IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur (Away) Saturday January 13th

markjazzbassist

55 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Missed the match, watched the 5 min highlights and am glad I missed it.

fuck off already sam.

Haha!

But its not just Sam's fault - these wankers literally can't pass forward....well, some can't pass at all. Maybe pass gas, but that's about it. Don't bother watching one minute of it. Horrendous. 

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

Don't agree with all you say but great first contribution Jeff; welcome to the madhouse, hope you stick around. Don't think we have a Canadian despite having a load of blokes from that strange place to your south.

Actually second Canuck. Despite my user name I'm actually in Victoria BC.

Just saw Big Sam’s post game rant.

W-O-W!!! And that’s not the good kind of wow. He was actually upset we tried to go forward at 2nil down...   He described them as “Unprofessional”. I no longer understand the English Language. Unprofessional would mean they just pack up shop. They didn’t - the team as a whole is just shit with no direction. I honestly think deep down Big Sam feels that Everton’s season might come down to goal difference - what a scary thought. Here’s another thought Big Sam - play with five attacking players that actually want to attack and give us a chance to play with the lead or at least play with some type of consistency of line up.

Rooney (think Paul Scholes), Tosun, Siggy (share the middle Wazza), Bolasse (fat or not) and Mirallas to start (don’t give a shit about feelings, on this team Mirallas should be playing). Lookman, Calvert-Lewin and Lennon (being nice) subs. Back three of Keane, Williams and Holgate until Coleman comes back. Protect these three with a MAXIMUM of two of the following - McCarthy, Gueye, #2, Davies, Vlasic or Besic. If this guy we’ve apparently signed named Klassen ever reappears we might want to play him also. Hmmm - Ex-Captain of Ajax and Europa League finalist might be worth giving more than three games to see what he adjust to in the EPL. We’ve basically given Rooney the keys to the city and we KNOW his arrow is downward trending. 

I have no idea what we have for a team and have watched every minute of every game. Lone striker... please make it stop... shocked to have 27 points but forever hopeful. Cnajfiehsnfjaidb - sorry that was me smashing my head against the keyboard... COYB - 😢

2 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Actually second Canuck. Despite my user name I'm actually in Victoria BC.

I lived on Vancouver Island and in Vancouver for a couple of years. Beautiful part of the world. I was there the year the Canucks got to the Stanley Cup final (exciting!) only to be destroyed by the Bruins in the final (not so exciting!).

what strikes me is the fact we all watched tha same game.....  I think.  and we all have a different take on it.

Yes we were hammered, but in the first half we held our own, then the second half happened.  Why did we fall apart like that?  solve this and we will be on a winner.

1 minute ago, rubecula said:

what strikes me is the fact we all watched tha same game.....  I think.  and we all have a different take on it.

Yes we were hammered, but in the first half we held our own, then the second half happened.  Why did we fall apart like that?  solve this and we will be on a winner.

We fell apart for the same reason we get beaten by Liverpool, battered by southampton and other shit teams.... we are mentally weak.  Whole club is a mess. 

There is no glue in this Everton side keeping it together. They do not play as a unit. The passing and interplay must be the worst in the league. Part of the problem is the total absence of a nr 10 working his socks off. Our back 4 is not doing the basics right and makes the whole team nervous. As yet we do not have a reliable striker. Gilfy is not a left wing. Roony is no more than a poacher. We do not have enough players capable of scoring regularly in the PL. Walcott will make no big difference. Get a proper nr 10 first  - FOR EVERTON'S SAKE !

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

We fell apart for the same reason we get beaten by Liverpool, battered by southampton and other shit teams.... we are mentally weak.  Whole club is a mess. 

I think part of the mentality is that the players know we're so vulnerable on our left hand side. Martina is 100% liability and Siggy isn'tt a winger, let alone one who can provide cover for any full back. Spurs targeted our left side as any one would and killed us off. As others have said we were OK in the first half, second half we fell apart, same as we did against Man U ( a game we could have won IMO at half time)

By being so unbalanced on the left, Siggy is not being played in his best position, and contributes very little.

