IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

Dumb question:

When a player "turns in" or "submits" a transfer request, what does that mean, procedurally?

Is it simply the player (or possibly agent) informing management via call or email they wish to leave? Or is there an actual form or specific paperwork that must be submitted from a player or authorized representative requesting an exit?

8 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

Dumb question:

When a player "turns in" or "submits" a transfer request, what does that mean, procedurally?

Is it simply the player (or possibly agent) informing management via call or email they wish to leave? Or is there an actual form or specific paperwork that must be submitted from a player or authorized representative requesting an exit?

I think it’s more a case of just putting it in writing. I’d expect just an email in this day and age.

Consequently the player would normally lose their loyalty bonus, which is often 10% of the fee the selling club receives. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I think it’s more a case of just putting it in writing. I’d expect just an email in this day and age.

Consequently the player would normally lose their loyalty bonus, which is often 10% of the fee the selling club receives. 

Thanks Steve, that was my assumption, but I have always "wandered" (free bait for the Grammatics amongst us)

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I wondered as I wandered....I shall say no more:unsure:

What must it tell Mirallas that we couldn't even find somebody in his own country who would pay for him. "Dude, we traded you for 3 Belgian waffles, your flight leaves in the morning" *fist bump* 

After he signed a new 3 year deal in 2017 after I wander if he had a picture of RK in congress with a wondering goat?

41 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I suspect said goat was on a cliff edge and any movement would've involved plunging to his/her (no sexism on TT) certain death. Tough call for the goat.

Beastiality, cool. Homophobic beastiality crosses the line? Got it 😉*scribbles some notes* What if said compromised goat was male, but Dutch? Asking for a friend, of course.

6 hours ago, Aidan said:

Disrespectful. He has only ever shown love and commitment to this club and remained professional throughout with cameos of rubbing Koemans face in it along the way. 

He deserves more than that. 

To many short memories I think, and no he isn’t that good. 

But it wasn’t solely his decision to come here we bought him and he bought into the Everton ethos and gave his best, but sometimes in life you’re best isn’t good enough but he cannot be accused of not trying and wanting it so we should thank him for that, because isn’t that the biggest thing Evertonians want players who give their all. 

18 hours ago, Aidan said:

Disrespectful. He has only ever shown love and commitment to this club and remained professional throughout with cameos of rubbing Koemans face in it along the way. 

He deserves more than that. 

Bit far saying disrespectful. At the very very least commitment and professionalism is what you expect from anybody. He has shown love for the club because he probably wakes up every morning pinching himself that he has made millions off us from his piss poor peformances when he did actually play. I think he has gotten a lot more than he deserves 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Bit far saying disrespectful. At the very very least commitment and professionalism is what you expect from anybody. He has shown love for the club because he probably wakes up every morning pinching himself that he has made millions off us from his piss poor peformances when he did actually play. I think he has gotten a lot more than he deserves 

A bit far saying disrespectful but calling a player who has been shat on over and over again at the club 'shit' without even a miniscule reaction isn't? I just believe he deserves more than that. 

Don't blame the player blame the club. 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

They are hardly servants. They are getting paid fortunes. I’m not showing distain I’m merely pointing out he is one of the worst players I’ve seen in an Everton shirt In recent times and that’s highlighted by the fact that no other fucker wants him. 

Pete wouldn't agree with you on that point. 😀

IN: Lossl, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Iwobi
OUT: Vlasic, Galloway, Robinson, Sambou, Lookman, Gana, J Williams, McCarthy, Onyekuru, Mirallas
LOAN IN: Sidibe (option to buy)
LOAN OUT: Kenny, Sandro, Adedoyin, Dowell, JVirginia, Garbutt, Tarashaj, Bowler, Broadhead, Besic, Bolasie
YOUTH: Sebastian Kristensen
YOUTH pro deals: Ryan Astley, Kyle John, Anthony Gordon, Ellis Simms, Joe Anderson, Einar Iversen, Nicolas Hansen, Kieran Phillips, Korede Adedoyin, Mackenzie Hunt
CONTRACT EXT: Davies, Foulds, Ouzounidis, Baines, Mampala, Bowler, Broadhead

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Jags(SheffieldUtd), A Williams, Lavery(Linfield), Hewelt(Meidz Legnica), JHilton(Blackburn), Charsley, Mathis(Rodez), Kiersey(Walsall), Bramall, Renshaw

Spent: 110.5m

Received: 88m

Net Spend - 22.5m

i added mirllas sold and bolasie loan out.  Anything else I missed?

hell of a window brands, lots of dead wood gone.  Still have some I would have preferred to get rid of like Morgan tosun niasse Walcott, but a ton moved on or loaned.  Quality brought in.

