IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Other than spurs and city I don’t know of anyone who has a starting quality FB or CB on their bench.  Most CB and FB are durable and holgate is good, he was good even under koeman.  Leicester won the league with the same 4 Backline the whole season.  We have a good keeper and good CM as well.  The area for me to spend the money is striker if we must.  I think we need to offload a lot of players before we can do anything though. The wage bill is massive and the squad is too big.

Totally agree about needing to offload some players and I’d like to see a striker come in as well. Leicester winning the league was just a freak though, we still need more depth at centre half. 

12 hours ago, Btay said:

No chance - we should be looking at a solid cb. Even a loan and agree a fee Zouma for next season. We can’t depend on a kid who played mostly as RB as our back up CB

Coleman was hit and miss - Blaine’s is almost done. 

I agree. We definitely need another starting CB and I presume one of the young lads will take the 4th position.

Personally I have no confidence in Holgate as a starting CB as he just doesnt concentrate enough for 90 minutes. He can get away with it at RB most of the time and he should be Colemans back up with Kenny gone.

With Baines signing, left back is sorted, at least from a first 11 perspective until January. I doubt they would have extended his contract if that wasnt the plan.

For me we need a RB Coleman only showed glimpse of his best form last season and Holgate would not make a good replacement if needed, we also need a CB Keane and Mina could make a good pairing but I worry about Minas ability to stay injury free all season, and Holgate is not good enough to stand in for either of them, we also need a striker our lack of goals to chances created is poor we need a frontman who can score regularly, because our two main strikers aren’t doing the business. 

In the echo tonight Marco has said he wants Zouma. After that he wants another three or four players. Let’s say we get Zouma. I think he wants three more and if gana goes that makes four. A striker a left footed winger and a right back. Then a like for like if gana goes 

That’s what I’ve been saying in the longest thread for Everton, but when I said it I was accused of wanting to completely change the team, well now you’ve heard it from the horses mouth I expect the Silva thread to be berating him for saying the same thing. 

So I still standby my stance that with the positions that have been earmarked for improvement we should have been seeing more business being done ✅ 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

For me we need a RB Coleman only showed glimpse of his best form last season and Holgate would not make a good replacement if needed, we also need a CB Keane and Mina could make a good pairing but I worry about Minas ability to stay injury free all season, and Holgate is not good enough to stand in for either of them, we also need a striker our lack of goals to chances created is poor we need a frontman who can score regularly, because our two main strikers aren’t doing the business. 

I thought Coleman did really well towards the end of the season. I wasnt convinced for the first half of the season but he turned it around. I guess the question is, if Coleman got injured on the day after the window closed, would we be happy with Holgate playing until January? 

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s what I’ve been saying in the longest thread for Everton, but when I said it I was accused of wanting to completely change the team, well now you’ve heard it from the horses mouth I expect the Silva thread to be berating him for saying the same thing. 

So I still standby my stance that with the positions that have been earmarked for improvement we should have been seeing more business being done ✅ 

Didn’t think you were berated Palf. Think you were just told not to worry so much. 

53 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought Coleman did really well towards the end of the season. I wasnt convinced for the first half of the season but he turned it around. I guess the question is, if Coleman got injured on the day after the window closed, would we be happy with Holgate playing until January? 

Kennys departure almost certainly means we will have another RB on the way in. 

16 hours ago, StevO said:

Didn’t think you were berated Palf. Think you were just told not to worry so much. 

Ok so I like to be a tad over dramatic with a slight bit of paranoia added in for good measure, so stop picking on me I can’t cope anymore the constant criticism is getting to me 😜👍

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Ok so I like to be a tad over dramatic with a slight bit of paranoia added in for good measure, so stop picking on me I can’t cope anymore the constant criticism is getting to me 😜👍

Aww sorry love, sending you hugs 😂

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I’ve got a feeling Zouma will stay at Chelsea and we will get somebody else. I’m hoping things start to happen pretty quickly. We deffo need to start unloading people 

With Silva coming out saying what he has said about Zouma, I'd hope that would mean there was a realistic chance that we could get him.I hope we do, but like you I am very sceptical. 

4 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Can we not do two for one deals? Buy a Niasse and get a free mirrallas?

Why stop there? Have a Bolasie and a Besic as well.

seriously though - brands has some massive work ahead of him cleaning up after Walsh and Koeman. 

I think now some of the European comps are coming to an end a lot more activity will happen. 

If we finish this window with additions like - Gomes, Zouma, Malcom, Kean, Lossl + 1st team rb while moving on players like    - Mirallas, Bolasie, Besic, Schniderlain, Niasse ect. Then the man deserves a statue