IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur (Away) Saturday January 13th

markjazzbassist

3 minutes ago, nogs said:

There's no easy fix to this. Allardyce isn'ttt good enough to lick Pochettinos boots, we're a million miles from competing with the top 6. As Everton fans were deluding ourselves if we think there is any hope in hell of achieving anything other than mid table for two, three, maybe four seasons ahead. That's how far we've fallen and I'm afraid the reasons lie right at the top with Moshiri. Sad times. 

Really, seeing as we finished 7th last season, I find that statement far to pessimistic.

Typical of some Everton fans, we are either amazing or crap, the fact is we have a good squad but not a great squad, we cannot compete with the top 6 yet, but we are better than most of the other teams in the league. 

We need a left back and for us to have a settled match squad and team, and a manager who can mold us into a proper footballing team.

Just now, memmaclub2 said:

I slated martinez and called for his head but I regret that now. Koeman cost us lukaku and barkley, With them in the squad you bring in quality to play alongside he did something that got rid of both.

Half agree. At least Martinez only had one problem. 

2 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

13 days into the window and not a sniff of a left back being signed. 

Bolassie- so poor but clearly not fit from the first whistle. 

Gylfi- poor but then again he not a fucking defensive midfielder.

lennon- did he come on?

Cuco- just lost for words for this feeble excuse for a footballer.

the rest of the team have been just as bad.

How long can you justify bolasies performances on fitness. If that's the case then Sam needs sacking for playing an unfit player. Nothing to do with fitness when he tried to roll his foot over the ball at every opportunity only to lose posession time and time again... One trick pony

I don't think it's a question of ability, it's all mental for me. The talent is there but the morale is so low, that no one believes in themselves or team mates

There is no doubt we have some very talented individuals , but the squad is totally unbalanced, there is no shape at all

You simply can’t play half a season in the Premiership without a LB or a CF

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Really, seeing as we finished 7th last season, I find that statement far to pessimistic.

Typical of some Everton fans, we are either amazing or crap, the fact is we have a good squad but not a great squad, we cannot compete with the top 6 yet, but we are better than most of the other teams in the league. 

We need a left back and for us to have a settled match squad and team, and a manager who can mold us into a proper footballing team.

Really, if you still think we have a good squad, I honestly don't know what to say to you. We don't. We're bang average, we are exactly where we deserve to be. 

If I see another ball passed from an Everton player to our back line only to see it smashed forward to an unchallenged Spurs backline I’m going to lose my mind.

Watched every game this year and here’s my take...

Pickford - our keeper for the next 10 years if he doesn’t leave for CL side first.

Jags - shit and two years past it. More times than not is hammering the ball back to the opposing team.

Kenny - young and getting ripped apart due to his positioning. Does not get forward near enough. Seamus can’t get back fast enough but who knows what he’ll be like on return.

Martina - makes me think I could jump on a plane and start at Everton tomorrow. The worst player to play for EFC in 10 years. Baines must be really hurting.

McCarthy - can tackle but then has no idea what to do with the ball. He can go too...

Ghana - decent, hard working ball winner.

Holgate - bright spot but still young.

#2 - I refuse to speak his name... £27million for this??!! Must have had pictures of Koeman in compromising positions. Competing with Martina for worst player ever...

Rooney - wise but old legs and slow.

Siggy - cannot blame a guy for the price tag someone else puts on him. He MUST PLAY IN THE MIDDLE AHEAD OF ROONEY - there I said it. Couldn’t tackle a paper bag full of feathers. It’s not what he was bought for but then again EFC insist on playing him as a winger which he’s not either.

Klassen - I don’t actually believe he exists. 

Bolasse - another bright spot but coming back from brutal injury.

Tosun - gets a pass today.

Calvert-Lewin - a racehorse but young. Has not show the class I’d like to see around the box for a striker.

Lookman - doesn’t play enough. I’d loan him out if we’re not going to use him.

Lennon - doesn’t get the ball enough in good positions. He’s not good enough to produce chances himself. He is average at best.

All in all our team is shit and 40pts can’t come fast enough. 2 shots on target over the last 3 games is dumbfounding...

2 minutes ago, yamar said:

How long can you justify bolasies performances on fitness. If that's the case then Sam needs sacking for playing an unfit player. Nothing to do with fitness when he tried to roll his foot over the ball at every opportunity only to lose posession time and time again... One trick pony

I think the derby game took it out of him. IMO he looked fucked from the off today, also a little over weight. Agree he needs to stop doing that shit trick. 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

Really, if you still think we have a good squad, I honestly don't know what to say to you. We don't. We're bang average, we are exactly where we deserve to be. 

I think we are lucky to be where we are, a number of games under sam where we could have lost easily. not many we could have won. I agree the squad look average but the recruitment has been shite schiderlin bolassie gylfi keane  all over £25 million joke. Walcott will be another squad player.

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Canadian Bluenose said:

If I see another ball passed from an Everton player to our back line only to see it smashed forward to an unchallenged Spurs backline I’m going to lose my mind.

Pickford - our keeper for the next 10 years if he doesn’t leave for CL side first.

Jags - shit and two years past it. More times than not is hammering the ball back to the opposing team.

