IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Do we have an update on his injury? All I can find is from April when they reckoned he'd be out until November so close to getting back maybe, I know he's a bit crap but he's surely a better option than Rondón.

They'll be in competition to show who’s the shittest I think. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Do we have an update on his injury? All I can find is from April when they reckoned he'd be out until November so close to getting back maybe, I know he's a bit crap but he's surely a better option than Rondón.

He was back in training last month

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/things-spotted-everton-training-news-21599552

22 hours ago, FairWooney said:

is Cenk actually in the named squad to be able to play?

If so he should definitely at least be on the bench...you know rather than 2 keepers!

Don’t they have to have two keepers with the nine subs? I thought it was part of the rule change. Sure I heard it on TalkSPORT or radio 5 when it all started. Might be wrong though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Not really, Jelavic scored goals. 

Briefly, if you remove his opening burst in the second half of 2011/12 from his record stats are...

Jelavić 10 goals in 53 games.

Tosun 11 goals in 59 games.

Also, don't have the numbers to hand but I'd be willing to bet Tosun made more sub appearances so likely on a goals per minute basis he'd be the more "prolific". I'd start him over Rondon all day long.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Briefly, if you remove his opening burst in the second half of 2011/12 from his record stats are...

Also, don't have the numbers to hand but I'd be willing to bet Tosun made more sub appearances so likely on a goals per minute basis he'd be the more "prolific". I'd start him over Rondon all day long.

But if you don't remove relevant data, it's much better and that burst had a big impact on the season.  Tosun hasn't done that

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Tosun's been far more of a drain on the club than Jelavic ever was. 

12 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

"Tosun’s lack of minutes for Everton this season have convinced him his future lies elsewhere"

It took him 4 years of running down his contract and banking a wage that no other club in the world would come close to paying for him to realise this? 

God I'll be so happy when we finally clear out the last few dregs of those nightmare signings we made when we suddenly had cash and spunked it up every wall we could find on the likes of Tosun, Walcott, Bolassie and Iwobi. 

Jelavic was sensational when he first signed for us, he was honestly unplayable in those first six months where everything he touched (literally) found the back of the net. 

He admitted himself that he skipped training a few times that summer and when the next season started he was already off the pace - never really got it back and ended up at Hull and then in the lower leagues of the Chinese League.

In regards to Tosun, he would have been OK as a third choice but never good enough to be first (or second) choice IMO, though his horrendous injury won't have helped matters. 

I don't begrudge him sitting on his wage either, anyone in his shoes would do the same. 

On 30/12/2021 at 08:45, MikeO said:

Thanks. That’s the point I was making. Strong start then a major drop off in performance.