IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Why should Silva have an appraisal in front of the media. I find it absolutely ridiculous that anyone actually listens to a word a manager says in a press conference, especially one where English isnt their first language. Its all about deflection and psychology. 

Fuck me, justifying a manager by saying he signed Walcott and Tosun. Both expensive and at least one on big wages and both unlikely to see a profit once inflation has been taken into account.

Mourinho 😂😂😂 You arent happy about Silva deflecting and yet you want Mourinho!? Hilarious.

He doesn't need an appraisal, just be shouldn't be blaming the club and indirectly blaming the players he's got. It's not just preseason, he done it all last year. Nothing was ever his fault. Always says someone never took a chance or the other team was lucky and we weren't. No language barrier issues in what he says, only ever deflects away from himself and his football philosophy. Mourinho for the most part does the opposite takes the pressure off the players. (althoue there was the Luke Shaw treatment which was out of order and got odd). Nearly every former player speaks of him with high regard, Matic followed him and Willian was keen to follow too. 

Walcott was a breath of fresh air, and even if he didn't kick a ball for us again he was worth every penny for adding some excitement to an otherwise unwatchable side. Tosun done a job for Alladyce, scored a few goals to keep us in the top half when people were scared we'd be in a relegation fight. We overpaid as it was January but he was always a risk signing (tbf to Alladyce be wanted Aubameyang, or so he claims). 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He doesn't need an appraisal, just be shouldn't be blaming the club and indirectly blaming the players he's got. It's not just preseason, he done it all last year. Nothing was ever his fault. Always says someone never took a chance or the other team was lucky and we weren't. No language barrier issues in what he says, only ever deflects away from himself and his football philosophy. Mourinho for the most part does the opposite takes the pressure off the players. (althoue there was the Luke Shaw treatment which was out of order and got odd). Nearly every former player speaks of him with high regard, Matic followed him and Willian was keen to follow too. 

Walcott was a breath of fresh air, and even if he didn't kick a ball for us again he was worth every penny for adding some excitement to an otherwise unwatchable side. Tosun done a job for Alladyce, scored a few goals to keep us in the top half when people were scared we'd be in a relegation fight. We overpaid as it was January but he was always a risk signing (tbf to Alladyce be wanted Aubameyang, or so he claims). 

Mourinho has torn into his players loads of times and for what its worth everyone  who has worked with him speaks highly of Marco too. 

What you have just said about Marco is basically every football manager and player in the land. Klopp blames the weather FFS, Wenger sees fuck all when it suits him and Fergie blamed the ref every 2nd sentence. 

Walcott was great for about 2 games and Im sure Marco would quite fancy Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar. If only ey.

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Mourinho has torn into his players loads of times and for what its worth everyone  who has worked with him speaks highly of Marco too. 

What you have just said about Marco is basically every football manager and player in the land. Klopp blames the weather FFS, Wenger sees fuck all when it suits him and Fergie blamed the ref every 2nd sentence. 

Walcott was great for about 2 games and Im sure Marco would quite fancy Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar. If only ey.

I've no problem if a manager kicks them up the backside now and again if they deserve it. But when the players aren't performing because of the system you shouldn't blame the players. Those other managers are distracting away from the players though, whereas Silva is doing it away from his poor tactics/decisions he's protecting himself whereas the other managers are protecting the club.

Other than Richarlison I don't see as much appreciation for Silva, although his career is a lot shorter. Time will tell. 

Walcott got a goal or an assist every 190 mins. 3g+3a /1153mins

Tosun had a similar contribution with 5 goals in 991 minutes. One every 198 mins. 

Between the two of them they got 8 of the 19 goals we scored. Alladyce got the best out of them. Whereas Silva tried to force Tosun into a system that he doesn't suit. Good managers adapt to the players they have. 

10 hours ago, pete0 said:

I've no problem if a manager kicks them up the backside now and again if they deserve it. But when the players aren't performing because of the system you shouldn't blame the players. Those other managers are distracting away from the players though, whereas Silva is doing it away from his poor tactics/decisions he's protecting himself whereas the other managers are protecting the club.

Other than Richarlison I don't see as much appreciation for Silva, although his career is a lot shorter. Time will tell. 

Walcott got a goal or an assist every 190 mins. 3g+3a /1153mins

Tosun had a similar contribution with 5 goals in 991 minutes. One every 198 mins. 

Between the two of them they got 8 of the 19 goals we scored. Alladyce got the best out of them. Whereas Silva tried to force Tosun into a system that he doesn't suit. Good managers adapt to the players they have. 

Fans wanted a change to the system. They got it with Silva. We can't have it both ways.

57 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Fans wanted a change to the system. They got it with Silva. We can't have it both ways.

I expect a manager to play a player to his strengths. How Silva uses Tosun is baffling especially when he comes on as a sub. 

No problem changing the system but it should be one that works for the players you've got, there needs to be flexibility depending on the opposition as well. As far as I can see we have no plan B and players are being pigeon holed into roles they're not suited to. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Joe royle doing the business. So he should. Would hope tranmere get a few loans out of us aswell. 

Me too, loans to Tranmere could be ideal for all parties, Tranmere need players, and the player stays near his base, particularly hpgood for the younger players.

29 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

players that need to go away:

niasse besic bolasie mirallas mccarthy tosun pennington, martina, onyekuru

At this point it's looking like Mirallas/Holgate will serve as backup RB so wouldnt be shocked to see him stay. Yikes. 

Niasse bolasie tosun and onyekuru all look destined for loans in Turkey. Would be great if we could sell at least two. 

