IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

Bit overly dramatic for me, think we've done OK even if nothing else happens; I'm certainly not panicking...

Latest thoughts from Dave Downie, The Blue Room Podcast: "There’s a bit of tension amongst Evertonians with silence being defeating in regards to a move for any other potential wingers.

"Enthusiasm for Marcos Rojo potentially arriving as the central defender Marco Silva earmarked as a priority hasn’t exactly been overwhelming, not least because opportunities to secure targets who aren’t as injury prone as the Argentinian have failed to materialise.

"At it stands, it appears Everton have left themselves with too much to do in such little time. It’s disappointing as there appears to be a chance to capitalise on the malaise and struggles of clubs who finished above the Blues last season.

"There’s a time for calm and a time for panic - I think Everton, or at least Evertonians, have just crossed over to the latter.

"Director of football Marcel Brands has been lauded for his work at the club over the last year with recruitment. Let’s hope the suavely coifed Dutchman has one more trick up his sleeve."

My only concern is the lack of centre back cover. I’m not keen on the idea of Rojo but will trust that Brands/Silva know better if something happens here. I’d be massively optimistic about the season ahead if we had kept hold of Zouma or signed equivalent quality but, as it stands, I think we’ve left ourselves short.

22 minutes ago, c1982 said:

My only concern is the lack of centre back cover. I’m not keen on the idea of Rojo but will trust that Brands/Silva know better if something happens here. I’d be massively optimistic about the season ahead if we had kept hold of Zouma or signed equivalent quality but, as it stands, I think we’ve left ourselves short.

This for me. “Only” missing a CB but otherwise a very productive window. They better get started on a replacement in January though. 

Await the standard 'after the deadline' confirmation we seem to be involved in every window... But I'm not at all disappointed by our business this summer. Let's not forget that Gbamin is meant to be able to play CB as well as midfield. So while it's odd we haven't got an out-and-out replacement for Zouma, I don't see us being short there, with Holgate plus the U23 options there's plenty of cover for Keane and Mina. Let's just hope they develop a good partnership quickly. 

Bit gutted about Zaha tbh, he could have been the x-factor signing that made us a threat to the top four. I think Iwobi is a decent player but not in the same league. Reckon there'll be a big onus on him and Richarlison to score us goals in a front three. Interested to see what Silva will do in midfield - Delph/Gbamin, Gomes and Sigurdsson as first choice presumably? 

I dunno where I'm at lads. Got to be honest. So slap me down to earth if need be.

I'm not unhappy. I just think we could have done more. And just feel there was a hint of old Everton panic at the end, which Id hoped to see the end of. I dunno.

Happy with Kean. He seems to be our No1 striker. That s a lot to out on a young man. New country. New league. New language. Limited experience. Talented, no doubt. Needs to be given a fair chance to settle.

Happy with Gbamin. But let's not forget he replaces a key man. Again, time to settle etc.

Delph could be a good useful player.

Forgetting the lads name as I write...the right back...useful addition.

So I'm happy. But it doesn't feel like the leap we might have expected. Again...I dunno.

I'm generally happy with the window,  we're not the only club to have linked with moves that haven't happened. 6 new signings will need time to settle in and gel with the existing squad, would have liked Zouma here permantly, but if he's not available that's that for now, glad we didn't get stung for £100, on Zaha, I think there's better players out there for that money, and I hope we've side swerved Rojo and Smalling   permanently as I don't think either are good enough to take us forward, and I wonder if he really did make bids for them. If Iwobi does happen I'll be OK with the hat for £30m - feck ! Being happy with £30m, it's all gone mad this window, how much would Pickford Siggy or Richarlison be worth now! 

6 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

A relief not to have been held to ransom on TDD. Disappointing not to have got Zouma but plenty to be excited about with the new signings I think. COYB. 

Agree. I'm sure we are all a little disappointed that we didn't add a CB and/or winger today. But, if we had landed Zaha and Rojo and spent 100-120M doing it, I think many would be unhappy feeling we let teams bend us over. we 

Based on nothing, I think Brands did try to get Zaha, but likely told CP we wanted him, but we didn't "need" him at any cost, so piss off - see ya Saturday. I'll call you in January, and ask how things are in the relegation zone - is Wilford enjoying his football this year?

15 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Just going to bump this. Did we end up spending any money at all this summer?

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

MJB was toting it all up. Must be around £50-70m I reckon even after sales. 

IN: Lossl, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Sidibe
OUT: Vlasic, Galloway, Robinson, Sambou, Lookman, Gana, J Williams, McCarthy 
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Kenny, Sandro, Adedoyin, Dowell, JVirginia, Garbutt, Tarashaj, Bowler, Broadhead
YOUTH: Sebastian Kristensen
YOUTH pro deals: Ryan Astley, Kyle John, Anthony Gordon, Ellis Simms, Joe Anderson, Einar Iversen, Nicolas Hansen, Kieran Phillips, Korede Adedoyin, Mackenzie Hunt
CONTRACT EXT: Davies, Foulds, Ouzounidis, Baines, Mampala, Bowler, Broadhead

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Jags(SheffieldUtd), A Williams, Lavery(Linfield), Hewelt(Meidz Legnica), JHilton(Blackburn), Charsley, Mathis(Rodez), Kiersey(Walsall), Bramall, Renshaw

Spent: 82.5m

Received: 75.5m

That doesn't include Iwobi who has been quoted at 30m-40m.  Besic sale to Sheff outstanding as well.  Loans for a bunch of other players to the continent forthcoming till the end of their window i would imagine (mirallas, bolasie, etc)

I just think fourth place is going begging this year but I don’t think we’ve done enough to break into that with the signings  we’ve made. I’m happy with our incomings don’t get me wrong but with Zouma and gana gone are we going to be a better team/squad? We’ve signed a potential superstar upfront granted but you can’t expect him to bag 30 goals this season. Like Romey said on other thread we can just score more goals than the opposition. Arsenal, uniteds and Chelsea’s back lines aren’t great but the firepower arsenal have and uniteds isn’t to bad. Not sure if we are going to have enough in us 

Iwobi signed for 35M not sure about that one? would rather a solid CB I think not replacing Zouma could be our downfall. 

But we should see a lot more goals scored just need to replicate last seasons clean sheets. 

Tosun and Niasse are finished now and I can’t see DCL being in front of Kean or Iwobi.  

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I wouldn’t think it’s that considerable 

McCarthy, Jags, Gana and Williams the big wages off the bill. The released lads and loans probably add up to Delph and Lossls wages. That means all the other new players aren’t really balanced out. I’m not counting Sandro either, because no one is going to be meeting his wage packet. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Looking at the list though, we’ve added considerably to the wage bill. 

more reasonable though, the wages mentioned for the new players are more like under the Moyes structure where i saw kean or gbamin on only 55k a week, this is good work by Brands to get those wages back in line.  So yes overall more, but player to player a lower amount per player due to better negotiating.