IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

When u post pal u fucking post. You need to lose that h out of your name. You carry on like that and you will be the GOAT 

Long story on where that h comes from, but suffice to say, for the last 15+ years when I need a user name, it's almost always available ;) 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Ghoat that’s an excellent post.

I think you’ve said in that post what we’ve pretty much all been saying all along. You should put an application in for coaching 😉

You can make wrong decisions, players may or may not listen to you, and have you seen a coach's body language during a match??  Fuck all that! I realized 15 or 16 years ago when I got my first ref kit, players have to listen - you have the cards and the book.  I may or may not have told a coach that he had a point, that I may have missed something, or overlooked a violation...but unless you misapply one of the Laws Of The Game, you are never wrong - back to having the cards and book.  Mistaken yes, wrong never ;)  I'm a happy guy - who seems to smile more in a match, coach/manager or ref? Plus as a ref, when BOTH coaches are madder than hell at you - smile, it means you probably had a good game!

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

He can't do that because it stands for "horseshit":P.

Fair point, MikeOh, fair point🤣

49 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I meant GOAT the greatest of all time. You post very sparingly but when you do it’s immense 

I followed ya, but I'm pretty unimpressed with myself all in all, and I don't take me too serious, but thanks :)  But the "h" has lead to a lot of unintended humor over the years "Dude, did you mean goat or ghost??" Or my baby girl, now 18, who says she is still bitter because she misspelled "goat" for years and will require therapy at some point. Dhrama queen....

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

I asked on here previously for anyone to name a team that has a Gana style player at Centre Mid and no one mentioned one. Closest is a few DMs being named as similar to him. There's a reason you won't find one. Most likely as you'll not find one training academy teaching players to play as recklessly as Gana. Football is a team game, more so when it comes to defending. All the coaching is about being a unit. Gana breaks that unit and leaves us exposed. We don't need an exact replacement. 

Doing exactly as his coach wants him to. Defending from the front alongside the attacking players, pushing the opposition back into their half and into errors. 

I’m worried when someone who doesn’t have Gana’s skill set tries to do this. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

So who plays that way for City and Liverpool (presumably the two you would agree are the most high press)?

Liverpool don’t play their midfield three the same way we do, but tend to have at least one runner from the three break forward to support the strikers in the press. 

Couldnt tell you what City do, not seen enough of them but when I have they seem to have about 200% possession anyway. 

We need to concentrate on winning the ball back as a team and not just think it’s the preserve of one player to go running around the pitch blindly looking for the ball but I don’t wish to dwell on the pros and cons of Gana we’ve debated that to much only to realise that Pete Bailey myself and I think Ghoat now are right 😀 

We need a MF that hunt like a pack of wolves when looking for the ball where everyone is working in a system, the pack is more successful as a team than as individuals who show disregard for the team, then you want a set of MFs who are comfortable in possession of the ball with vision and accuracy and the ability to retain the ball with a purpose. 

I don’t see a MF like that with Gana in it for me he is a loose cannon to much of an individual in an area that requires a pack ethic with discipline, maybe Delph is the player who can help deliver that alongside Gylfi and Gomes, but I will concede it didn’t look very convincing against Wigan, and when you saw how easily Gomes was beaten and left standing you couldn’t be blamed for thinking I wish Gana was there, but it’s early days and they need time too gel. 

Ghoat is definitely right Palf haha. 

Mint sure how your equating his post as agreeable with you though? He’s pretty much said what EVERYONE has been telling you guys from the start. Or does this mean we’ve finally turned your opinion?

Basically: 

Gana is great at what he does, but it’s a double edged sword. What you gain in one area, you lose in another. That’s what we’ve all accepted.

I do t think Ghoat is trying to say Gana is a useless headless chicken anywhere is he? I may be wrong though 😉

Kean seems like he would be a good addition, but have we ever done business with Juve, I don't recall anything?

Malcom may not address the striker issues, but given our relationship with Barca, that seems like a good possibility.

What happened with Neves, that's gone silent.

While we're stockpiling Brazilians with our inside man on the national team, have him work on Everton. Worth it just for the PR and bonanza for sports writers.

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

Ghoat is definitely right Palf haha. 

Mint sure how your equating his post as agreeable with you though? He’s pretty much said what EVERYONE has been telling you guys from the start. Or does this mean we’ve finally turned your opinion?

Basically: 

Gana is great at what he does, but it’s a double edged sword. What you gain in one area, you lose in another. That’s what we’ve all accepted.

I do t think Ghoat is trying to say Gana is a useless headless chicken anywhere is he? I may be wrong though 😉

I think everyone has agreed he can tackle even Pete and myself, but that’s it nothing else to offer the team Zero, fuck all, zilch. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think everyone has agreed he can tackle even Pete and myself, but that’s it nothing else to offer the team Zero, fuck all, zilch. 

Yes but that’s not what Ghoat was saying. Which is what I was saying. Soooo not sure where we’re going with this one 👀

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Haha same as all Everton fans, we all eventually turn to drink mate. 

Trying to hold of tonight as going to a fake festival tomorrow.

Excuse me for being thick but in what way is a fake festival fake haven’t been to one of them before. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Excuse me for being thick but in what way is a fake festival fake haven’t been to one of them before. 

It’s a summer festival with tribute acts. Meant to be tour grade acts playing so should be pretty good.

Blondie, Pink, Duran Duran, chilli peppers, Foo fighters and Queen.

Excuse for a get together and alcohol really haha!

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s a summer festival with tribute acts. Meant to be tour grade acts playing so should be pretty good.

Sounds great hope you get good weather mate, and if the girl in the Blondie act looks like the early Debbie then your in for a treat.

12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Went to one last year, Glastonbudget, very hit and miss but a great weekend with a few old mates. Any how avoid the Dolly Parton experience if she's at your one, sounds more like mickey mouse! Green Date, a Green Day tribute, were just as good as he real thing though. Enjoy mate. 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Went to one last year, Glastonbudget, very hit and miss but a great weekend with a few old mates. Any how avoid the Dolly Parton experience if she's at your one, sounds more like mickey mouse! Green Date, a Green Day tribute, were just as good as he real thing though. Enjoy mate. 

Cheers mate, really looking forward to it. Don’t get out much these days due to kids, so it’s a chance for me and the missus to let our hair down a bit.

Closing with Queen, so that should be a good sing along 🙂