We need to get support closer to our CF, thumping the ball up from defence expecting Tosun/DCL/ anyone to be able to win the ball, hold off defenders and then create a chance is pure wishful thinking.

Being unbalanced and having a manager who's focus is snatching a 1-0 win in every game doesn't sit well and is going to make the rest of  the season a tough time, Sam is not the right man for us and I hope that he goes at the end of the season.

Also many are saying Moshiri is a fault with everything, does he sanction every signing and team sheet selection? If not colpuld someone explain why a nd how he's at fault please.

14 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

There is no doubt we have some very talented individuals , but the squad is totally unbalanced, there is no shape at all

You simply can’t play half a season in the Premiership without a LB or a CF

That all comes down to the manager though. Apart from LB, we have players that can play in all the other positions, but are not being picked by the manager. That's why I'm saying the squad isn'tt the issue, the people picking the team are along with the fact the squads morale is rock bottom

1 hour ago, Jeff the Canadian Bluenose said:

We did not hold anything most certainly are own. We were shit from minute 1. I’m glad you clarified your sobriety cause only then does your comment make sense. 

hard to read just now so excuse the time it took to respond.   Not sure where the sobriety enters the conversation, I did not mention it.  I  can not make head or tail what you are talking about.  sorry.

It's a frustrating season for all of us. For different reasons, that is. But we'll get through it and hopefully the mental and tactical things will get better. It has to...

Yes, there have been some signings that are hmm questionable and "someone" forgot to buy players for the right positions. Actually, I saw that problem last season even though a lot like to think we did quite well.

I'm not sure what it takes... or whom... but Sam is of course not the solution. His job is to create some stability on the team after Koemans fuck-up. What happen next is not easy to tell, but there is no doubt that the problems comes from the top. So we can blame this or that player - and we do:rolleyes: - but they're all professionals. So I blame the top of the club and will continue to do so until this mess is sorted out.

The complete lack of consistency in team selections and lack of any sort of spine is a major reason for this dreadful season, Pickford has been the only consistent player selected and performer this year, the other 10 have been shuffled around since August. If you look at our most successful seasons in the Premier League we had a settled 7/8 players in the starting XI and a proper spine, in Martinez's first season we had Howard, (prime) Jags, Barry, Barkley & Lukaku, we had the same back 4 for probably 80-90% of games that season compared to zero consistency this season, injuries have cost us in the full back positions but we've chopped and changed the centre back pairing and none of them have been very convincing. In midfield we've had no structure whatsoever, whether it's been Gana, Morgan, McCarthy or Davies we have lacked any shape in the middle and this has resulted in the back 4 having no protection. Up top obviously DCL has worked hard but he's had very little to work with due to our lack of pace and creativity from the 3 behind and his finishing needs to develop. With the 3 behind the striker each manager has tried to shoehorn players into positions they're not capable of playing, Rooney can be effective but his lack of pace means that the games he's played in from the start should be chosen wisely, Gylfi has look a lot better in the middle, his natural position and he needs to be the no.10 going forward, Bolasie is still working his way back to match fitness and should be in and out of the team until he is properly fit, the other wing looks like it's going to be Walcott who could be a threat if he gets firing, he will hopefully chip in with a few goals to ease the pressure of Tosun.

We obviously need a left back but we also need a commanding centre back who can take control of the back 4 and fully organise it, the amount of times the back line was diagonal instead of flat last night was atrocious. We also need a creative 'deep-lying playmaker' because at the moment we've just got a bunch of average CDM's, once again someone to organise the midfield and give them some shape like Barry did but with a creative streak. If Walcott comes in and Tosun turn's out to be a decent buy then the front four could be okay with Bolasie, Gylfi, Walcott and Tosun starting and Lookman, Rooney, Vlasic, Lennon (if he stays) and DCL/Niasse as back up. A lot of work needs to be done over the next 12-18 months to get the spine back in this team to potentially give us a platform to start to think about chipping away at the top 6.