Pennington to champ/l1. Martina to eredivisie? McCarthy to Newcastle/Palace? 

Not a single link to Besic which is odd. Could he be including in deal with the guy from Mainz? Bundesliga could be his level. 

4 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

At this point it's looking like Mirallas/Holgate will serve as backup RB so wouldnt be shocked to see him stay. Yikes. 

Niasse bolasie tosun and onyekuru all look destined for loans in Turkey. Would be great if we could sell at least two. 

Pennington to champ/l1. Martina to eredivisie? McCarthy to Newcastle/Palace? 

Not a single link to Besic which is odd. Could he be including in deal with the guy from Mainz? Bundesliga could be his level. 

i'd be fine with all of that.  another thing to keep in mind is Niasse, Mirallas, Mccarthy, Martina, Stek, Baines are all out of contract next year, which is a lot of dead wood (baines excepted).

55 minutes ago, Bailey said:

So when Mourinho does it thats fine because its the players yet when Silva does its because of the "system"? Then when other managers deflect its to protect the club and yet Silva does it to protect himself? Hmmm...

Before Silva joined there were several interviews on SSN of ex players praising Silva. He is known as a brilliant man manager, its why people signed for him, its why we turned it round last season when they capitulated in similar circumstances for Martinez and Koeman.

Quote all the stats you like but you are using them to mask their true inpact on the team. Walcott was crap bar those first 3 games and Tosun, which is well established that Walsh scouted and signed, did Ok with fuck all service but hasnt kicked on from that. How on earth you can say Allardyce's got the best out of Tosun when he was isolated all game every game is beyond ridiculous. 

Just to add to the effectiveness of Tosun under Allardyce / Silva. In the Premier League Tosun played approx 90 mins more for Silva than Allardyce but managed 18 more shots, 9 more on target. So in getting the best out of Tosun was Allardyce planning on him having less shots? Furthermore Tosun bagged 3 assists under Silva compared to none under Allardyce, making his total involvement in goals to 6 v 5 for Allardyce. Im not saying that this categorically means Silva got the best out of him but it strongly suggests that Allardyce did as well as you are making out.

Twist it all you like. Think I've been clear I enough explaining the difference. 

Most the teams we beat in that run clearly had issues. We still got comfortably beat by Fulham and couldn't break down Palace or beat Spurs reserves. But apparently that's okay as we beat Man United who were on a come down from the champions league 

Compare Tosun and Walcott under Alladyce to under Silva. Last season Tosun looked like a headless chicken and Walcott wasn't utilised often enough. Blame Walsh for signing him, I don't care, point I'm making is Alladyce got more out of those two players. 

Stats look similar but over 90 minutes he played better for Alladyce. Like I say above he looked like a headless chicken under Silva. I'm not saying Alladyce is the messiah, just that he knew how to use Walcott and Tosun better. 

I'm a Walcott fan but he was indifferent at best for the second half of last season, and Tosun is not a premier league striker, at least not playing upfront alone.

Silva solved the defensive crises that most people thought would cost him his job, he got us playing attractive football, he made Goodison a fortress again, and we beat the top 6 teams we have capitulated so to easily before. 

Silva reminds me of Morinho, before he went mad, he has the ability to lead us to greatness.

Lastly he is part of the team, along with Brands that has been put in place, he deserves a season at least.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Twist it all you like. Think I've been clear I enough explaining the difference. 

Most the teams we beat in that run clearly had issues. We still got comfortably beat by Fulham and couldn't break down Palace or beat Spurs reserves. But apparently that's okay as we beat Man United who were on a come down from the champions league 

Compare Tosun and Walcott under Alladyce to under Silva. Last season Tosun looked like a headless chicken and Walcott wasn't utilised often enough. Blame Walsh for signing him, I don't care, point I'm making is Alladyce got more out of those two players. 

Stats look similar but over 90 minutes he played better for Alladyce. Like I say above he looked like a headless chicken under Silva. I'm not saying Alladyce is the messiah, just that he knew how to use Walcott and Tosun better. 

Im not twisting anything. It reads to me like you have one rule for Silva and one rule for everyone else.

I disagree completely about Tosun and Walcott.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

It’s not hard Pete. U have a fast winger and  a striker that needs said wingers. God forbid what would have happened if Sam would have stayed . That wasn’t Sam with a point to prove ala Bolton. He was padding out his pension and used us accordingly 

I'll be crucified for saying this but since we missed on Zouma I think our CB cover should be Gary Cahill on a free. Ideally one yr contract but we have to go to two yrs. He'd bring a certain mentality to the dressing room which Holgate and Mina could benefit from. Certainly has enough in him to fill in for a few weeks if need be. Most importantly allows us to chase dynamic attacking players. 

Just now, AlbanyNYToffee said:

I'll be crucified for saying this but since we missed on Zouma I think our CB cover should be Gary Cahill on a free. Ideally one yr contract but we have to go to two yrs. He'd bring a certain mentality to the dressing room which Holgate and Mina could benefit from. Certainly has enough in him to fill in for a few weeks if need be. Most importantly allows us to chase dynamic attacking players. 

To be honest, I’d be taking him in any case, but more as a 4/5th CB option, purely for the influence in the dressing room. 

5 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Based on what? He literally hasn't played premier league football since 17/18 season. That's a very long time, absolutely zero foundation to that claim, I would presume it would be quite the opposite. He will have lost the pace of the league, nevermind age taking its toll. Those few weeks you mention, are they worth the fortune he will want? Nevermind the signing on fee.

A major no from me soz.