IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

Post match interview - What is he on about! I’m furious with Allardyce keep on banging on about the relegation zone. We’re 9th and should be looking up not down. We are Everton. He’s not in charge of a West Ham, Bolton, Sunderland or Palace now. I’ve not considered being anywhere near the relegation zone in over a decade. I’m sure he hates the Everton fans. How can the players take him seriously when he’s talking utter garbage. Please let’s get rid. I feel stronger about this than the managers weve parted company with. 

As has been touched on before, he's talking us down in order to make believe that he had done an exceptional job. That he has performed better than anyone could have expected.

He's trying to talk himself into keeping his job. For me, he's talking himself out of a job.

As has been pointed out, it's a very Moyesesque approach.

49 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

As has been touched on before, he's talking us down in order to make believe that he had done an exceptional job. That he has performed better than anyone could have expected.

He's trying to talk himself into keeping his job. For me, he's talking himself out of a job.

I do worry that he will convince Moshiri to keep him and extend his contact, or am I just having a don’t panic moment 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Always been worried about this.

Evertonians should not be in a position where they may contemplate wanting the team to lose for the greater good of the club but that is where we are. Dalglish got sacked for finishing 7th despite winning a cup! Look at them now. League contenders and in many other seasons could arguably classed as good enough to win the title.

Ffs it annoyed the utter crap out of me when people celebrated 6th place finishes under moyes.... ever watched athletics and seen some bloke from costa Rica  celebrate bronze medal like he had won gold? .... you think "blimey.... he must have set his sights low" but you look and see the American in silver place look gutted.... that is what we need to be.

The days of low money lower expectations need to be banished.  We are spending money - either get in the mix with the top 4 or get gone.

Allardyce is in the moyes pardew and pulis school of "average is ok"......  I'm not ok with that. 

38 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Always been worried about this.

Evertonians should not be in a position where they may contemplate wanting the team to lose for the greater good of the club but that is where we are. Dalglish got sacked for finishing 7th despite winning a cup! Look at them now. League contenders and in many other seasons could arguably classed as good enough to win the title.

Ffs it annoyed the utter crap out of me when people celebrated 6th place finishes under moyes.... ever watched athletics and seen some bloke from costa Rica  celebrate bronze medal like he had won gold? .... you think "blimey.... he must have set his sights low" but you look and see the American in silver place look gutted.... that is what we need to be.

The days of low money lower expectations need to be banished.  We are spending money - either get in the mix with the top 4 or get gone.

Allardyce is in the moyes pardew and pulis school of "average is ok"......  I'm not ok with that. 

Everyone is spending money because of the tv money - We have nowhere near the finance of Spurs even.

4 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Everyone is spending money because of the tv money - We have nowhere near the finance of Spurs even.

Im sure I read somewhere we are the 6th highest spenders in Europe this season or something along those lines, Mike will check he’s always correcting my exaggerations which I have no problem with 🤥😡, anyhow the point I wanted to make was we haven’t spent wisely in the positions we needed to and with some of the players we’ve brought. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Im sure I read somewhere we are the 6th highest spenders in Europe this season or something along those lines, Mike will check he’s always correcting my exaggerations which I have no problem with 🤥😡, anyhow the point I wanted to make was we haven’t spent wisely in the positions we needed to and with some of the players we’ve brought. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-make-most-of-wembley-factor-as-they-climb-rich-list-with-305m-revenue-a3747586.html

35 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

We had tv money before moshiri..... what did we spend?  Nowt really. Always selling to buy.

The fact of the matter is we have spent a fortune on players of the ilk of sigurdson, Walcott, tosun, etc etc. Absolutely no excuse for the pitiful level of football and on pitch ambition that we've seen.

Just now, hafnia said:

We had tv money before moshiri..... what did we spend?  Nowt really. Always selling to buy.

The fact of the matter is we have spent a fortune on players of the ilk of sigurdson, Walcott, tosun, etc etc. Absolutely no excuse for the pitiful level of football and on pitch ambition that we've seen.

Actually, the tv money drastically increased at the beginning of 2016/2017 from prior levels, making the PL hands down the richest league in the world. Moshiri bought his stake in March 2016, for reference. 

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Im sure I read somewhere we are the 6th highest spenders in Europe this season or something along those lines, Mike will check he’s always correcting my exaggerations which I have no problem with 🤥😡,

We were fifth highest gross spenders last Summer according to this with £149m splashed but I'm guessing we were far a lot further down the list when it comes to net spend (which is far more relevant) because we brought in close to £100m in sales.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We were fifth highest gross spenders last Summer according to this with £149m splashed but I'm guessing we were far a lot further down the list when it comes to net spend (which is far more relevant) because we brought in close to £100m in sales.

Don't spoil it Mike I nearly got something right instead of exaggerating I was quite conservative for once, I thank you for your input for once😁

43 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Actually, the tv money drastically increased at the beginning of 2016/2017 from prior levels, making the PL hands down the richest league in the world. Moshiri bought his stake in March 2016, for reference. 

Yep.... about £40m increase but we have spent exponentionally far more than that. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Many of us have been sayin he needs to be gone for months.  Does anyone actually want him to stay?

Even if someone did want him to stay you'd be a brave man to come out with it on here, it would amount to signing your own death warrant you'd be shot down in seconds.

I don't think there's anyone who wants him to stay bar Moshiri or he would have sacked him by now and Sammy Lee because he's a red and he's loving what's happening.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Even if someone did want him to stay you'd be a brave man to come out with it on here, it would amount to signing your own death warrant you'd be shot down in seconds.

I don't think there's anyone who wants him to stay bar Moshiri or he would have sacked him by now and Sammy Lee because he's a red and he's loving what's happening.

I actually think Sammy Lee is a decent footy bloke. All about the team. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

All about the money the money ka-ching ka-ching.💰😁