9 hours ago, Jeff the Canadian Bluenose said:

Just saw Big Sam’s post game rant.

W-O-W!!! And that’s not the good kind of wow. He was actually upset we tried to go forward at 2nil down...   He described them as “Unprofessional”. I no longer understand the English Language. Unprofessional would mean they just pack up shop. They didn’t - the team as a whole is just shit with no direction. I honestly think deep down Big Sam feels that Everton’s season might come down to goal difference - what a scary thought. Here’s another thought Big Sam - play with five attacking players that actually want to attack and give us a chance to play with the lead or at least play with some type of consistency of line up.

Rooney (think Paul Scholes), Tosun, Siggy (share the middle Wazza), Bolasse (fat or not) and Mirallas to start (don’t give a shit about feelings, on this team Mirallas should be playing). Lookman, Calvert-Lewin and Lennon (being nice) subs. Back three of Keane, Williams and Holgate until Coleman comes back. Protect these three with a MAXIMUM of two of the following - McCarthy, Gueye, #2, Davies, Vlasic or Besic. If this guy we’ve apparently signed named Klassen ever reappears we might want to play him also. Hmmm - Ex-Captain of Ajax and Europa League finalist might be worth giving more than three games to see what he adjust to in the EPL. We’ve basically given Rooney the keys to the city and we KNOW his arrow is downward trending. 

I have no idea what we have for a team and have watched every minute of every game. Lone striker... please make it stop... shocked to have 27 points but forever hopeful. Cnajfiehsnfjaidb - sorry that was me smashing my head against the keyboard... COYB - 😢

Mirallas plays for Olympiakos.

2 hours ago, JTStanley1 said:

The complete lack of consistency in team selections and lack of any sort of spine is a major reason for this dreadful season, Pickford has been the only consistent player selected and performer this year, the other 10 have been shuffled around since August. If you look at our most successful seasons in the Premier League we had a settled 7/8 players in the starting XI and a proper spine, in Martinez's first season we had Howard, (prime) Jags, Barry, Barkley & Lukaku, we had the same back 4 for probably 80-90% of games that season compared to zero consistency this season, injuries have cost us in the full back positions but we've chopped and changed the centre back pairing and none of them have been very convincing. In midfield we've had no structure whatsoever, whether it's been Gana, Morgan, McCarthy or Davies we have lacked any shape in the middle and this has resulted in the back 4 having no protection. Up top obviously DCL has worked hard but he's had very little to work with due to our lack of pace and creativity from the 3 behind and his finishing needs to develop. With the 3 behind the striker each manager has tried to shoehorn players into positions they're not capable of playing, Rooney can be effective but his lack of pace means that the games he's played in from the start should be chosen wisely, Gylfi has look a lot better in the middle, his natural position and he needs to be the no.10 going forward, Bolasie is still working his way back to match fitness and should be in and out of the team until he is properly fit, the other wing looks like it's going to be Walcott who could be a threat if he gets firing, he will hopefully chip in with a few goals to ease the pressure of Tosun.

We obviously need a left back but we also need a commanding centre back who can take control of the back 4 and fully organise it, the amount of times the back line was diagonal instead of flat last night was atrocious. We also need a creative 'deep-lying playmaker' because at the moment we've just got a bunch of average CDM's, once again someone to organise the midfield and give them some shape like Barry did but with a creative streak. If Walcott comes in and Tosun turn's out to be a decent buy then the front four could be okay with Bolasie, Gylfi, Walcott and Tosun starting and Lookman, Rooney, Vlasic, Lennon (if he stays) and DCL/Niasse as back up. A lot of work needs to be done over the next 12-18 months to get the spine back in this team to potentially give us a platform to start to think about chipping away at the top 6.

I agree with the first part about consistency, I can' see how it helps motivation to come in one week and do well only to be dropped. 