Kenny - young and getting ripped apart due to his positioning. Does not get forward near enough. Seamus can’t get back fast enough but who knows what he’ll be like on return.

Martina - makes me think I could jump on a plane and start at Everton tomorrow. The worst player to play for EFC in 10 years. Baines must be really hurting.

McCarthy - can tackle but then has no idea what to do with the ball. He can go too...

#2 - I refuse to speak his name... £27million for this??!! Must have had pictures of Koeman in compromising positions. Competing with Martina for worst player ever...

Siggy - cannot blame a guy for the price tag someone else puts on him. He MUST PLAY IN THE MIDDLE AHEAD OF ROONEY - there I said it. Couldn’t tackle a paper bag full of feathers. It’s not what he was bought for but then again EFC insist on playing him as a winger which he’s not either.

Calvert-Lewin - a racehorse but young. Has not show the class I’d like to see around the box for a striker.

Lennon - doesn’t get the ball enough in good positions. He’s not good enough to produce chances himself. He is average at best.

All in all our team is shit and 40pts can’t come fast enough. 2 shots on target over the last 3 games is dumbfounding...

Agree on all except gueye...... you could use the words you wrote for mcarthy to describe gueye.

9 minutes ago, London Blue said:

We had that with Martinez and got rid of him, Moshiri has let this club down money doesn't buy common sense and he hasn't any, we could be in this mess until he has relinquished control of the team decisions

8 minutes ago, Jeff the Canadian Bluenose said:

Don't agree with all you say but great first contribution Jeff; welcome to the madhouse, hope you stick around. Don't think we have a Canadian despite having a load of blokes from that strange place to your south.

Someone posted earlier saying we are going to be mid-table for the next two or three seasons.  At the moment, I would settle for that.

Today,  we play a new striker and surprise, surprise, play him as a lone striker.  In his first game in the Premiership he should have had DCL or Niasse starting with him, but that would have meant Sam sacrificing a midfielder/defender.

17 minutes ago, Jeff the Canadian Bluenose said:

Thought here's someone who's talking a bit of sense then you went and ruined it by calling Gana a hardworking ball winner, we would better off with him watching the game in the stands than having him watch it on the pitch and being a waste of a player

33 minutes ago, nogs said:

Lets see where we are after the summer when hopefully we get a new manager and repair the damage Koeman did.

I would say Pickford, Kenny, Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Davies, Gana, Schneiderlin, Vlasic, Lookman, Bolasie, Siggy, DCL, Cenk, DCL are good players.

I think Klaassen, Sandro will be good players next season when they have adapted to life in the premier league.

We need reinforcements in left back and that's about it. WE just need a manager who knows how to use them.

2 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:
1 hour ago, MikeO said:
Don't agree with all you say but great first contribution Jeff; welcome to the madhouse, hope you stick around. Don't think we have a Canadian despite having a load of blokes from that strange place to your south.

Watch it, Mike!

I said it was a strange "place"; I think all our members from said place are sound despite their surroundings;).

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Lets see where we are after the summer when hopefully we get a new manager and repair the damage Koeman did.

I would say Pickford, Kenny, Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Davies, Gana, Schneiderlin, Vlasic, Lookman, Bolasie, Siggy, DCL, Cenk, DCL are good players.

I think Klaassen, Sandro will be good players next season when they have adapted to life in the premier league.

We need reinforcements in left back and that's about it. WE just need a manager who knows how to use them.

Klaassen looks like he'll be gone this window. Gana and Schneiderlin have been consistently rubbish at best. Not sure how you can say Tosun is any good yet. Allardyce will be in charge next season. DCL only counts once... 

Look, I only see it as I see it, be as positive as you like. But I see a very average Prem side with virtually no prospect of improving without wholesale changes. And yes I agree totally that the manager is part of that problem, but it is only a part. No manager in the world would get this group competing with the top 6 because they are no where near good enough. 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

Klaassen looks like he'll be gone this window. Gana and Schneiderlin have been consistently rubbish at best. Not sure how you can say Tosun is any good yet. Allardyce will be in charge next season. DCL only counts once... 

Look, I only see it as I see it, be as positive as you like. But I see a very average Prem side with virtually no prospect of improving without wholesale changes. And yes I agree totally that the manager is part of that problem, but it is only a part. No manager in the world would get this group competing with the top 6 because they are no where near good enough. 

The vast majority of this squad got us 7th last season so of course we can get that again next season with a decent manager who can get us playing "Everton" football.

Gana and Schneiderlin have been both good and poor in different games this season. The trouble is they should not play together, it just does not work.

DCL is that good he deserves to be mentioned twice :P

I think its time to remove the rose tinted glasses, Martinez was a one trick poney kept repeating the same old mistakes thats why he was sacked we were going backwards rapidly,

no defense no picking up at corners and a bottle less team, the worst display i have seen at anfield in 40 years.. Ronald mcdonald  just wanted total football so he bought 20 midfielders

As for big Sam and little Sam im not going to call for there heads, its to soon.

If it does not work out for Sam so be it but looking back is not the answer, they were sacked for very good reasons they failed.

We need to look forward.