IN: Lossl, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Iwobi
OUT: Vlasic, Galloway, Robinson, Sambou, Lookman, Gana, J Williams, McCarthy, Onyekuru, Mirallas
LOAN IN: Sidibe (option to buy)
LOAN OUT: Kenny, Sandro, Adedoyin, Dowell, JVirginia, Garbutt, Tarashaj, Bowler, Broadhead, Besic, Bolasie, Pennington, Hornby, Connolly
YOUTH: Sebastian Kristensen
YOUTH pro deals: Ryan Astley, Kyle John, Anthony Gordon, Ellis Simms, Joe Anderson, Einar Iversen, Nicolas Hansen, Kieran Phillips, Korede Adedoyin, Mackenzie Hunt
CONTRACT EXT: Davies, Foulds, Ouzounidis, Baines, Mampala, Bowler, Broadhead

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Jags(SheffieldUtd), A Williams(Bristol City), Lavery(Linfield), Hewelt(Meidz Legnica), JHilton(Blackburn), Mathis(Rodez), Kiersey(Walsall), Bramall (Matlock Town), Renshaw (Witton Albion) 

Spent: 110.5m

Received: 88m

Net Spend - 22.5m

Looking ahead to summer 20/21

GK: Pickford, Lossl, JVirginia
DEF: Holgate, Keane, Digne, Mina, Coleman, Kenny
MID: Delph, Gylfi, Morgan, Andre, Gbamin, Davies
W: Richarlison, Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard, Broadhead 
ST: DCL, Tosun, Kean

Out of contract: Stek, Baines, Sidibe (loan end), Cuco, Garbutt, Niasse 
Dead wood: Bolasie, Sandro, Besic
Youth likely to be gone: Pennington, Connolly, Beni, Dowell

• 1 month later...

Moise Kean was a statement signing for us no doubt. However that doesn't mean we should be relying on him this season to be our 'savior'. PSG and Chelsea are the only teams having any real success with young strikers and in PSG's case that's because his name is Kylian Mbappe and in Chelsea's case it's basically down to the transfer ban and Giroud's advanced age. Without the ban I think they sign an established striker. We had a great window yes, but you win games by scoring goals. We don't have the talent, at least on current form, to create enough goals, I personally don't place all of that on Marco's shoulders. 

4 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Moise Kean was a statement signing for us no doubt. However that doesn't mean we should be relying on him this season to be our 'savior'. PSG and Chelsea are the only teams having any real success with young strikers and in PSG's case that's because his name is Kylian Mbappe and in Chelsea's case it's basically down to the transfer ban and Giroud's advanced age. Without the ban I think they sign an established striker. We had a great window yes, but you win games by scoring goals. We don't have the talent, at least on current form, to create enough goals, I personally don't place all of that on Marco's shoulders. 

Personally think we've got the sixth best squad in the league. For me the trouble is purely the manager and his insistence to go down the wings. Reminds me of Moyes for man u when they played Fulham. We have some cracking footballers and possibly the best squad of my lifetime yet this is the first time I have genuinely feared relegation. The managers I remember are Smith onwards and Silva is in a league of his own competence wise. Smith was shocking but you could at least see what he was trying, Moyes was too safe/old school and Martinez too arrogant (his outdated physio degree), Koeman never really got Everton and was stifled by Walsh who was out of his depth yet Silva takes the biscuit. I'd like to think I know above average football wise yet I know I'm no where near manager level but I believe I'd do a better job than him. He's fecking clueless, think everyone on the board is in agreement that Sigurdssen just isn't right for the job asked of him yet Silva persists. 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

Personally think we've got the sixth best squad in the league. For me the trouble is purely the manager and his insistence to go down the wings. Reminds me of Moyes for man u when they played Fulham. We have some cracking footballers and possibly the best squad of my lifetime yet this is the first time I have genuinely feared relegation. The managers I remember are Smith onwards and Silva is in a league of his own competence wise. Smith was shocking but you could at least see what he was trying, Moyes was too safe/old school and Martinez too arrogant (his outdated physio degree), Koeman never really got Everton and was stifled by Walsh who was out of his depth yet Silva takes the biscuit. I'd like to think I know above average football wise yet I know I'm no where near manager level but I believe I'd do a better job than him. He's fecking clueless, think everyone on the board is in agreement that Sigurdssen just isn't right for the job asked of him yet Silva persists. 

I know you'll never agree with me but we really haven't got the sixth best squad in the league. We're paper thin in key positions regardless of some of the big bucks we've thrown around, we've signed a lot of mediocre shite. The fact that Schneiderlin plays as soon as we have injuries in midfield - weak. The fact that Tosun is our back up striker - weak. The fact that Keane and Mina are our fist choice CBs with only Holgate in reserve - fml! We're not a strong side/squad in all respects of the word. And yeah, I agree with you now, the manager isn't good enough either. I just wanted to see if he could kick on from a good run last season.