The commanding CB is Williams for me. He wouldn' have let that shambles happen alongside Holgate. That pair plus Kenny are the best 3 of 4 defenders we have. 

In the middle it's a bit more difficult. I want a DM that will do the defensive job first and foremost. That will allow us to play more creative players ahead. Too many times against Spurs, Kane was able to drop deep into space when that should have been Gana or McCarthy covering. I'm not sure who should have been responsible for that space which can be the case when you play 2 DMs instead of one. Gana should sit and McCarthy and Rooney should have been allowed to break.

I don' like number 10's, I prefer movement and support from midfield. I'm not convinced that either Rooney or Siggy have the legs or discipline for it. Davies has both.

We still struggle wide. Bolasie is as frustrating as ever, Siggy needs to be played in the inside channel if he is going to be in that position (again I don' like number 10s) but it' not ideal for him. Vlasic is our best wide player but lacks defensively, Lookman is hit and miss and Lennon is a tireless worker but lacks quality. Walcott won't add anything to our build up to goal, he will only be a speed merchant that can finish (when he isn't injured). 

Tosun looks solid and DCL will always do a job but Niasse is only an impact player at best.

In my opinion if you use the following spine of players you will keep yourself in games and cause a threat.

Pickford

Kenny

Holgate

Williams

Gana

McCarthy 

Davies/Siggy/Rooney

Vlasic

Tosun

10 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Mirallas plays for Olympiakos.

Yes - my bad on Mirallas but point being it should not have got to that point... he should have been playing a regular role for this EFC squad. I saw the grinning Belgian at his introduction back to Olympiakos. Another mishandled ex-Evertonian as far as I’m concerned.

15 hours ago, rubecula said:

hard to read just now so excuse the time it took to respond.   Not sure where the sobriety enters the conversation, I did not mention it.  I  can not make head or tail what you are talking about.  sorry.

Tough intro to the forum. When you said hammered I thought you were referring to your alcohol intake and not a reference to the product on the field. I now understand you. I still did not see any positive or holding of our own at any point of the game. ReReading your original post I’ll be more sensible in the future.  

3 hours ago, Jeff the Canadian Bluenose said:

Yes - my bad on Mirallas but point being it should not have got to that point... he should have been playing a regular role for this EFC squad. I saw the grinning Belgian at his introduction back to Olympiakos. Another mishandled ex-Evertonian as far as I’m concerned.

I think the last 2 managers effectively destroyed him. Curious to see how he fares back in Greece.

5 hours ago, Jeff the Canadian Bluenose said:

Tough intro to the forum. When you said hammered I thought you were referring to your alcohol intake and not a reference to the product on the field. I now understand you. I still did not see any positive or holding of our own at any point of the game. ReReading your original post I’ll be more sensible in the future.  

nobody is sensitive to me Jeff,  just carry on as normal  and say what is in your heart/head/backside o where eve  not sure mow if this is the topic I said we all saw the same game and came to different conclusions,  I meant it is all about opinions. :)r

21 hours ago, Matt said:

That all comes down to the manager though. Apart from LB, we have players that can play in all the other positions, but are not being picked by the manager. That's why I'm saying the squad isn'ttt the issue, the people picking the team are along with the fact the squads morale is rock bottom

I really don't get how you can argue the squad is good enough. You're not the only one, but come on - this isn'tt just about tactics or morale, this is about having a squad that is far, far below expectations as a result of two years of dreadful recruitment. We're aiming for the top 6, right? We ask yourself honestly - how many of our squad would get a kick for any top 6 side? Aside from Pickford, I reckon none. 

8 minutes ago, rubecula said:

nobody is sensitive to me Jeff,  just carry on as normal  and say what is in your heart/head/backside o where eve  not sure mow if this is the topic I said we all saw the same game and came to different conclusions,  I meant it is all about opinions. :)r

Nice - look forward to future banter and opinions. Hoping the lads give us something to be a bit more positive about! 💙⚽️🇨🇦