result will be average at best, the performance dog shit before a ball is kicked - what's to get excited about? All I'm waiting for is for this fat, useless, arrogant abomination of a manager to get sacked so the club I love can put this nightmare of a season behind us and start to build some self respect again. The problem is, and what genuinely terrifies me, is I can genuinely see a scenario where the sacking doesn't come and we have to put up with this bullshit all over again next season. In which case I just don't see how I can be arsed to care. We all know what next season will be like if he's in charge. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If he’s here next season I’m either going to follow Swindon Town or I might give Forest Green Rovers a look only half hour down the road at least there Eco friendly, unlike the horrible toxic twat we’ve got as a manager. 

My brother goes there a lot, he only lives ten miles down the road.....apart from the fact that he's currently based in Hamburg and working in Qatar so travel is a bit problematic for the moment; loves it though when he gets there.

So Sam thinks he's been a success this season? I hope to God he's just trolling us and knows he's going with a year of his contract in his back pocket. Letting him trim our squad to 25 as he is threatening will set us back another two years.

The interview they keep peddling on SSN shows everything about him (and potentially our owners too). We had 24 games to play when he signed, a few points above the relegation zone and he considers that his job was to solely keep us up. A side that was being tipped to challenge the top 4 in the pre-season.

We all know he had to steady the ship but European places have been well within our grasp after those first couple of games and if he saw his role to simply maintain that gap between us and the relegation zone and not try to achieve much more then it shows just what type of dickhead he is. 

He doesn't want to accept that he should have done much more and that not doing so is a failure of his managerial skills and instead he pushes this crap instead. He said he wanted to be a part of the project, he wanted to be here for a long time, and yet he is telling the world, and more importantly his players, that he is happy with being mildly better than relegation fodder.

I plead to those with power at the club to get rid of him now and not to allow that seed of negativity and mediocrity to grow any bigger. I' rather watch Unsy take over and lose every game than have this fraud connected to the club any longer.

We need to accept we are not a quick fix at the moment. I think we have Fonseca lined up in the summer - otherwise Sam would be out now and someone like Marco Silva in. 

I hate that we are going to waste these last 5 so games and be left with the same questions we had at Christmas such as -

klassen - good enough or not - give him games to find out and settle, there’s really no pressure now.

Mori - been here for years and I still don’t know if he is good.

Jags has steadied the back 4 ( Keane has looked better but still scetchy ) but we can’t expect him to carry on next season. We need to partner Mori/Keane/Holgate or decide if we need to buy another and who to move on.

Vlasic needs time - bolasie could do with coming out of the firing line, fans would be more forgiving of Vlasic putting in these kinds of performances for 1/2 games as he is potential still.